What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Keep Elliott loose the disloyal fans!

Mullins_y2k

Juniors
I am so sick of hearing disloyal fans searching for a scapegoat and finding Elliot,
They assume that just because his future is set that he’s going to suddenly after years of work throw in the towel?? These views are absolutely ludicrous.

Very seldom do people say players have given up on their current club when we know there going elsewhere next season, why would coaches be any different??

Im not saying im not embarrassed by the points we’ve had scored against us, but these things happen in our game and I don’t see this trend continuing for to long. Nor do I think a one man change would have any positive rewards at this stage in the season.

We were very good for the first 50 today and had 4 bounces of the ball all go against us, sure it was scrappy defense but the rooster are a class side and would have beat most sides in the NRL today and the knights! Well look at them right now no one can stop them! so we really shouldn’t be so negative!

Where 1-2 people cheer up!! It’s a bloody long season we havn’t lost seven in a row yet like the end of last year relax! And get behind your team all members of the team!

[FONT=&quot]Go raiders[/FONT]

woodgers

Bench
The Roosters would have beaten only us or Souths today, they were terrible by their own admission.

People like myself have the sh*ts because we can see what has happened to our great club and the people who destoyed it are still here. Elliott might not have given up but it doesn't matter because he is a terrible coach to start with!

Your last paragraph was the best...it will be a long bloody season. Conceeding 126 points in 2 weeks and being laughed at on the internet and talkback radio is gutwrenching, people making jokes about how bad we are and sticking the boot in. That isn't the Raiders I know that play with a complete lack of pride in that lime green and break records for most points conceeded.

Mal Meninga

Bench
What work has Elliot done?
Buy 2 hookers and play them as halfbacks.
Play 1 out footy with no idea on how to score points.
Despite 1 decent year, has pretty much made us making up the numbers since he took over.

Elliot has done nothing. The team looks uncoached, had no major changes from the team that had 70 put on them. Look for the man who has no balls to make hard decisions or create a game plan, to make minor changes such as swapping a few from the bench to start and us to get smashed by 60 against the Panthers next week.

Kris_man

Bench
Nobody's disloyal at all dude. Our loyalty is to the Raiders, not to the coach, the players, or anyone else.

greeneyed

First Grade
I think we should keep this in mind for the stupidest thread of the year for the Golden Boogs, maybe the decade.

The fans aren't disloyal, we don't move on from club to club depending on who pays us most. Elliott is the one leaving and saying publicly that he is already working for Penrith in his "spare time".

Bay56

First Grade
I Bleed Green said:
Awesome quote. Seriously.

K_Man copied that from me .. but nonetheless it is true.

Am I disloyal ?? ..

mate I pay my season ticket for a family and make a prediction that we will finish 13th this year ...

I recently travelled to Manly thinking we were going to get belted

I'm going to next weeks game here at Bruce knowing that my team has just had 1000 points scored against it

I want my team to have the best possible coach it can get to nurture our young talent into superstars

Dont think I'm disloyal.

Mullos it just might be about time to admit you might just have been wrong about Elliott

Mullins_y2k

Juniors
Kris_man said:
Nobody's disloyal at all dude. Our loyalty is to the Raiders, not to the coach, the players, or anyone else.

THEY ARE THE RAIDERS! they are it for now, I would love the glory days back as much as you. Watching Mullins, Daley, furner, clyde, walters and Mal in the one team was amazing but it's a combination of things that has us where we are now.

I actually think a high profile coach next year will be a boost but calling for Elliott's head mid season mearly adds to the instabillity at present

Being Loyal to a club is more than being loyal to a logo or a tradition its about sticking by your players coaches and tuffing out times like these... the main points I was trying to get across with this thread was

1. Relax it's early don't panic stay positive
2. and i strongly beleive that Elliott is fully dedicated to the raiders

azza

Juniors
Mullins_y2k said:
THEY ARE THE RAIDERS! they are it for now

Just because they are the current people running the club does not mean we have to blindly support them. They are driving every proud moment this club has had in it's short but incredible history into the ground and replacing it with an embarrassing combination of mediocrity, incompetence, and weakness. The result - a losing culture on and off the field (ie we are as pathetic in terms of our recruitment as we are in terms of our performances, case in point --> offering Manu a 2nd chance to sign when we said we wouldn't. How does that command respect in the marketplace?)

Mullins_y2k said:
1. Relax it's early don't panic stay positive
2. and i strongly beleive that Elliott is fully dedicated to the raiders

1. The reason people are panicking is this is the SAME crap Elliott has dished up for all but ONE year he has been at this club. I think the panic is justified. In fact, I wouldn't call it panic. Panic suggests we have hope. This is just morbid acceptance.

2. You believe he is dedicated despite the fact the idiot himself has admitted he is working for the Panthers in his spare time

Bay56

First Grade
Mullos can you PM me when it is OK to start panicking.

Mate I'm not panicking ... I've set my sights fairly low this season expecting a 13th place ... I record and burn every win the Raiders have (cant see myself using too many DVD's this season :lol: ) and I cheerish each and everyone of those wins because I'm expecting a few more on the wrong side of the ledger.

Disloyal???? I know your a fellow raiders fan, but thats f**kin bullsh*t, not once, in my 22 years has my loyalty for this once great club faded, but the keyword was once, we are not great, and wont be until something happens at this club, and it, unfortunately starts next year when mr one liner isnt here anymore

Mr One Liner...lol great call there

Elliott has been needing to go for 2 years...it's been festering for a while and the boil's reached a mammoth head. Let's hope it bursts real soon...Or we'll have to wait to lance it Mad Monday 2006.

Bay56 said:
I'm going to next weeks game here at Bruce knowing that my team has just had 1000 points scored against it

I want my team to have the best possible coach it can get to nurture our young talent into superstars

Dont think I'm disloyal.

Just about sums up my feelings as well. I'll be there saturday night, the weekend after that, the weekend after that, screaming, shouting carrying on at the games. Doesn't mean I have to be happy with the tripe being served up. I didn't have much hope for this year, still don't, I like surprises. Just a pity the chances of the surprise seem to be dwindling with each 50+ score...

sydraider

First Grade
We should be thanking the Panthers, if it wasnt for them, we would probably be stuck with Mr one liner for another couple of years.

aussies1st

Staff member
Don't see how we are disloyal. Disloyal is when you support another team when we are playing.
Hating the coach is just opinions, most clubs have done it at some stage.

Boing Boing

Juniors
I don't think anybody here is disloyal. Whilst my opinions are often quite different to those of most around here, I think we all share the same passion.

Someone started an anti-Elliott chant yesterday and that is disloyal. No matter how bad one person is, you should NEVER cheer against your own club. I support the Raiders and everyone who makes up a part of the club. I'll never sing against my team, whether it's Elliott, Howell or who ever.

So, we're travelling awfully at the moment. So what? I'll still be out there every week supporting my team, no matter how atrocious they are because that's what it's about for me. I don't see the point in bagging the coach or certain players, I just can't be stuffed.

Come on Raiders, put in next week!!

edabomb

First Grade
Boing Boing said:
I don't think anybody here is disloyal. Whilst my opinions are often quite different to those of most around here, I think we all share the same passion.

Someone started an anti-Elliott chant yesterday and that is disloyal. No matter how bad one person is, you should NEVER cheer against your own club. I support the Raiders and everyone who makes up a part of the club. I'll never sing against my team, whether it's Elliott, Howell or who ever.

So, we're travelling awfully at the moment. So what? I'll still be out there every week supporting my team, no matter how atrocious they are because that's what it's about for me. I don't see the point in bagging the coach or certain players, I just can't be stuffed.

Come on Raiders, put in next week!!

I agree 100%

IMO the day I start barracking against Elliott is the day I take some satisfaction in losses. Which I never want to happen. You just have to look at how much more traffic theres been here after losses this season compared to wins......

Raider Ultra

Bench
I didn't take satisfaction in the loss, I did start the Elliott out chant. He can f*ck off, I'm not loyal to him, I'm loyal to the Raiders. What else is going to happen? People sit on an internet forum bitching about the coach. Does that get anything done?

Panjabi

Juniors
Raider Ultra said:
I didn't take satisfaction in the loss, I did start the Elliott out chant. He can f*ck off, I'm not loyal to him, I'm loyal to the Raiders. What else is going to happen? People sit on an internet forum bitching about the coach. Does that get anything done?

I agree. Instead of voicing my dissatisfaction with Elliot on the internet I rather do it at the ground.

legend

Coach
I guess this is the final phase of the Elliott five year plan. To do a runner and leave the club in absolute tatters.

Mission accomplished Matty boy. Jodb well done.

Latest posts