What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Keep Elliott loose the disloyal fans!

edabomb

First Grade
I do commend yous for voicing your opinion at the ground so it can be heard. Beats some people on the forum with their "I was close enough to Matty Elliott to trip him up, but I didn't" carry on.

I'm just saying it seems some people seem to care more about Elliott than the onfield performances.

Elliotts gameplan worked for 60 minutes yesterday, I'm sure he didn't tell Purtell to drop the ball over the line or players to start missing tackles everywhere. However, he still must take responsibility for their conditioning, which is the worst in the league.

choc_soldier

Coach
sydraider said:
We should be thanking the Panthers, if it wasnt for them, we would probably be stuck with Mr one liner for another couple of years.

The pleasure is all ours... oh gawd... :lol:

ed bbay

Juniors
disloyal fans NO angry fans YES & we have every right to be .
yes we sit on our computers & talk sh*t but its only because we have green blood & want our club to be up there with the best of them .
my kids are young & unfortantly for them they dont have a choice who they follow for a team because they knew the day they where born , it was already in their blood line .when they where first brought home the first thing they saw was walls filled with signed flags , mats , posters & the like they ve grown up with it & have accepted it & they love it . but i feel so sory for them i wish they had picked their own team to support .
we love the raiders & have even converted the wife to the green machine but their all sick of hearing of the good old days & are all sick of me yelling & screaming at the tv & after the game getting the sh*ts .
its policy in our house to where your teams colours after a loss & be proud of them no matter what is said when walking down the street .
its going to be a tough year but support them we will .
the other thing this club must understand is money through the gates there wont be many there this weekend & sales of murchindise would be down , we used to travel to games but now dont for obviouse reasons we live 2 hr away from act & the effort we used to put in to be there just isnt worth it when it makes you so sick with the performance you see .

albi

Juniors
I understand your position, Mullins.

I have mixed feelings, but ultimately, Elliot's record speaks for itself. He's turned us from a team considered to be one of the most exciting, to a team laughed at for our sheer dullness. I could overlook our uninspiring tactics if it brought results - It hasn't, Elliot defected in the dead of night after saying he was staying, we're being humiliated...Elliot has to go.

Mullins_y2k

Juniors
I still think I’m one of the only guys here who's thinking positive tho, I mean i still think we can make the 8 any raider who says we cant after 3 rounds is kidding them self. I don't know whether im being blindly optimistic but I Really don’t think were gonna get smashed week in and weed out ( few more times for sure)

It's interesting to see how many people took it personally when I said get rid of the disloyal fans, I really wasn't addressing the majority really like 5% ...I spose the replies really do show just how passionate we all our I do apologies if I pissed any of you off, after all we are all comrades here.

Leethal

Juniors
Plenty of rounds left to make the semis, but we need a 180 degree turn around in every facet of football....

Chachi

Bench
I have been a vocal supporter of Elliott up until he signed a contract for another club. I always took the view that he was doing the best he could with a very ordinary roster (give or take a few useless team selections).

Good luck to him for his career with Penrith and for what it's worth I have no doubts he is giving as much he can to win us games while he is still here.

What I do question though is the motivation he has given our players. It would be hard to respect a coach who asks you at the end of a game "why did you choke after 50 minutes?" when all you can think to say is "I don't know...why did you p!ss off on us before round one?".

There is far more wrong at the Raiders than just the coach - unfortunately he is one of those things that is now wrong and he has already committed to another club for next year. I won't boo him or yell at him, but after 2 shocking performances why should I be loyal to him?

Having said that - the players need to have some sort of self pride in their performance and that has been sadly lacking for 2 weeks. I don't care so much if they're not good enough, but conceding 8 tries in 25-30 mins is an absolute disgrace.

Bay56

First Grade
Marc Herbert [CNTDN] said:
I do commend yous for voicing your opinion at the ground so it can be heard. Beats some people on the forum with their "I was close enough to Matty Elliott to trip him up, but I didn't" carry on.

I'm just saying it seems some people seem to care more about Elliott than the onfield performances.

Elliotts gameplan worked for 60 minutes yesterday, I'm sure he didn't tell Purtell to drop the ball over the line or players to start missing tackles everywhere. However, he still must take responsibility for their conditioning, which is the worst in the league.

Maybe Elliott should read a couple of extra chapters in "Coaching for Idiots" and get himself an 80 min plan.

Did Elliott tell them to drop the ball and miss tackles ... you'd hope friggin not ... but more to the point it is his job as a coach to train his players to avoid those sorts of elementary mistakes .... unfortunately we consistently underperform in that department ... how many times have you see us drop the ball in the first set after scoring a try ... mate I pull out the rosarys in that first set every game.

Btw ed ... luv your first para :lol:

edabomb

First Grade
I'm coming over to your side slowly Bay. It won't be complete untill we have a coach that actually makes us a contender though.....

Bay56

First Grade
Marc Herbert [CNTDN] said:
I'm coming over to your side slowly Bay. It won't be complete untill we have a coach that actually makes us a contender though.....

I've had to reinforce the wheels on this thing a few times in the past few years :lol:

hang in there buddy you might find out soon that I wasnt as naive as a lot tried to portray me as.

nickraider

Juniors
Mullins_y2k said:
I still think I’m one of the only guys here who's thinking positive tho, I mean i still think we can make the 8 any raider who says we cant after 3 rounds is kidding them self. I don't know whether im being blindly optimistic but I Really don’t think were gonna get smashed week in and weed out ( few more times for sure)

It's interesting to see how many people took it personally when I said get rid of the disloyal fans, I really wasn't addressing the majority really like 5% ...I spose the replies really do show just how passionate we all our I do apologies if I pissed any of you off, after all we are all comrades here.

Hard to be positive after the last 2 weeks mate. The coach is always going to blamed for losses but I think it is justified with Elliott becuase his mind is already with Penrith. We need someone here now who is going to be totally focussed and get the players focussed. I love the Raiders and will support them to the end but the last 2 weeks have been gut-wrenching!