What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Keep this in mind for the game against Newcastle

Haynzy

First Grade
I wouldn't have said the boys were totally convincing in their last few wins.
Yes they attacked well in patches and defended well in patches but still allowed Penrith, Cronulla and Manly to be in touch.
I think Brian will be encouraging the boys to stay on the job for the whole 80mins.

If they can do that then I think they will win well.
It's up to them to turn up now.

Haynzy said:
I wouldn't have said the boys were totally convincing in their last few wins.
Yes they attacked well in patches and defended well in patches but still allowed Penrith, Cronulla and Manly to be in touch.
I think Brian will be encouraging the boys to stay on the job for the whole 80mins.

If they can do that then I think they will win well.
It's up to them to turn up now.

I dont know what game u were watching but penrith game we were in total control, we never looked like losing and some dubious ref decisions kept them in the game and made the scoreline respectable.
Cronulla again in total control ref decides to penalise us for a incorrect play the ball in the second half, the get a little momentum and we have only 1 reserve player on the bench and we still disposed of them quiet easily, not to mention the 2nd last try which the winger knocked on , but video ref decides to award (absolute joke).
Manly game they scored from our mistake in 1st half, then scored from a ref mistake in second half calling a tackle on wade wen he had no one hold him, they wanted to play the rough stuff and boys just muscled up for a win, manly never ever threatened us.

wat you will find is parra are playing a defence game and waiting for the scoring options at the right time. in the next few weeks you might see some big scorelines or more convincing wins by the eels when they have gotten their defence to 100%.

Haynzy

First Grade
I take your point that they are playing a defensive game but Referees decisions or not in each of those games there were times where they allowed the opposition back into the game with either poor handling, soft defence or stupid penalties.

I don't expect them to be perfect every week but Brian keeps saying that they still have improvement in them. I believe him.
This game is the perfect chance to prove that and then continue with that momentum.

fish eel

Immortal
Obviously, there is still plenty of improvement left in them.

Those three games though, against Manly whilst it was tight on the scoreboard, defensively, we had their measure and I felt comfortable up in the stand. The Sharks, they've been playing good football, that was a terrific win down there, they were always going to come back and we were able to put them away. Don't forget in that game, Tahu was killing it before he went off hurt and wags and pj were both injured as well.

The Penrith game, very professional effort, twice they came back at us and twice we were able to get away and finish them off at the end. Very satisfying.

If we have the resolve we've shown over the last month, newcastle are in trouble.

Haynzy

First Grade
Don't get me wrong guys. I'm not saying that they weren't great wins, or that they played crap or that there weren't extenuating circumstances, just that they have improvement in them still.

sportive cupid

Referee
chloe said:
St George 91 d Canterbury 6, Earl Park. May 11, 1935
Easts 87 d Canterbury 7, Sydney Sports Ground. May 18, 1935
Parramatta 74 d Cronulla 4, Parramatta Stadium. Aug 23, 2003
yes ,and who ccan forget 84-0 Bosco V Aquinus July 2004 (OUCHHHH!!!)

sportive cupid

Referee
No Chloe I'm talking about a real game.Just because its junior footy doesn't mean that it doesn't have a sting in it's tail.:BDH: (Bandwagoners)