What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kemp back at the broncos.

jakepearce94

Juniors
If he can get back to full fitness, he'd be more valuable than Berryman or Georgetown.

Hopefully he has more luck this stint. I don't think people realise how tough his last injury was.
I really rate berryman, looks like a very promising prospect. would love to see him get a go in first grade!

jakepearce94

Juniors
Good signing. He was the quickest over 40m in the history of the club at one point (might still hold that title) and a rib injury really shouldn't have taken pace off him if he's kept the rest of himself in check. He's only 25, if he's kept his fitness up he has plenty of good footy left in him.

Part of a select few Broncos to score 4 tries in one match, Kemp should walk onto the left wing if fit. I'll never forget that game against Parra where everyone thought we were going to golden point, but Lockyer just chipped one over the top for Kemp to come flying through and score. I don't know if I've ever heard the crowd roar louder at Suncorp.
was at that match, probably the best match I've ever been too !

bellyache

Bench
The problem with Kemp is he needs to break his way into the side, I have no doubt if he can do that and score a couple of tries he'll get his confidence back.
Agree, Kemp was good until he left the Bronc's. Maybe his return will get him back on track?

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRbaJDmDDao&NR=1[/youtube]

Here's the Broncs highlights for 2008. A lot of Kemps best work is featured. I forgot how much of a freak he was when he played for us.

ShaneO85

Juniors
This takes me back

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nZI7EJKAkQ

reminds me how much we miss hunt, god denan benefited from being on the end of his passes. also reminded me that we were robbed in 2008. F@#KING SIMS!

and this was one of my top 3 moments i've experienced at suncorp i think

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfwdYbMYdnc

Mateo had brisbane single handedly beaten in this game, locky went off hurt then limped back on for the last 5 or so minutes, only to pull this out... what a legend

Last edited:

some11

Referee
[youtube]pRbaJDmDDao[/youtube]

Here's the Broncs highlights for 2008. A lot of Kemps best work is featured. I forgot how much of a freak he was when he played for us.

Only need the video code to embed youtube.

I've watched that so many times... back when we were still creative in attack.

Nerd

Bench
Some great attacking plays!

After watching that I am more convinced than ever that Prince needs to be the go to man this year and Wallace should be moved to the bench in a utility role.

Also reminds me how good Lockyer was.

whykickamoocow

Juniors
things that stand out the most from watching that

1, we need a fullback that can pass and kick to set up tries ala Hunt

2, Wallace didn't have a hand in any of them

Not a bad signing. Interesting to see if he still has his speed. Something we would do with.
Didn't look like getting a game at the Dragons, then again, whyo would displace Morris or Nightingale, not many. Ridiculous signing, if you haven't got an outside back junior, you are in big trouble. Next thing Alfie will be making a comeback.

Last edited:

ShaneO85

Juniors
everyone still seems to be hating on copely. I'll admit at the start of the year any time a ball went near him i winced and waited for him to drop it, but as the year went on he became much more consistent and dependable.

By the end of the year i was relieved if the opposition kicked it to copely cos i had no faith in hoffman having a dig.

I think dale will come along well in 2013.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Didn't look like getting a game at the Dragons, then again, whyo would displace Morris or Nightingale, not many. Ridiculous signing, if you haven't got an outside back junior, you are in big trouble. Next thing Alfie will be making a comeback.

What a ridiculous comparison. You do realise Kemp is only 25 right?

jakepearce94

Juniors
it's a depth signing, we have plenty of outside backs, but most of them are inexperienced. denan could do good things for the club, if he nails down a starting spot