What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Keneally Press Release - $13 million for Jubilee

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Its great for the club, but to play devils advocate a bit...

Is this really where our coin should be going considering the state that this joint is in?

Jono1987

Juniors
Good news. Only thing that I'm concerned about is that this stage of development is listed as 'final'. I thought the original plans were to turn Jubliee into an all-seat stadium? Which I believe is needed.

Good news. Only thing that I'm concerned about is that this stage of development is listed as 'final'.

I think the context of that is the final stage of this redevelopment plan.

i.e.

Stage 1: Lights, northern terrace, new concourse and associated works
Stage 2: SW Grandstand and associated works
Stage 3: NW Grandstand and associated works

I thought the original plans were to turn Jubliee into an all-seat stadium?

I've seen that spoken of as a possibility and need for the future, but never an actual plan of the club. I'm sure once this development is completed the next stage will be consideration of the future of the southern and eastern hills.

Which I believe is needed.

I concur. Eventually. Once this stage is finished we need to look for capacity expansion - this doesn't necessarily require an all-seater straight away though.

Deacon

First Grade
If they plan on finishing this work before our first home game in 2011 it will be great.

Doubt it'll be finished before the 2011 season starts more likely fully complete by the start of 2012, though it shouldnt effect games being played there in 2011 just a reduced capacity

jimmee007

Juniors
just to confirm, this is going to the corner where the seating already exists?

so look at the stand from the hill it's on the right?

do they have a design picture of what stage 3 is going to look like???

Deacon

First Grade
just to confirm, this is going to the corner where the seating already exists?

so look at the stand from the hill it's on the right?

do they have a design picture of what stage 3 is going to look like???

Yes to the right, where the temporary seats are currently(the ones not on the concrete slab base)

No design pic yet though there are ones floating around(artist impressions) shown from above

R2K

Bench
Doubt it'll be finished before the 2011 season starts more likely fully complete by the start of 2012, though it shouldnt effect games being played there in 2011 just a reduced capacity

Planned completion before round 5 next year.

st.phil

Bench
Good news. Only thing that I'm concerned about is that this stage of development is listed as 'final'. I thought the original plans were to turn Jubliee into an all-seat stadium? Which I believe is needed.

No way - Hill to stay

Dave Q

Coach
Great news for the people of Blacktown waiting for our hospital to be fixed.

Keaneally and NSW Labor are poison atm.

A nuclear blast would be more popular....and more productive.