What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kennedy, Tahu out

roopy

Referee
This according to the late mail column in the Sydney Herald

"Captain Ben Kennedy (ankle) and winger Timana Tahu have been ruled out of Newcastle's game against North Queensland at EnergyAustralia Stadium on Sunday - and there is some doubt over whether Kennedy will be available for the first round of the finals.

"We'll just have to see how it settles down," said coach Michael Hagan, who will promote Matthew Jobson or Andrew Price from a five-man bench to replace the lock and Craig Hall as Tahu's deputy.

Matt Parsons is the likely captain."

I suspect Lowrie will be added to the bench.

It is a good move leaving Wooly on the bench, because he loves to have an impact off the bench.

MC DUI

Juniors
Doh! Thats an even bigger blow I knew Kennedy was out this week
but Tahu as well :evil: And Kennedy possibly out for the 1st final #-o

Do you get your cash back if you placed a last try scorer bet on a player
that is ruled out of a game :?: :?: I had some on Tahu :?:

antonius

Coach
Nothing against Parso, but honestly he isn't Captain material, he's too bloody reserved, plus he's not on the field long enough during the game. I'd give it to Buderus. If Kennedy is out of the first finals game then it's a safe bet he wont have to play again this season, no Kennedy= no progress in the finals series. :cry:

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
I agree 100% antonius. I'd much rather have buderus or o'davis as captain. I've also got my doubts over kennedy playing again this year. Does anyone know what injury tahu has?

Doctor

Bench
kennedy would have to be dead to miss the first final.

Yeah, and that's underestimating his determination to play I'd imagine - he'll play - on crutches if need be.

As I've said in previous posts, I'd much rather see Kennedy and Tahu out for an extra week than have them risking further damage by playing in a match that has little importance.

I personally like the idea of Buderus as captain - Parsons wouldn't do a bad job, but you're right when you say he is a bit reserved. Buderus is more likely to be on the field too.

Hopefully most hands will be back on deck for the finals.

knightsgal85

Juniors
Bring it home Knights said:
Does anyone know what injury tahu has?

Apparently Timana Tahu has a knee injury, but is expected to return in next week's qualifying final.

Ben Kennedy has a midfoot sprain, & is expected to return next week, but there is some serious doubt. If we were to lose Ben Kennedy for next week's qualifying final, it will definitely be a huge disservice to our team's chances of success in causing an upset. No matter what happens, we will have to continue to play with that determination & enthusiasm we have witnessed in the past few performances, with a high quality team effort, & anything can happen.

In relation to the captaincy issue for this Sunday, I tend to agree that I would have preferred someone like Danny Buderus, or possibly Robbie O'Davis to take over the reigns. I have nothing against Matt Parsons at all, but I'm a little disappointed that he is named captain. Obviously, he has been captain in past instances when Joey has been out, but like antonius has mentioned, he is too reserved & not on the field long enough. Having said this, Matt will do the best job he can possibly do.

Faranah

Juniors
aww, we really need them back before the first week of the finals, hopefully they are both well by then. I would like to see Buderus as captain too, i think would be better as captain then Parsons.

Leasha

Juniors
I'd have to agree with the general concensus on this issue that I would rather not see Matt Parsons as captain. Although a great player, and a leader in himself, the Knight seem to thrive under the leadership of someone inspirational, such as Johns or Kennedy, as has been demonstrated through their high winning percentage with these two. Though Parsons has the desire and commitment, he does not seem to project the inspiration that Johns or Kennedy do, or even O'Davis or Buderus.

On the topic of Tahu, a reliable source (and yes, I am usually as wary of reliable sources as most people, but this is someone who works at the radiologists he had his scans done at) saw his knee scan and said that with the depth of injury he has sustained, doctors are keen to keep him out for another week to prevent any further damage. :(

Alba

Coach
nooooooooooooooooooo this can NOT be happening!!
are the words u r saying tru....
"i will crawl in a hole n die!"
hahahaha but seriously why cant everyone jus be fit for once?!

roopy

Referee
replicated god,
shoot the dog, I don't care.

I used to read every issue of that magazine, and now I can't even remember the name of it.

( for those that don't know, the photo RG is using as his Avatar was a famous cover of a magazine with the caption 'if you don't buy this magazine, we will shoot this dog')

roopy

Referee
roopy said:
replicated god,

I used to read every issue of that magazine, and now I can't even remember the name of it.

( for those that don't know, the photo RG is using as his Avatar was a famous cover of a magazine with the caption 'if you don't buy this magazine, we will shoot this dog')
My memory hasn't gone completely, the magazine was 'National Lampoon', the same magazine that produced 'Animal House' and the Vacation movies.

ReplicatedGod

Juniors
roopy said:
roopy said:
replicated god,

My memory hasn't gone completely, the magazine was 'National Lampoon', the same magazine that produced 'Animal House' and the Vacation movies.

i didn't even know that avatar was part of a magazine, i just picked it off the avatar selection because it was humerous

Latest posts