1. Out Now:

Here it is - the latest edition of The Front Row, our exclusive online e-magazine with a full wrap on last weekend's NRL & NRLW along with the match programme for the coming weekend of action in the NRL Finals, NRLW, Challenge Cup, Super League, NZRL and the Toulouges Nines!

In this week's edition Paul Jobber goes one-on-one with retired NRL match official Gavin Badger, Rick Edgerton looks at some of the legendary halves pairings as Penrith pair Nathan Cleary & Jarome Luai ascend to potential greatness, and we look at a world of rugby league this coming weekend with Steve Mascord.

Add to that all the regular features you've come to expect - a full NRL Finals Week 3, NRLW Round 3, Challenge Cup Final, Super League Round 16, NZRL Premiership and Toulouges Nines programme - and you have one fantastic 36-page magazine for your weekend's reading!

EDITION 21 - OUT NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

Kerney's Stubborn Love Of Bad Talent

Discussion in 'Parramatta Eels' started by TheRam, Apr 10, 2012.

1. TheRam

TheRam First Grade

Just one more example of bad coaching that cannot be ignored any longer. Why is this guy still in the team? SK is having himself on and the rest of us have to sit here and cop his pathetic excuses and smirks when he's trying to explain why the team is playing like crap. Well here's a clue buddy...You can't f**king coach for sh*t!!!

Get the hell out of our club and let someone that has a clue have a go!!!

Taniela Lasalo Mins= 40... Receives= 5.... Runs= 5(31)..... Tackles= 21
    Taniela Lasalo Mins= 69... Receives= 13.. Runs= 12(101)...Tackles= 23... T.Brks= 2
    Taniela Lasalo Mins= 53... Receives= 4.... Runs= 3(24)...... Tackes= 34 ..................... Errors= 1.. PenConc.= 1
    Taniela Lasalo Mins= 55... Receives= 9.... Runs= 6(39)...... Tackles= 30... T.Brks= 3.... Errors= 2.. PenConc.= 1
    Taniela Lasalo Mins= 34... Receives= 6.... Runs= 5(36)...... Tackles= 27 ..................... Errors= 1
    Taniela Lasalo Mins= 20... Receives= 8.... Runs= 4(25)...... Tackles= 14... T.Brks= 1..................... PenConc.=1 ......Offloads= 1

Ah that's better. I just needed to let it out. The world's a beautiful place again. As you were.

2. oldmancraigy

oldmancraigy Coach

Hey at least he benched him!

I'd much prefer to have Taulima Tautai sitting on the bench though. Much bigger, much more physical style of player, and provides us something very different to Maitua/ Paulo in the backrow should we need it.

Sure, TT can't catch, but that's not exactly Lasalo's strength either.

3. TheRam

TheRam First Grade

Agreed OMC.

4. hineyrulz

hineyrulz Post Whore

The guy just offers nothing, not sure what Kearney sees in him.

5. Haynzy

Haynzy First Grade

I suppose his tackle stats are ok if it's any consolation.

6. Barry O'Speedwagon

Barry O'Speedwagon Coach

My theory is that Lasalo is the team hypnotist/faith healer, and every Tuesday about 1pm he does the 'look into my eyes, look into my eyes, don't look away from my eyes' routine.

7. Gronk

Gronk Moderator Staff Member

Sadly Lasalo is in the team because there is nobody in reggies putting pressure on his spot.

8. oldmancraigy

oldmancraigy Coach

:(

9. Twizzle

Twizzle Administrator Staff Member

defence isn't too bad

10. TheParraboy

TheParraboy Moderator Staff Member

Is Taniela eligible to play state of origin?

11. Twizzle

Twizzle Administrator Staff Member

if he was any good Mal would have been on his case before now

12. Parra03

Parra03 Juniors

I think Kerney is good to people who offer "nothing" much like himself. I am not sure how long he will last. At this moment i wish there was someone else coaching us. And i mean anyone ! Would have been way cheaper with same results !

13. Parraren

Parraren Bench

I'm not a huge fan of Horo's but even a complete moron can see he offers far more than Lasalo, especially as a bench forward.

Surely if Kearney is worth half a pinch of sh!t as a coach he could get Horo motivated enough to pull out a massive effort to hold his place in first grade if picked next week?

14. Gronk

Gronk Moderator Staff Member

Horo's family defected to the Panthers. We are the family club and our family don't take kindly to disloyalty.

[​IMG]

15. True EEL

True EEL Bench

I have been saying this since mid-way through last season, Lasalo is just crap

At least SK benched him, but as others have said above, why not give Taulima Tautai a chance ahead of him, or anyone for that matter???

16. parra pete

parra pete Coach

neither is degate..