What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kevin Locke

Meth

Staff member
Is he due back this week? I am completely in the dark with regards to the nature and severity of his injury

Good to see young Tupou bag 3 tries this weekend, but would like to see Locke marking Vuna in this must win match v the Knights. If he is fit, he would be the only change I would like to see made to the team.

kuwaiti kev

Juniors
Not sure i'd like to see him marking Vuna though. Vuna is on fire and a powerhouse, while Locke was found wanting badly on defense in his previous match for the Warriors.
Would be a major miss match if you ask me.

(Yes Locke is very talented with ball in hand)

Meth

Staff member
Not sure i'd like to see him marking Vuna though. Vuna is on fire and a powerhouse, while Locke was found wanting badly on defense in his previous match for the Warriors.
Would be a major miss match if you ask me.

(Yes Locke is very talented with ball in hand)

you think it would be safer to have Tupou marking him

kuwaiti kev

Juniors
If Locke isn't 100% then yeah, at least Tupou has some size about him. Vuna will tuck Locke under his arm and still outpace the cover defence lol.

Meth

Staff member
If he is fit, wouldn't you bring him straight back in? Granted, he was terrible defensively a few short weeks ago; but prior to that, his form has started to pick up.

kuwaiti kev

Juniors
Normally i'd be the first to rush him back, but I think he came back too early last time and the last thing we want is him limping off again after watching Vuna or Uate scorch past him a few times.

Plus Billy Tupou will be riding high after his hat-trick so 1 more week shouldn't be too big a deal. the Knights don't have the best kicking game so hopefully they won't bomb Billy ALL game ;)

Good to see young Tupou bag 3 tries this weekend, but would like to see Locke marking Vuna in this must win match v the Knights.

So your logic is replace a player that had his best 1st grade game to date and bagged 3 tries with a trip to the Auckland Vulcans??" :crazy:
Priceless

Meth

Staff member
So your logic is replace a player that had his best 1st grade game to date and bagged 3 tries with a trip to the Auckland Vulcans??" :crazy:
Priceless

To be honest, I wouldn't really mind either way.

Yeah, he scored 3 tries and looked good at some times, but looked horrendous at other times; I don't think anybody on her would consider him ahead of Locke in the long term (aside from dribbling merkins like you perhaps).

So, it's not a matter of if, but when will Locke resume on the wing; and with the finals approaching, there's a case for the sooner the better

Skinner

Coach
Surely the plan in the mid to long term is Nobby to fullback and Billy as a permanent (as can be) winger....I think it needs start now.

Meth

Staff member
Surely the plan in the mid to long term is Nobby to fullback and Billy as a permanent (as can be) winger....I think it needs start now.

Kevin Locke is probably our future at fullback; the #1 jersey might be his in 2011.

We could have began the transition several weeks ago, but its too close to the finals to do it now. Unless he is injured, Hohaia is our fullback for the rest of the season. If he is injured, I imagine it would be J-Ro.

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Good point, where do you fit him in?
Drop Manu? surely not!
Drop Tupou? After a hattrick? surely not!
Drop Hohaia...risky, very risky.

Meth

Staff member
Good point, where do you fit him in?
Drop Manu? surely not!
Drop Tupou? After a hattrick? surely not!
Drop Hohaia...risky, very risky.

I sincerely believe Locke would have scored that hattrick on Saturday as well. I don't say that to take anything away from Tupou- but let's not get carried away