What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kevin Locke

kuwaiti kev

Juniors
Locke would have scored one of them, the other two he would not have been big enough to force his way through the tackles. Yes Tupou made some howlers as well when the ball was kicked to him.

Locke will replace Tupou when the time is right, I just don't want to see him out there trying to stop a seriously in form player if he is not 100%. I already think Locke has some confidence issues lets not destroy them this close to the finals.

No way should we shift him to fullback this close to the finals (unless Hohaia is injured).

Martli

Coach
Locke hasn't really proven himself at fullback this year, more to do with limited opportunity than anything else. I think it would be stupid to put him there with our season on the line; only put him there if both Hohaia and Ropati are injured. I guess I'd understand if they decided to drop Tupou, but at the same time I'd also understand if they kept him. It's a tough choice.

Meth

Staff member
Locke will replace Tupou when the time is right, I just don't want to see him out there trying to stop a seriously in form player if he is not 100%. I already think Locke has some confidence issues lets not destroy them this close to the finals.

Fair enough mate

I don't want to see Locke rushed in if he is not 100% either

Meth

Staff member
Locke hasn't really proven himself at fullback this year, more to do with limited opportunity than anything else.

I think he had several games for the Vulcans there and was not overly impressive (according to those on here who went to watch)

Rich102

Staff member
Didn't we change a winning team when Tate and Mannering came back from injury? Since then we broke our winning streak.

Tupou deserves his place.

NZ Warrior

First Grade
I think Tupou should retain his spot, especially after scoring a hat-trick. You don't drop a player after that.

It would be fair enough if Vatuvei was replacing him, but Locke doesn't command the same sort of respect. And no, I don't think he's done enough to warrant automatic inclusion.

NZ Warrior

First Grade
wasnt that when Issac John got hurt ?

we had 2 playmakers, now we only have 1 in the halves

Whatchu talkin' 'bout, Willis???

Do you not consider Seymour to be a playmaker? His kicks have given Vatuvei try-scoring opportunities time and time again. And yes, I know the drill has been done ad nauseam, but Seymour's kicking has been pretty rock-solid.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
I think he had several games for the Vulcans there and was not overly impressive (according to those on here who went to watch)

i saw one of those games, he clearly had no interest in being there but (imo) would have collected the 3, 2 and 1 points for the vulcans in a bad loss.

Last edited:

NZ Warrior

First Grade
nope, he's a defensive demon though. Maloney is our playmaker with a little help from Hendo ???

So you don't consider his tactical kicking game to be playmaking???

I'm pretty sure he would have his fair share of Try Assists this year. I would also come up with the stats, if I could be arsed. But I can't, so you'll just have to take my word for it.

ozbash

Referee
so you'll just have to take my word for it.

never !!

So you don't consider his tactical kicking game to be playmaking???

no, its league, not union.

would have
could have
should have,,, if your aunty was your uncle....

We lost the plot (so to speak) when Issac John (a genuine playmaking halfback) got hurt.

hopefully, Maloney and Seymour can regain the momentum. If not, teams like Manly-Broncs will tear us new ones....

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Haha this is up there in some of the most ridiculous sh*t you've come up with....and trust me there has been a lot.

Martli

Coach
I'm going to agree with Oz there. I actually think we were playing a lot better with John at Halfback.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
I agree that John was playing alright, but people are blowing it out of proportional just because no one was expecting anything from him. Talking of playmaking since Seymour we have scored over 20 points every game and before that while John was there we had two wins where score 12 and 13 points and a win against the Roosters thanks to Locke.

Don't get me wrong John went pretty well but Seymour is the better options.

PS He has laid on more try assists than John.....and has a better kicking game. You could actually argue the worst part of his game is his defence with 34 missed tackles in 8 games which Ozbash rates as his best:crazy:

Meth

Staff member
As a rule, whatever Ozbash thinks, the opposite is likely to be true.

I think Seymour is the better option- I don't think he has been anywhere near his best since he returned most recently, but I think if we were going to have a decent crack at the finals, then Seymour is our 7

Meth

Staff member
At his best, Ozbash is like a dribbling, but entertaining old coot

At his worst, he is one notch ahead of Wheeled Warrior; two notches below your standard inanimate object