What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kevin 'What do we do with you' Naqaima

Yosh

Coach
Mate, you are wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too good to be playing reserve grade. What do we do with you?

Rod

Bench
Agreed, WAY too good for reserve grade. Some other teams would kill for him in their regular first grade team.

I won't go all OTT and say he should replace Uate but in terms of signing him after this year, surely he deserves to be starting at a club, whether it's us or not.

perverse

Referee
He's obviously a talent... We all know it, we just can't use him unless we have injuries or suspensions. He deserves to go to another team at the end of the year, I think he will, and I'll wish him all the best. It'll suck watching him carve up for another team, and there will be people in a few years that completely disregard the fact that we can't fit him in the team now and blame our coach or management for letting him leave (seen that one way too many times before), but we really can't fit him, and won't be able to afford to keep him.

Swarzey

Bench
This is why I would hate to be Wayne right now. On one hand, you've got Uate who on his best day tears the opposition a new one but when it's not his best, he's a liability. On the other, you have Kev who only plays in patches and it's in these patches that he plays brilliantly. If this year is Tahu's last, then Kev deserves the spot inside Jimmy over BJ and that's where I'd certainly place him because with Mullen and Tyrone as our halves, we have the potential to the absolute best attacking back line.

At least until Boyd returns to Brisbane with Wayne. Then I'd put him in fullback because I've got a feeling Gidley will retire at the end of his current contract.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
I would probably cry if we lost Kev. He is easily my favourite player to watch run in open space.

I'd definitely have him in the team above BJ (nothing against him). But id like to see Jimmy get a go at centre with Kev outside him. Jimmy just strikes me as a smart player, like Maddog was . He's not the biggest or the fastest, but he just seems to knows where to be and what to do.

Jono078

Referee
Wayne said in the press conference that he's talked to Kevin and told him he's an NRL player and needs to be playing NRL each week. Pretty much encouraging him to look for an NRL deal elsewhere and supporting that.

Wayne said in the press conference that he's talked to Kevin and told him he's an NRL player and needs to be playing NRL each week. Pretty much encouraging him to look for an NRL deal elsewhere and supporting that.

That sucks if true.

I would probably cry if we lost Kev. He is easily my favourite player to watch run in open space.

I'd definitely have him in the team above BJ (nothing against him). But id like to see Jimmy get a go at centre with Kev outside him. Jimmy just strikes me as a smart player, like Maddog was . He's not the biggest or the fastest, but he just seems to knows where to be and what to do.

Did you watch Joey Leilua play today? Not in a billion years would Jimmy play centre over him. Jimmy is a winger.

hugzy

Juniors
*sigh... he is one of the key reasons i started the "squad rotation" thread

but im happy he'll get a run during origin

One we may regret letting go but might also have an option to get him back in the future.
Very valuable as a backup but I agree he needs a regular spot.
He'll get more runs this year.

stuke

Bench
There was a reason why he only signed on for one more year. Once McManus and Uate signed back on then Kev's choices were basically made for him.

perverse

Referee
There was a reason why he only signed on for one more year. Once McManus and Uate signed back on then Kev's choices were basically made for him.
Yeah, good observation... very likely kept on in case McManus or Uate went elsewhere. He'll be playing NRL next year for sure, but Wayne wont let him go before June 30 for the same reason he signed him for another year this year - in case he needs him.

Misanthrope

Staff member
The way Uate had been playing of late, I wouldn't mind keeping Kev on at half the price...

Latest posts