What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

kewell out

Mad Dogg

Juniors
hybrid_tiger said:
OVP said:
Whilst i dont disagree with you in the slightest, i'd very much be interested in your opinion as to who our best player actually is these days.
Bresciano.
No doubt about it. Over the last 12 or 18 months he has really started to dominate when playing for Australia, moreso than Kewell has ever done.

Emerton had another good game yesterday, he's been impressive the last couple of times I've seen him play for Australia. And Elrich (sp) was once again class coming off the bench.

Mal Meninga

Bench
Mighty Tiger said:
Mal Meninga said:
He played tonight for a half. Was clearly too classy for the opposition, no real need to bring him back here.

Funny how people don't apologise for some of the things they have said about the bloke in this forum :roll:

There was no need for him to play and he did, scored a goal and was a mile ahead of the oposition - we won, we had it won before this game and not to mention he also is about to head into a stretch with his Club for a very important few weeks which he really does need to be fully fit (something numerous people who have seen him have said otherwise)

I just think people should lay off him abit, because its a joke that we treat him like Sh!t yet when he plays for us he gets respect or the silence treatment because those same people know they have egg on their faces!
What did I say about Kewell?

skeepe

Immortal
Elrich was superb, best on the field in my opinion. Thought that Milicic was very wasteful on a couple of occasions and should have backed himself to score rather than passing it. Each time he passed, we lost possession.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Funny how people don't apologise for some of the things they have said about the bloke in this forum

Why should we? His performance was pathetic. The only reason he came here was to promote his DVD and you know it.

There was no need for him to play and he did, scored a goal and was a mile ahead of the oposition

He should have played in the first leg and he should have played more than a half in the second. Anyway, we were heaps better when he came off - he wasn't even trying. A disgusting performance IMO. He was not a mile ahead of the opposition, besides his goal he did nothing expect whinge at the lineman and lose the ball.

we had it won before this game and not to mention he also is about to head into a stretch with his Club for a very important few weeks which he really does need to be fully fit (something numerous people who have seen him have said otherwise)

Obviously we know where his priorities lie. He has already said that it wouldn't bother him if he never played in a World Cup. Leave him for Liverpool then. His form for the past year or so has been pathetic anyway. Like I said earlier, we don't need him anymore.

I just think people should lay off him abit, because its a joke that we treat him like Sh!t yet when he plays for us he gets respect or the silence treatment because those same people know they have egg on their faces!

I don't have egg on my face. His performance was lethargic. He needs to have a look at Emerton, who ran up and down the field all night and chased every ball - even when we were 6-0 up. It's about pride in the jersey and obviously Kewell doesn't have any. He deserves to be treated like sh1t because he treats this country and it's fans like sh1t.

Bresciano is our best player at the moment and everyone knows it. If Kewell doesn't want to play then good - we don't need him.

Mighty Tiger

Bench
hybrid_tiger said:
Why should we? His performance was pathetic. The only reason he came here was to promote his DVD and you know it.

To be honest I think the only reason he played a game for us in the last week was because of the location of the Sydney match something which even himself has spoken about numerous amounts of times 6yrs is a bloody long time to play in your - and I do also think he was injured but hey you like others are medics and not cynics so I guess you know better than what the Austrlian doctors know don't you :roll:

hybrid_tiger said:
He should have played in the first leg and he should have played more than a half in the second. Anyway, we were heaps better when he came off - he wasn't even trying. A disgusting performance IMO. He was not a mile ahead of the opposition, besides his goal he did nothing expect whinge at the lineman and lose the ball.

He played a half of soccer, was it his fault for being replaced ???

Isn't that the coaches decision ???

Do you know who made the decision ????

If he was alloud to pull himself off at half time then the coach should be sacked!

But hey once again I guess your a Doctor and not a cynic :roll:

hybrid_tiger said:
Obviously we know where his priorities lie. He has already said that it wouldn't bother him if he never played in a World Cup. Leave him for Liverpool then. His form for the past year or so has been pathetic anyway. Like I said earlier, we don't need him anymore.

How do you know how other players feel about the world cup ??? Sure they could be praying everyday to get the chance to play in one but on the other hand they also could be feeling the same way about it as Harry does and move on - wait for another chance to make the world cup whilst not letting it dwell in the back of thier minds!

If Harry truly didn't think highly of the world cup why would he play for Australia at all then ???

If he is as unpatriotic as you and others make him out to be why then does he still pledge his alligence to Australia and not to another country ???

hybrid_tiger

Coach
To be honest I think the only reason he played a game for us in the last week was because of the location of the Sydney match something which even himself has spoken about numerous amounts of times 6yrs is a bloody long time to play in your - and I do also think he was injured but hey you like others are medics and not cynics so I guess you know better than what the Austrlian doctors know don't you

Oh sure he was injured. His injury will be all better when he turns out for Liverpool this weekend won't it? :roll:

Get your hand off it. The guy doesn't give a stuff.

He played a half of soccer, was it his fault for being replaced ???

Isn't that the coaches decision ???

Do you know who made the decision ????

If he was alloud to pull himself off at half time then the coach should be sacked!

But hey once again I guess your a Doctor and not a cynic

Farina took him off because Kewell had always planned to come off. Kewell thinks he is bigger than the team and if Frank was half a decent coach he would have stopped this sh1t years ago.

It was planned from the start and you know it. The only reason he came here was for the DVD - if not, he wouldn't have even turned up.

How do you know how other players feel about the world cup ??? Sure they could be praying everyday to get the chance to play in one but on the other hand they also could be feeling the same way about it as Harry does and move on - wait for another chance to make the world cup whilst not letting it dwell in the back of thier minds!

If Harry truly didn't think highly of the world cup why would he play for Australia at all then ???

If he is as unpatriotic as you and others make him out to be why then does he still pledge his alligence to Australia and not to another country ???

He said it, not me.

He plays for Australia because he has no choice. It's too late to play for England now. The fact is, he is a pr1ck and doesnt deserve to wear the green and gold.

It sh1ts me when people defend him, because they are obviously as stupid as him and his ar.s.ehole manager Mandic make us out to be. He did nothing in that first half and his performance was pathetic. Enough said.

OVP

Coach
hybrid_tiger said:
OVP said:
hybrid_tiger said:
The isn't even our best player anymore.

Whilst i dont disagree with you in the slightest, i'd very much be interested in your opinion as to who our best player actually is these days.

Care to share hybrid ? :)

Bresciano.

Interesting choice ... but i think Emerton is still the only player who gives his whole heart and soul while playing for his country EVERY SINGLE TIME.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
OVP said:
hybrid_tiger said:
OVP said:
hybrid_tiger said:
The isn't even our best player anymore.

Care to share hybrid ? :)

Bresciano.

Interesting choice ... but i think Emerton is still the only player who gives his whole heart and soul while playing for his country EVERY SINGLE TIME.

Emerton may give his heart, but Bresciano is clearly a better player.

Latest posts