What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kicking

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Hey, I don't know if anybody on here knows this, but I have real isue with tactical kicking.
I actually think, that without a good tactical kicker & goal kicker in your team, you may as well forfeit the season & save yourself 4.2 million dollars & do something decent with your weekends.
I am also a firm 5 year believer that one of the worst kickers in the NRL I have ever seen, is Brett Kimmorley.

How did he go last night, as I havent seen the game yet.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Terrible. He still has no distance. Nearly all his kicks were down the throat of Tupou or Hunt. If they weren't caught on the full they got there on the first bounce. Poor chasing didn't help and the returners had time to get momentum every time. The other issue is his penalty kicks for touch. He must know he has a short stab because he never goes for any distance. Seems to me he doesn't have the ability to read the defence and makes up his mind on what kick it'll be 2 or 3 tackles in advance.

Dykes was superior with his kicking. Varied his kicks well. Recovered a good chip and chase. Kicked into space and long making them turn around. Should be first choice kicker in play.

Foz

Bench
Below average game from Kimmorley.
Didnt kick as much as last year either.
Dykes did a lot of the kicking.
Not sure if it was planned or not but given we only completed 18/38 sets its a wonder we kicked at all.

imasharkie

Coach
Also Kimmorley's biggest kick in general play went out on the full and gifted Broncs 50mtrs.
I noticed also late in the first half we got a penalty inside our 20mtr and Dykes was going to take the penalty kick but got a call from the gnome who was on the other side of the field to wait as he wanted to kick it. Stinks of egoism from Kimcantkickorley.

The kicking was bad.

His kick for touch landing about 10 metres in field.

Then kicked out on full in general play.

We did not get one repeat set of six for trapping broncs in goal, actually Hunt only had to pick ball up once from in goal.

To compund this Covell's kick off to restart went dead on full penalty, we now have Simmons doing kickoffs

Covell's misses penalty from in front.

All in all, just you avaerage night for our kicking team, i wonder who the kicking coach is

Frenzy.

Post Whore
sydneysharkbrisbane68 said:
The kicking was bad.

We did not get one repeat set of six for trapping broncs in goal, actually Hunt only had to pick ball up once from in goal.

To compund this Covell's kick off to restart went dead on full penalty, we now have Simmons doing kickoffs

All in all, just you avaerage night for our kicking team, i wonder who the kicking coach is

Yes to all except the bold. It was Simmons that kicked out on the full.

chili pepper

Bench
Simmo was kicking left foot

Dykes obviously needs to most of the kicking in general play. Noddy was terrible.

Also his drop-kicks were woeful - barely went 30m on 2 occasions.

A decent kicking game would have got us home last night even with all of the drop ball

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Are you sure, im certain is was a left foot kickoff, which would have been Covell, we need someone to watch the replay

Um yes, I'm sure. What would make you think Covell is the only left footer? :lol:

Weird assumption

STEVE R

Juniors
Simmo actually kicked the ball quite well. It made me wonder why it's taken so long for him to get a go at it!

Noddy, well, he kicked like a donkey for half the game.

BWNB

First Grade
The kicking was bad.

Didnt he find that funny?

mr_sharks

Juniors
I'm pretty sure they have Simmo taking some kickoffs because he can kick them in an awkward way for the opposition to take....spinning and swerving in the air. He is right footed.
Covell kicked out on the full.

Jimako

Juniors
Mr Sharks, I was in the Burns stand mate on halfway, Simmo took all the kick offs dude. Which means HE kicked out on the full.

Jimako

Juniors
Mr Sharks, I was in the Burns stand mate on halfway, Simmo took all the kick offs dude. Which means HE kicked out on the full, & yes he is a lefty. I'd say he can kick cause he played soccer till he was 16 or so.

Latest posts