What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Killing time until kickoff

W.Smith

Juniors
This weekend past was horrid, as is the weekend before kickoff for me anyway most years these days. I was just having a look around here and in other teams forums and on a site i love called the Asylum and on radio yesty and last night and im getting a laugh out of seeing how xcited people are getting for the season kickoff - i love it !

So apart from work and reading the SMH, Telecrap, Illawarra Mercury, RLR, Big League and website previews how are you killing time until kickoff

Over the weekend i watched a couple of Saints games from last year and even pulled out the STG V NQ 2000 WIN stadium game as well as watching Wests v Manly MNF from 2009 and today i watched Wigan v Bradford that i taped while i was at work last night and also watched a few teams Summertime league shows again that ive recorded over the past few weeks on Fox and am now off to kill some more time at Gym

I am busting for Friday to get here !!!

I'm planning my engagement party that I'm having on Sat avo. My girlfriend (fiance') wanted it on Fri night, but i set her straight pretty quick.

Doug2234

First Grade
Yeah struggling through weekends atm..

Daniel good on the engagement - congrats buddy and all the best for you and your future wifey....and good to see u setting her straight early on..

W.Smith

Juniors
watched Saints v Canterbury @ SCG 1993 and then Saints v Easts @ SFS kickoff 1994 game tonight

petetheileet

First Grade
spent about 800 bux setting up my homebrew to pass the time!!!

i will have it finished for friday night

carbonating as we speak

my first batch of bottles has now had a month or so to mature

its kept me pretty occupied during the long wait til friday

Been homebrewing for 18mths,best thing i've ever done.Will crack 10-15 Friday night,depending on how match developes and my nerves hold out.

Yeah struggling through weekends atm..

Daniel good on the engagement - congrats buddy and all the best for you and your future wifey....and good to see u setting her straight early on..

Thanks Doug.

It will be a great weekend - Dragons game on Friday night; then the Engagement party on sat avo; then most likely going to the bunnies v roosters game with my cousin who is flying down from QLD for the party (he's a roosters supporter unfortunately); then the return of F1 racing on Sunday night! BRING ON THE WEEKEND!!

BigNormProvan

Juniors
I've been supporting Saints for a few seasons now, like an old pro I'm just biding my time till kickoff. Mind, it's hard to get 'fired-up' in N/W Victoria with no supporters of the game about and no media coverage, except for a few paragraphs dedicated to the sewage team in Melbourne.

Teams should be out today, yes??

Big Norm

big pat

Coach
I've been supporting Saints for a few seasons now, like an old pro I'm just biding my time till kickoff. Mind, it's hard to get 'fired-up' in N/W Victoria with no supporters of the game about and no media coverage, except for a few paragraphs dedicated to the sewage team in Melbourne.

Teams should be out today, yes??

Big Norm

hi big norm, it must be awful down there in vb land, thank god for the forum,or should i say willow, anyway i guess once the teams are announced, it will be the start of a ne season, let the games begin.

BigNormProvan

Juniors
hi big norm, it must be awful down there in vb land

More so probably Carlton Draught, Big Pat:).

Some what off topic, going on the strange places you see St. George fans. I was watching a World Series cricket classic on Fox this arvo, they had the Windies V. Australia at the MCG. In '89. The game where Steve Waugh takes that ripper catch near the sightscreen with Merv Hughes lurking nearby, Boonie and Dean Jones drop some utter dollys as well:shock:. During a snap to the crowd after a Windies wicket there's a bloke waving a flag proudly in his Red V:crazy:, certainly caught my attention:D.

Big Norm

jargan83

Coach
Lucky bastards the lot of you!! :lol:

I have to put my head in the sand until 9pm Friday (Western time) night to watch the game on Foxsports

Big Norm I feel your pain living in Perth but most of my friends are all Leaguies or don't care which Rugby code is on so Friday night will be good!

Can't wait!

Latest posts