What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Killjoys

thedux

Juniors
Not only did I hear this from some moronic caller on 2SM the other night but now I've just read the same thing in the Big League;
Two references to the fact some of the boys were carrying it in one hand and tossing it like a tennis ball. Graham Hughes even agreed.....pleeeaase!!!

We just lapped one of the form sides showing enterprise and flair and people are still nit-picking. SBW does it and he gets rapped, Feleti does it and he's warned by "experts" that it will come back and bite him.

f**k em. We don't have Robots in our team anymore. Brian Smith is gone and we have players that play their natural style.

Gronk

Staff member
Hindy was quoted during the week saying that Feleti needs to tuck it under and learn when to bring it out.

Did anywone see Willy Tonga the week b4 last ? In the clear holding it one handed and the ball hit his thigh.......

caylo

Bench
Gronk said:
Hindy was quoted during the week saying that Feleti needs to tuck it under and learn when to bring it out.

Did anywone see Willy Tonga the week b4 last ? In the clear holding it one handed and the ball hit his thigh.......

Yer the magic child willie tonga (you know the one dogs supporters bagged us for letting go) has become a bit geniused, dropping alot of ball this year. After 20 years of age you brain size start to decrease by up to 10%, is thought of as the cause of Aylmer's disease. Mabey he forgot how to catch/hold a ball. Mabey he forgot were he was and dropped it, who knows. I carry the ball one handed, i play the Ball one handed, very similar to how Mateo does. It isn't dangerous to hold the ball like that, Hindu was talking about holding the ball instead of trying to pass. Mateo method of holding the ball adds to his game, put doubts in the mind of defenders etc. He has grown up holding the ball like that, i wouldn't change him. Growth, Burt there are a few players who have the ability to hold it one handed... Let it go IMO.

Bigfella

Coach
Eric Grothe, David Solomona, David Vaeliki, Andrew Ryan ...

All players who I have seen regularly play under Brian Smith and hold the ball one handed with a view to offloading.

In fact, I'm pretty sure that in 2001 this was discussed as a skill that the entire squad had worked at using.

caylo said:
Yer the magic child willie tonga (you know the one dogs supporters bagged us for letting go) has become a bit geniused, dropping alot of ball this year. After 20 years of age you brain size start to decrease by up to 10%, is thought of as the cause of Aylmer's disease. Mabey he forgot how to catch/hold a ball. Mabey he forgot were he was and dropped it, who knows. I carry the ball one handed, i play the Ball one handed, very similar to how Mateo does. It isn't dangerous to hold the ball like that, Hindu was talking about holding the ball instead of trying to pass. Mateo method of holding the ball adds to his game, put doubts in the mind of defenders etc. He has grown up holding the ball like that, i wouldn't change him. Growth, Burt there are a few players who have the ability to hold it one handed... Let it go IMO.

Tonga - At Least he's one a PREMIERSHIP.

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
caylo said:
Yer the magic child willie tonga (you know the one dogs supporters bagged us for letting go) has become a bit geniused, dropping alot of ball this year. After 20 years of age you brain size start to decrease by up to 10%, is thought of as the cause of Aylmer's disease. Mabey he forgot how to catch/hold a ball. Mabey he forgot were he was and dropped it, who knows.

thats a bit nasty dude....

i personally would like Feleti and Burty to hold the ball with two hands! just so i don't have heart attacks!

V1er

Juniors
Tonga hasn’t done much at all since the dogs won the grand final, Injuries have hurt him and he’s not the same player he was back then. I don’t mind them holding onto the ball one handed, puts the defense in two minds.

carson

Juniors
I think some of these ex-players have forgotten that we no longer play with those greasy leather balls anymore. (no pun intended)

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I read Big League and thought WTF, we just put 38 points on the Tiger's and thats what they write about :crazy:

caylo

Bench
JessEel said:
thats a bit nasty dude....

what can i say, I'm vindictive. I can just enjoy the fact that we have 3 better centres then the Dogs superstar Willie Tonga.

Inu>>>>> Tonga.

I'm almost gald he has left, admittedly It's fun at the doggies expense, but i probably shouldn't say that sort of stuff, not very nice . I'll hold my tongue next time for the ladies ;-)

tollgateadzy

Juniors
you have to play to the conditions & not get ahead of yourself. sometimes the one handers & forced offloads eg GURU can come back to bite you on the bum !

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
caylo said:
what can i say, I'm vindictive. I can just enjoy the fact that we have 3 better centres then the Dogs superstar Willie Tonga.

Inu>>>>> Tonga.

I'm almost gald he has left, admittedly It's fun at the doggies expense, but i probably shouldn't say that sort of stuff, not very nice . I'll hold my tongue next time for the ladies ;-)

no no no, don't get me wrong, im not saying you can't be happy he's left, or not like him, it was just the...
Yer the magic child willie tonga (you know the one dogs supporters bagged us for letting go) has become a bit geniused, dropping alot of ball this year.

...seemed a little much ;-)

i agree with you to an extent - INU :arrow: Tonga. But i think Willie would have been a different player without those injuries, they seemed to really hurt his confidence, and he was a player who thrived on confidence IMO.

Utey

Coach
We should all stop talking if we can't give our opinions.

Thats one thing we don't want, to become premiership favourites after one night of football. Being under the radar pays.