What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kimmorley in train-on Test Squad

Do You Think He Deserved This Spot?

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • DEFINATELY NOT!

• Yes

• Undecided

• Total voters

Big Tim

First Grade
I have seen enough to know that he is not as good as he could be. He has no direction in attack. I dont know wether that is him or the attacking style of Anderson. But I tell you this, if Aus uses that flat style we will be lucky to beat Cessnock U/12's.

I think that he will not make the squad, so why not use a young guy like Firman? Firman could do with the experience, cos he will be a future international.

Encurly

Juniors
Kimmorley deserves to be in the train on squad - he's played well for Aus in the past, and has been pretty good when he's been on the field this year. Whether he makes the tour is another thing - depends a bit on which way the selectors jump with five-eighth as well.

On Firman, I believe he has to go in for surgery, otherwise he probably would've been in the train-on squad.

Big Tim

First Grade
The 5/8 has to be Timmins doesnt it? He was brilliant for NSW, if not go with Presto and Gower at halves. Its always tough to pick an Aus side and no matter what they do there will always be a "bad" choice.

Okay, I have a big opinion on this issue and I intend to voice it loudly OK.

WARNING: Kimmorley supporters may be offended by comments.

Okay, the question was does Kimmorley deserve to be in the team. Obviously not to begin with because Andrew Johns was the top choice, and now that he is unavailable they fall back onto Kimmorley who they have fallen back onto many a time, which is why the selected him, he's done it before. But has anyone noticed that Kimmorley is playing nowhere near the best football of his career, or is it just me who noticed that detail.
I really truly believe that Kimmorley does no work for a team, and whilst I still think Australia will win because of the strength of the rest of the team, I don't believe Kimmorley will do anything to help, unlike Andrew Johns who probably would've doubled the point differene by the end of the game.

Just my opinion, make your own if you want, but its just my thoughts.

Matt23

Staff member
Kimmorley only has about 2 good games a season (against us) His form has been ordinary, he's not even in the top players in that postion, If it was'nt for Ando would he even get a look in?

Anonymous

Juniors
knightsgal85 said:
I'm quite surprised with John Skandalis's selection in the train-on squad (I'm not sure if anyone holds the same view), as for some reason I was expecting Brett Kimmorley to be named (he has been playing reasonably well).

John Skandalis is a shock tome too, he is a fodder front rower really. he isnt Test quality.

Brett Kimmorley is a seasoned campaigner, he knows how Chris wants to play, so in that respect yes i can understand that. But for god sake, if he goes then at the expense of who? As far as i am concerned, there are 3 blokes in front of him.

Train on squads are notorious for being ignored, especially after the hype of the final series. I bet he will go but.

Now.....If Ben Anderson was named then i would have to blow up. Talk about useless.

Matt23 said:
Kimmorley only has about 2 good games a season (against us) His form has been ordinary, he's not even in the top players in that postion, If it was'nt for Ando would he even get a look in?

So true, oh so true... :lol:

princess plj

Juniors
this bites........i swear! whats the deal with that........i mean the guy has not had the best season this yr, injured and all and ok its a training squad but still there are far better (ok maybe i am biased as i don't like him) and more deserving players to make the squad at halfback such as gower, sherwin......come on....

chris anderson favours him yes, but he should take off the rose coloured glasses and realise that there are far better players uot there then his beloved brett.

Aussie_Knight

Juniors
plj said:
this bites........i swear! whats the deal with that........i mean the guy has not had the best season this yr, injured and all and ok its a training squad but still there are far better (ok maybe i am biased as i don't like him) and more deserving players to make the squad at halfback such as gower, sherwin......come on....

chris anderson favours him yes, but he should take off the rose coloured glasses and realise that there are far better players uot there then his beloved brett.

Its a train on squad the other players from the teams in the finals will be added once their teams are knocked out of the running.

So Kimmorley hasn't made the team yet - IMO he is only there because of his experience at international level

Matt23

Staff member
If that fraud is the starting half back, I'll be cheering for GB! he might be a Newcastle junior, but i still dont like him...but i'm sure where not the only one's that dont rate, i'm sure Storm fans and Eagles fans dont rate him either.

cheerleader_chick said:
Matt23 said:

So true, oh so true... :lol:

It's usually an idea to have some idea of what you're on about before you start posting.

Kimmorley has been in good individual form this year. However, you can create all you like as a halfback if the players around you have all gone down with a case of dropsies. The number of bombed tries I've had to watch this year is depressing.

The selectors always set store by experience, which, with Joey gone, puts Kimmorley in the box seat. How many players have you seen t hat are great NRL players but can't make the step up to rep level? Now you can make a case for Gower, Orford, Sherwin and McLinden - they all played well but don't have that international experience. Any one of the five could be selected, and chances are that any of the five would do well.

But the train on squad is to keep your possible players at match fitness once their teams are out of the finals. What's to say that one or more of the other four won't get injured during the finals? The stupid thing would be to not put Kimmorley in the train on squad.

Latest posts