What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kimmorley out of origin?

sublimeshark

Juniors
A bit earlier heard on Grandstand rugby league saying that they had heard the new halves would be Anasta and Barrett? Not sure how official this is..

wittyfan

Referee
Gus Gould said on the Footy Show there would likely be changes for Game 2 on the bench and in the halves. So I'd say Kimmorley is gorrrrn.

Ausguy

Coach
Gunnamatta said:
Well Gould should know!
yeah he is the coach after all!!

if BK is dropped i hope NSW lose by 30, i will (for some reason) be going for QLD to smash rickys blues if BK is dropped!

Jono Russell

Bench
hey ausguy i have said the same to all my mates, if they drop brett i think that is low. i meen a guy of his stature deserves a second chance. and if John's or barret get it i will be praying for a flogging by qld.

b_shark

Juniors
I hate to say it because I am not anti Noddy and I think what he adds to the club is bloody fantastic, and I am sick of the comparisons to Johns and the lack of respect that Noddy gets from the media - but if I wasn't a Sharks fan and had seen the last two games I would have to say that he hasn't done enough to retain his spot.

MightySharks

Bench
b_shark said:
I hate to say it because I am not anti Noddy and I think what he adds to the club is bloody fantastic, and I am sick of the comparisons to Johns and the lack of respect that Noddy gets from the media - but if I wasn't a Sharks fan and had seen the last two games I would have to say that he hasn't done enough to retain his spot.

Have to agree with that. Do you think there is any chance he will be charged with a grade 1 carless high tackle?If he does I hope thet select him for origin that will be his one match suspension and he can play for the sharks against the tigers.

wittyfan

Referee
I find the push for Johns from some in the media to be ridiculous considering he's only played 5 games this year and was average in each of them. Fitness is also a massive issue with him. Also, while Kimmorley has been ordinary himself of late, he wasn't helped in Game 1 by a cream puff pack of forwards. It seems to me that since Kimmorley isn't a golden boy of the media he's been made a convenient scapegoat.

The inference I got from the Footy Show was that Anasta and Barrett will be the halves for Game 2, with Johns to be drafted in for Game 3. I suppose we'll shall wait and see.....

b_shark

Juniors
MightySharks said:
Have to agree with that. Do you think there is any chance he will be charged with a grade 1 carless high tackle?If he does I hope thet select him for origin that will be his one match suspension and he can play for the sharks against the tigers.

I don't think there was anything in the tackle - doubt that he would get charged

b_shark

Juniors
sullyfan said:
I find the push for Johns from some in the media to be ridiculous considering he's only played 5 games this year and was average in each of them. Fitness is also a massive issue with him. Also, while Kimmorley has been ordinary himself of late, he wasn't helped in Game 1 by a cream puff pack of forwards. It seems to me that since Kimmorley isn't a golden boy of the media he's been made a convenient scapegoat.

The inference I got from the Footy Show was that Anasta and Barrett will be the halves for Game 2, with Johns to be drafted in for Game 3. I suppose we'll shall wait and see.....

Johns might do a Sonny Bill and get injured first game back. I thought last year that the media push to keep Johns in league was OTT - whilst there may be a bit of luck involved in injuries it was a massive gamble that hasn't paid off - and maybe if they had a bit nore money to spare for other players they might have won one game

imasharkie

Coach
Fatty said the same on the footy show. Barrett and Anasta in. I wonder if the NRL had some influence in the decision as they could've given Anasta a commitment in those dealings, something like you sign with us and we'll get you in the SOO 2 game . Anyway I went for QLD in SOO 1 because of the Stuart/Gooster connection and now with this new fiasco I can have no connection to the Blues.

Last week read article in courier mail by Trevor Gilmeister, usually flick through this as is normally seen as just maroon, but he made great comment re Noddy, he said if he was in qld team, they would not have been calling for hios head straight after match instead getting around him and supporting him, different way to look at it

Generalzod

Immortal
Personally I don't give a rats a about state of origin.....
Give me a Cronulla premiership anyday....

AeroShark

Juniors
If he did get charged why would the NSW selectors select him????

Jimbo

Immortal
AeroShark said:
If he did get charged why would the NSW selectors select him????

Besides, the Tigers game is before SOO 3. So that would have to be the game he would miss.

MightySharks

Bench
SOO is picked at 11.am.Charge sheet comes out after 12.pm.So if he is picked in SOO then cited a couple of hours later what happens?

Craigshark

First Grade
Its all hypothetical, i really don't think there was anything in the tackle, that was he shouldn't be charged.. IF he is charged, and selected for NSW, he would miss both the Tigers game and the Origin, as he was selected for NSW and that way was unable to play for Cronulla anyway.. I think i may be right, but i could also be wrong, because that doesn't sound fair..

Latest posts