What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kimmorley

MKEB...

Staff member
Kimmorley is one of, if not the worse commentators I have ever heard.

When he makes a statement, he says it in the tone of someone asking a question. Combined with the whiny voice, it sounds like he's pleading the other commentators to agree with him.

It couldn't be more obvious who he's going for in each game.

And the stammering stuttering. Oh, the stammering stuttering. T-T-T-T-Today junior!

I must interject, Daryl Halligan is well-worse because he is, well...worse. Sounds like a drunk pashing a lamppost. But I digress. A lot of the reason people hate Kimmorley is because Noddy is a Enid Blyton character that never threw an intercepted pass.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Owen Craigie? He said he had more natural talent than anyone he'd seen. But as the saying goes, hard work beats talent when talent fails to work hard. Craigie was lazy and never worked on his game instead relying on his natural talent. He chubbed out and ended up being a punchline.

Wasn't it Leo Dynevor?

POPEYE

Coach
Kimmorley is one of, if not the worse commentators I have ever heard.

When he makes a statement, he says it in the tone of someone asking a question. Combined with the whiny voice, it sounds like he's pleading the other commentators to agree with him.

It couldn't be more obvious who he's going for in each game.

And the stammering stuttering. Oh, the stammering stuttering. T-T-T-T-Today junior!

That sums it up nicely, the bloke was a great player of his time, unfortunately he can't replicate his glory days on the field off the field . . . then again he's no worse stating the obvious than either of the Johns bros

Izz

Bench
175px-Brett_Kimmorley.jpg

beejay001

Juniors
I don't like him because Ricky Stuart doesn't like him.
I trust Ricky's judgement on things like this.

typicalfan

Coach
Truth is Brett Kimmorley worked in and with an attacking style alongside Chris Anderson firstly at the Storm, then the Sharks.

It worked well for the Storm and Kimmorley was considered one of the best halves in the game, moved to the Sharks and it worked well for a year but then teams worked out the attacking style from that point. I felt neither Anderson or Kimmorley could adapt more so Anderson.

Kimmorley from that point went from a Johns rival to being a fair way in the rearview mirror. I can't think of anyone who actually thought he was ever superior to Johns only merely good enough to be retained in rep sides but Johns still found a way to in the side and more influential even as a bench hooker.

In my opinion having to adapt ones game is paramount to being an elite player. Johns, Lockyer, Fittler, Daley all did it. Inglis, Slater, Smith and Thurston have all done it. Kimmorley couldn't do this to remain an elite player, although he always remained good enough at club level.

gUt

Coach
I didn't mind him as a player. That flat style of Andersons never really worked that well without Kimmorley there to implement it. As a commentator he's pretty forgettable but not the worst