What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kiwis hit-out against Samoa in doubt

RLIF

Juniors
THE Kiwis' pre-World Cup hit-out against Samoa in October is set to be scrapped.

The game was supposed to be a warm-up ahead of league's showpiece event.

Initial talks were promising but it appears red tape has stalled negotiations.

And Sunday News last night learnt Tonga are being lined up as replacements.

"There are still too many loose ends to pin down before we can confirm anything," NZRL boss Peter Cordtz told Sunday News.
"The game we originally scheduled between the Kiwis and Samoa is my biggest headache right now.

"If it doesn't happen, I guess we need to look at what we are going to do before the World Cup."

The proposed All Golds clash with the New Zealand Maori two weeks out from the World Cup is expected to continue as planned.

But with Kiwis coach Stephen Kearney desperate for his side to have a run before the World Cup, fingers are crossed a deal can be struck with the Tongans.

It would be a mouthwatering clash with the likes of Feleti Mateo, Fetuli Talanoa and Manase Manuokafoa going up against their Kiwis rivals.

The Sunday News-sponsored Kiwis open their World Cup with a game against the Kangaroos on October 26 while the Tongans are set to lock horns with Ireland a day later.

Well Samoa were jumping up and down saying they want to play the big boys and now they have a chance to start something against the Kiwis and now they look like pulling out??

IMO Kiwis vs Tonga will be a better opition as they are more "real" then Samoa. It would get better press than Kiwis vs Kiwis rejects.

roughyedspud

Coach
how do you know it's samoa's fault?

given the ability of the NZRL to f**k up just about everything they touch i'm guessing they did'nt given samoa a decent deal? maybe samoa value their product more than the NZRL do?

RLIF

Juniors
how do you know it's samoa's fault?

given the ability of the NZRL to f**k up just about everything they touch i'm guessing they did'nt given samoa a decent deal? maybe samoa value their product more than the NZRL do?

LOL you are kidding right?

roughyedspud

Coach
nope...

the NZRL could'nt organize a pi$$ up in a brewery...they probably offered samoa a couple of cookies & a glass of milk :lol:

deluded pom?

Coach
:lol: so true....
were still better than england though... :lol:

Good to see you left the apostrophe out of "we're" making it the past tense of was. Remind me again what score the last Test series was? Oh yeah. It was THREE ZIP. :D:D:D

screeny

Bench
When will Kiwis admit to the truth that England, when not coached by a schmuck like Noble, are a better side than NZ. We have more to us than NZ, although of course both teams are evenly matched and both could beat Australia too.

Burrow was on fire yesterday and I agree that Pryce is the best 6 in the world at the moment, and nobody messes with our forwards.

Our only area of deficiency is creativity and the taking of chances through our 3/4s and FB, none of whom are as deadly as Australia's group.

roughyedspud

Coach
gleesons looked as good as anyone in the past few weeks..but then again he always does this,looks like a world beater for 4 or 5 games then he'll disappear for months at a time..

as for lacking creativity...i honestly would'nt swap burrow & pryce for anyone atm..i think pryce is leading the league in offloads and burrow can spot the smallest gap and be gone..plus all the team are now hitting gaps because everyone is offloading,as we saw against france,even the slightiest chance of an offload and theres 3 or 4 england lads ready for it..at one point gareth ellis attracted 5 tacklers,3 on him and 2 covering the offload which left them short on defenders in the line which gleeson then exploited to score...

so i don't think we have a problem being creative...

anyway,less of that, this is about the NZRL being sh!te :lol:

screeny

Bench
gleesons looked as good as anyone in the past few weeks..but then again he always does this,looks like a world beater for 4 or 5 games then he'll disappear for months at a time..

as for lacking creativity...i honestly would'nt swap burrow & pryce for anyone atm..i think pryce is leading the league in offloads and burrow can spot the smallest gap and be gone..plus all the team are now hitting gaps because everyone is offloading,as we saw against france,even the slightiest chance of an offload and theres 3 or 4 england lads ready for it..at one point gareth ellis attracted 5 tacklers,3 on him and 2 covering the offload which left them short on defenders in the line which gleeson then exploited to score...

so i don't think we have a problem being creative...

anyway,less of that, this is about the NZRL being sh!te :lol:

I said lacking creativity in the 3/4s and from FB. I agree we have zero problem with creativity in the halves, but my fear is that the opportunities opened up by the likes of Pryce and Burrow, whether individually or working in tandem in an orthodox 6-7 role, will not be finished off by slow-coaches like Wellens, who has no X-factor like the Aussie FBs or Webb, bad decision-making from people like Senior, who has blown quite a few try-chances for GB, and a general lack of out and out speed/understanding of the game on the wings.

Hopefully Gleeson is on song coz, yeah, he's as creative as any centre out there on his day and can turn a two-on-two into a two-on-one with his footwork and passing game.

shiznit

Coach
Good to see you left the apostrophe out of "we're" making it the past tense of was. Remind me again what score the last Test series was? Oh yeah. It was THREE ZIP. :D:D:D
ahhh you didnt seem to notice that i put down ENGLAND...

we lost 3 ZIP to GB & Ireland.

sure its clutching at straws but you do what you have to....

shiznit

Coach
When will Kiwis admit to the truth that England, when not coached by a schmuck like Noble, are a better side than NZ. We have more to us than NZ, although of course both teams are evenly matched and both could beat Australia too.

Burrow was on fire yesterday and I agree that Pryce is the best 6 in the world at the moment, and nobody messes with our forwards.

Our only area of deficiency is creativity and the taking of chances through our 3/4s and FB, none of whom are as deadly as Australia's group.
you think Noble is bad.... at least hes a fulltime coach... try having Gary Kemble as your coach... whos only experience coaching is a mid table team in a amateur competition.

you know what makes England RL really sad... you seem really proud that youve got one up on NZ... England a country of 50 million people which has 11 and soon to be 13 pro clubs have got on top of NZ a country of 4 million people with 1 pro club.

the fact that you havent won a series outside of Europe for well over 15 years shows how poor you really are... we compete with you and we dont even have a 1/4 of the resources you do... :lol:

but go ahead... be proud of your 2nd place... we all know you have no chance of getting past australia...

screeny

Bench
you think Noble is bad.... at least hes a fulltime coach... try having Gary Kemble as your coach... whos only experience coaching is a mid table team in a amateur competition.

you know what makes England RL really sad... you seem really proud that youve got one up on NZ... England a country of 50 million people which has 11 and soon to be 13 pro clubs have got on top of NZ a country of 4 million people with 1 pro club.

the fact that you havent won a series outside of Europe for well over 15 years shows how poor you really are... we compete with you and we dont even have a 1/4 of the resources you do... :lol:

but go ahead... be proud of your 2nd place... we all know you have no chance of getting past australia...
i shall not be drawn into an attack on NZRL. I love NZ RL, if not the NZRL. Any of the three big teams can win it, but I think at this stage if anyone's going to do Australia it'll be us, if we can get over the mental barrier of actually beating Australia.

Perth Red

Post Whore
You would think they would have organised this a long time ago? It's only a few weeks away and they still don't know who they are going to play! Int RL is just so amateur compared to other sports.

deluded pom?

Coach
ahhh you didnt seem to notice that i put down ENGLAND...

we lost 3 ZIP to GB & Ireland.

sure its clutching at straws but you do what you have to....

Oops I forgot about all of the Irishmen, Welshmen and Scots that were making up the bulk of the GB & I team. :sarcasm:

Drzoidberg

Juniors
Good to see you left the apostrophe out of "we're" making it the past tense of was. Remind me again what score the last Test series was? Oh yeah. It was THREE ZIP.

Huh?? against england?? wasnt it a test series against great britain? made up of 4 nations not just England, four nations and still no tri-nations trophy. Can't wait to see how you guys go in WC down here would be interesting:D:D:D:D (1 smile for each nation claiming great britain is there national team) haha

RLIF

Juniors
Please....listen to all these Pommy fans...i cant wait till GB or England come to NZ for three Test matches...

Then we will see how good they are really...

roughyedspud

Coach
Huh?? against england?? wasnt it a test series against great britain? made up of 4 nations not just England, four nations and still no tri-nations trophy. Can't wait to see how you guys go in WC down here would be interesting:D:D:D:D (1 smile for each nation claiming great britain is there national team) haha

GB might be made up of 4 nations....but every single member of the GB squad is,was and for a bloody long time yet...are ENGLISH!

and RLIF, i'd love for england to go to NZ for a 3 game tour....but while the game in NZ is run by a bunch of halfwits it's never going to happen...

shiznit

Coach
GB might be made up of 4 nations....but every single member of the GB squad is,was and for a bloody long time yet...are ENGLISH!

and RLIF, i'd love for england to go to NZ for a 3 game tour....but while the game in NZ is run by a bunch of halfwits it's never going to happen...
no thats not true... it wont happen because youll end up getting spanked by us like every other time we play you down here... when was the last time you beat us down here fluffydud??

roughyedspud

Coach
no thats not true... it wont happen because youll end up getting spanked by us like every other time we play you down here... when was the last time you beat us down here fluffydud??

ready for a history lesson dip$h!t?

the last 3 "proper" tours to NZ in 1990,1992 (2 games) & 1996 we won 1 series (90) drew the short series in 1992 and lost the 1996 series.. i make that a draw..also GB should have won the 1st 2006 tri nations game and would have if it was'nt for a bent ref.. and i would'nt pay too much attention to that 1996 tour, british players had just come off a world cup,back to back season, when we switched to summer from winter, and then go on a tour down under.....christ even the moaris beat us :lol:

between 1996 - 2000 yep NZ where cleary better...well done..

we can flip that if you want? since 2001 we've played 13 games against eac other ,NZ have only won 4 games against, GB winning 8, and 1 draw..

now for a team that is supposedly 2nd in the world surely you should have a winning record against the 3rd ranked team?? yes?? also our win percentage against australia over the same period is better than NZ's....

but somehow we are,were 3rd.....:lol:

Drzoidberg

Juniors
The last test series against GB was alot closer than you think yeah we got thrashed in the second test but lost the 1st and 3rd by only 6 points. Which is pretty good for a team who lost all their exprienced internationals either to Samoa or Retirment plus were coached by a nobody (who the players felt werent up to there standards as professionals). Also had some of our stars "apparently" needing surgery and had to deal with that rape claim before going to GB and coming off a record loss to Aussie. And the record of 8 GB wins 1 draw and 4 Kiwi wins, 2 of those 13 were in NZ 11 were in GB, 1 was a mid-year test with GB based players (not full strength) so that was a gimme (teams preform better in front of home crowds not to mention other side of the world). And for the record against Oz they take you way lighter than us cause they know you guys Suck!!!!!

Latest posts