What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

kiwi's no chance

Fast Eddie said:
Oh no I don't have a problem with critscising the Kiwis to an extent, I don't agree with some of the selections myself. But if you are going to bag them out then I hardly think you can come in here and get into some guy who is just saying pretty similar things. Sure, I know he is trying to 'bait' people but I would thought you wouldn't even dignify this guy with a response.

Meh, I guess I just don't like seeing 'kiwis' going on about how Australia is going to run over the top off us and smash us. Might turn out to be the case.....guess I can look forward to a few "I told you so" posts.

That and Skinner just pisses me off:lol:

Nobody is bagging them out - well im certainly not - i just feel due to injuries, suspensions and strange selections we won't have anything near our top 17 out there, and for that reason alone I dont believe they'll win.

In my opinion we will compete for 65 minutes with the aussies, but the scoreline will blow out near the end.

It doesnt make me any less of a kiwis supporter.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Latest home tests against Australia without Stacey

2003- won (halves- Leuluai/Vagana/Faumuina :crazy:)
2004- drew (halves- Leuluai/Anderson :crazy:)

Latest home tests against Australia with Stacey

2002- lost
2005- lost
2006- lost

hmmmmmm

Revelation 3:20

Juniors
Martli said:
Mixmaster's right dude. I think your love for the kiwis is hindering your ability to come to an objectional conclusion. Fair weather fans are the last thing you'll find on this forum, we're just obviously a bit less optimistic than yourself.

I agree with Fast Eddie, Im NOT a fair weather fan, im on this forum, and i dont watch league and support the kiwis with an objectional conclusion.

Im optimistic about the kiwis, when have the kiwis ever looked the better side then Aussie.....like hardly ever, yet we still support them.
So it is the same in this case.
If you dont believe, whats the point of watching the game, to see how stink they play.

Juniors
Mixmasterreece said:
Nobody is bagging them out - well im certainly not - i just feel due to injuries, suspensions and strange selections we won't have anything near our top 17 out there, and for that reason alone I dont believe they'll win.

In my opinion we will compete for 65 minutes with the aussies, but the scoreline will blow out near the end.

It doesnt make me any less of a kiwis supporter.

It must of hurt coming up with that conclusion

Juniors
Im not being rude.
But the the trend in a Kiwis v Aussies, they contest for 60min and then get whipped.
it an easy conclusion to come to.

Revelation 3:20 said:
Im not being rude.
But the the trend in a Kiwis v Aussies, they contest for 60min and then get whipped.
it an easy conclusion to come to.

No kidding.

And I don't think this will be any different. Our squad feeds off unity, morale, the culture etc. We rarely do well in one off tests or at the start of a series, especially when the squad has been split in two for much of their training time.

I expect we will do well in the UK.

Martli

Coach
I agree with Fast Eddie, Im a fair weather fan, im on this forum, and i dont watch league and support the kiwis with an objectional conclusion.

I don't think you know what a fair weather fan is...

Im optimistic about the kiwis, when have the kiwis ever looked the better side then Aussie.....like hardly ever, yet we still support them.
So it is the same in this case.

And like fast eddie you're also confusing bagging out the team with not feeling confident about the team.

When I said there aren't any fair weather fans here, I meant that there aren't any fans who are just there for the highs. We're all die-hard leaguies here; none of us want to see the kiwis fail. Where we differ is that you guys think with your heart and the rest of us think with our heads. I bet you that most of the forumers on here want nothing more than to smash this Aussie side into 1,000,000 pieces, we just don't think it's a probable outcome.

If you dont believe, whats the point of watching the game, to see how stink they play.

What a load of bullsh*t. I'll watch the game because I love my country and I love rugby league. That sort of behaviour is for the fair weather fans, which like I said, none of us are. Just because we love our national side doesn't mean we have to make our predictions based on our emotions--it's called reality, wake the f**k up to it.

Juniors
Martli said:
I don't think you know what a fair weather fan is...

And like fast eddie you're also confusing bagging out the team with not feeling confident about the team.

When I said there aren't any fair weather fans here, I meant that there aren't any fans who are just there for the highs. We're all die-hard leaguies here; none of us want to see the kiwis fail. Where we differ is that you guys think with your heart and the rest of us think with our heads. I bet you that most of the forumers on here want nothing more than to smash this Aussie side into 1,000,000 pieces, we just don't think it's a probable outcome.

What a load of bullsh*t. I'll watch the game because I love my country and I love rugby league. That sort of behaviour is for the fair weather fans, which like I said, none of us are. Just because we love our national side doesn't mean we have to make our predictions based on our emotions--it's called reality, wake the f**k up to it.

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooh, you got me on the fair weather comment, that was a typo, i missed out NOT. but i dont agree with your last statement i wasnt saying "based on emotion" because was cant trust emotion, i just mean in regards to saying cliche and saying things that are plain to see like "it's a probable outcome"
We already know that!

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooh, you got me on the fair weather comment, that was a typo, i missed out NOT. but i dont agree with your last statement i wasnt saying "based on emotion" because was cant trust emotion, i just mean in regards to saying cliche and saying things that plain to see like "it's a probable outcome"
We already know that!

So in conclusion; we aren't allowed to voice our opinion if it's the more likely outcome? You can only post if your stating the least likely outcome?

Got cha. Right, let me have a go at this :

The kiwis will beat Aussie by 60 and Covell will score 8 tries. The South Pole, coached by Santa, will win next years world cup with a Polar Bear scoring the most trys during the tournament. Also the knights will get over Canberra in next year's Grand Final which will be reffed by Carl Hayman. And last but not least, the Easter Bunny will hop over to Mt Smart and sh*t out 50 gold eggs - which the NRL will let slide under the salary cap - and with the spoils we will buy lockyer, inglis, gasnier and Dally Messenger.

I feel much better now

Martli

Coach
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooh, you got me on the fair weather comment, that was a typo, i missed out NOT. but i dont agree with your last statement i wasnt saying "based on emotion" because was cant trust emotion, i just mean in regards to saying cliche and saying things that are plain to see like "it's a probable outcome"
We already know that!
So we're not allowed to have to have a negative opinion because it's a cliche? And " Just Believe" isn't?

Edit: Damn, mixmaster's was a lot more colourful than that :lol:

Martli said:
So we're not allowed to have to have a negative opinion because it's a cliche? And " Just Believe" isn't?

Its the quick and the dead around here my friend ;)

Juniors
Martli said:

Hey i didnt say you couldnt have a negative opinion, doesnt change the fact that they are cliche, And i didnt say "Just Believe"

All im saying is the kiwis can win its not done a dusted, like this thread "kiwi's no chance" says. Like the kiwis shouldnt have whip Aussie by 24-0 but they did, there are other times we shouldnt have won. there are player in this team who can win games, and if we keep to the game plan, tight defence, plenty of off loads, and creativity.
I Believe, objectivly we can win, plus its fun!

Juniors
Mixmasterreece said:
So in conclusion; we aren't allowed to voice our opinion if it's the more likely outcome? You can only post if your stating the least likely outcome?

Got cha. Right, let me have a go at this :

The kiwis will beat Aussie by 60 and Covell will score 8 tries. The South Pole, coached by Santa, will win next years world cup with a Polar Bear scoring the most trys during the tournament. Also the knights will get over Canberra in next year's Grand Final which will be reffed by Carl Hayman. And last but not least, the Easter Bunny will hop over to Mt Smart and sh*t out 50 gold eggs - which the NRL will let slide under the salary cap - and with the spoils we will buy lockyer, inglis, gasnier and Dally Messenger.

I feel much better now

Ha Ha Ha
You guys a funny, i bet the ladies love your sense of humour
(Its not what im saying at all)
you can say what ever you want, i just think is a bit blah....like ohhh the kiwis a gonna get hammered.....thanks for that chief, i'll right that tip down

Martli

Coach
I agree with Fast Eddie
Who said:

Fast Eddie said:
Isn't it slightly rich that some of you(eg Skinner) are ripping into him for saying that we have no chance when you are saying the exactly same thing?
Which was the original comment we were replying to.

You then say:
Hey i didnt say you couldnt have a negative opinion, doesnt change the fact that they are cliche, And i didnt say "Just Believe"

All im saying is the kiwis can win its not done a dusted, like this thread "kiwi's no chance" says. Like the kiwis shouldnt have whip Aussie by 24-0 but they did, there are other times we shouldnt have won. there are player in this team who can win games, and if we keep to the game plan, tight defence, plenty of off loads, and creativity.
I Believe, objectivly we can win, plus its fun!
So you agree with Fast Eddie, who doesn't want us to "bag out" the kiwis but you're not trying to tell us not to have a negative opinion. Nice, way to choose a viewpoint and stick with it.

Then you pull out this one:
Ha Ha Ha
You guys a funny, i bet the ladies love your sense of humour
(Its not what im saying at all)
you can say what ever you want, i just think is a bit blah....like ohhh the kiwis a gonna get hammered.....thanks for that chief, i'll right that tip down

Cool, so now you're trying to attack style and masculinity? If you can't hang with the big boys then don't even bother; this sort of reply gets you no where.

I hope the Kiwis' defence is a lot tighter than yours.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Actually, the "realism" of some around here is bordering on negativity

Kiwis v Aussies IN NEW ZEALAND is generally pretty close to a 50/50 call and almost always a close game for the full 80 minutes

Skram

Juniors
Mixmasterreece said:
The South Pole, coached by Santa, will win next years world cup with a Polar Bear scoring the most trys during the tournament.

Claus or Wiki? I don't think Father Christmas has the tactical nous to coach a winning team, Ruben's wife on the other hand could work.

Skinner

Coach
Well.....thanks Hal. Woulda been a dull day in forum land without your post :lol: :lol: