What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kiwis Team vs England

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Nightingale deserves his spot. He is one of the most underrated players in the NRL.

Yes I know, Nightingale is a great player, I remember watching him in the weeks leading up to the 08 ANZAC test and he is a nuggety little player. Im a huge fan. Im also a huge fan of Sam Perrett who I would love to see tried at centre at club level.

Springs

First Grade
i watched luke play limited time for 2 years buddy.. 1st year it made sense, 2nd year it was for safety... now he has evolved... comprende?

Evolved?
Hoe about this, Fien, Leuluai and Luke are all too good to leave out of the side. Fien and Leuluai are both 2010 premiership winners and Luke was obviously deemed by the World Cup winning coach that he has the greater impact off the bench. I would say that Luke will play most of the game anyway. I know you have your favourites, as do I, but this has worked before.

NGR

Juniors
Evolved?
Hoe about this, Fien, Leuluai and Luke are all too good to leave out of the side. Fien and Leuluai are both 2010 premiership winners and Luke was obviously deemed by the World Cup winning coach that he has the greater impact off the bench. I would say that Luke will play most of the game anyway. I know you have your favourites, as do I, but this has worked before.
It has also failed before in the same setting...

At the end of the day, this move is akin to Australia starting ben hornby at hooker and having cameron smith come on for "impact"...

as for fien and leuluai, neither of them would make the Aussie side net alone the aussie squad, but luke would...

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Is it no surprise that the only people that have a huge problem with the selection is Rabbitohs supporters?

kuwaiti kev

Juniors
It has also failed before in the same setting...

At the end of the day, this move is akin to Australia starting ben hornby at hooker and having cameron smith come on for "impact"...

as for fien and leuluai, neither of them would make the Aussie side net alone the aussie squad, but luke would...

It's nothing like that at all. Cameron Smith isn't a dynamic player like Luke is. Smith directs a team around the paddock, he's the kind of guy you want on the field for 80.

Would Luke really make the side ahead of Cameron Smith? I don't think so simply because Smith is such an important player with his general play kicking (and goal kicking) somthing Luke can't do.

NGR

Juniors
It's nothing like that at all. Cameron Smith isn't a dynamic player like Luke is. Smith directs a team around the paddock, he's the kind of guy you want on the field for 80.

Would Luke really make the side ahead of Cameron Smith? I don't think so simply because Smith is such an important player with his general play kicking (and goal kicking) somthing Luke can't do.
No one will take Cam Smiths hooker role from him unless he is injured. Luke would easily make the aussie side as a utility player...

Luke is a dynamic player, but like i have said previously, he has now evolved as a guy who directs his forwards where he wants them.. And he does have a decent kicking game on him, its just that souths are poorly coached and rely on two of the worst kickers in the NRL (suttons bomb is good though).. And Luke is a part time goal kicker too come to think about...

There was a game this year when luke was forced to take the halfback role for a part, and when he did, they immiedatly put on points through luke and looked more dangerous... So he has the ability to guide a team around a park and create chances through means other than him taking on the line...

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Haha really? Just because it doesn't allow you to call me out on not seeing Luke play? I have seen Luke play plenty this season.

Izz

Bench
I'm picking Luke to play close to 60 mins, with Leuluai and Fein to share minutes as well. I'm happy with Luke coming off the bench. He'll tear the tiring Pom forward pack to pieces.

Overall i like the look of the side. Wouldn't surprise me if Eastwood makes the transition to prop in the next season or two anyway.

I'd expect a larger forward pack against the Aussies.

Meth

Staff member
Not sure about Eastwood at prop or Manu on the bench

Should be a good game

NGR

Juniors
Haha really? Just because it doesn't allow you to call me out on not seeing Luke play? I have seen Luke play plenty this season.

yeah really, BS...

If you had watched him play every game this season you wouldnt be talking sh1t like you are...

Springs

First Grade
yeah really, BS...

If you had watched him play every game this season you wouldnt be talking sh1t like you are...

Haha. Because he disagrees with you it obviously means that he hasn't watched Luke play.

Johnny_L_O

Juniors
Don't worry about Eastwood at prop. He played there for the back end of last season for us when we lost Peacock and Luke Burgess. Made at least 1 long range break a game it seemed and got man of the match in our qualifying semi win over eventual winners Wigan. His size suits him for prop IMO and IIRC that's where the Dogz played him 2 seasons ago.

ghoti

Bench
Jesus christ hat trick, you're dribbling all over that Isaac induced erection of yours. The guy's a good player but there's no need to defend him with such incredibly over-the-top rants. Wow.