What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

kiwis to do parra a favour

sorry if this has been brought up already

kiwis are going to name fuifuimoimoi in the tri nations squad so there will be five to six weeks rubbed off his suspension.

they are doing this so he only misses like 3 matches next year and therefore more chance to shine before the anzac test.

strider

Post Whore
yay for the kiwis.

and lets be honest - he was playing really well and deserved it

Parra Guru

Coach
It would be good. His suspension is a joke.

Hopefully the trial games will rub a few off aswell!

Hurriflatch

Referee
I guess we'll find out

Would be very good tho

Fui's already served 2 weeks of the suspension
+ the 5 weeks for the Tri Nations
+ 2 trial games

means Fui can play in round 1

strider

Post Whore
Suitman said:
Can they actually do that??

I mean, picking him when you know he can't play?

Suity

I'm sure the NRL would keep such loopholes for the likes of their glamour boys to use incase they slip through the judiciary obstacles and get a week off

Redback71

First Grade
fui fui riped off we were they did not want us to win so they did everything possible to stop us just like in 2002 on wards

Eelementary

Post Whore
douglasallen91 said:
sorry if this has been brought up already

kiwis are going to name fuifuimoimoi in the tri nations squad so there will be five to six weeks rubbed off his suspension.

they are doing this so he only misses like 3 matches next year and therefore more chance to shine before the anzac test.

Are you serious?

That's so awesome!

Although I would have loved to have seen Fui Fui playing for New Zealand - he deserves it.

Physique said:
Who actually said that the Kiwis were going to pick Fui?

nzrl boss sel pearson

some lines in the article.
  • kiwi league officials have picked a scrap with the nrl by selecting fuifui moimoi for the tri series despite a nine week suspension.
  • Instead nzrl boss sel pearson said the move was to highlight inconsistencies with the judiciary, and to allow moimoi to be available for the 2006 nrl kickoff.
  • pearson quote "as far as i am concerned if the selectors want him, they can have him. how many times have you seen a player put out in the nrl and he can't play a test match? too many." "i'm going to get (coach) brian mcclennan to name fuifui moimoi in his new zealand team. So that is two aussie games, two pommy games, a french gameand if we make the tri-series final that is six games." (their is an english game scheduled too).
  • pearson quote "i can tell you parramatta were excited when i said i was going to name him." "the nrl do it to us all the time, don't they? they can't not do it in reverse."
  • pearson "if THEY want to use rep games towards a suspension, then why can't I?".
article was written in the sunday news by neil reid (is not on the website yet)

strider

Post Whore
The NRL will surely make a 12th hour rule change to close the loophole for fui .... and king of all dimwits Woods will make some lame rulingbased on nothing but what he actually wants to happen - cos they wanted fui gone for a while and they've stopped at nothing so far.