What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kiwis Train-on squad

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
1. Sam Perrett / Brent Webb
2. Kris Inu
3. Steve Matai
4. Paul Whatuira
5. Taniela Tuiaki
6. Ben Roberts \ Rangi Chase
7. Thomas Leulauai \ Jeremy Smith
8. Roy Asotasi
9. Dene Halatau
10. Sam Rapira
11. Frank Pritchard
12. Jeremy Smith
13. Greg Eastwood

14. Fuifui Moimoi
15. Bronson Harrison
16. Adam Blair
17. David Faiumu

18. Issac Luke
19. Ben Teo

Because of the youth/inexperience of the halves - I've went for Whatuira in the centres (not a great season) but proved himself over the years. Also a combination with teammate tuiaki.

Halatau - can handle defensive workload for opening 20 and keep it simple on offense.

not fussed with halves would like to see Chase get a go but as long as he is on tour i'l be happy.

A massive forward pack - but still a blend of styles. (im picking j.cayless will make it to the final.
Would pick Smith ahead of Mannering or Hape - big workload and plays really hard.
If going for a quick 13 - drop eastwood from 17 as he wont offer much impact of the bench.

Blair and Harrison have got a good mix of size, skill and are established NRL players. Both have been on form for their clubs coming off the bench this year.

blain

Juniors
solomona was left out, where as hape and topou got in. just reckon we dont need him, which i disagre. he is the man, ive seen him in sl, and he can play 6 as well as 11. we are short in second rowers also.

SilverSteeler

Juniors
Taniwha said:
Going on NRL stats, Lima's only made 5 handling errors all season and i'm sure he's played almost every game. The metres he makes are phenomenal - gotta be the most improved prop in the game. Tigers, otahuhu and mangere east junior yea, 25 y/o i think. My workmate played with him. If the Kiwi's wanna start beating the Ozzies we gotta pick a team on form. Who better than Lima and Moimoi?

That's bull**it! He announced in the sheds after the game his eligability to the Kiwis, i just think the Ozzies are insulted he chose us over them, hence the article.

Anyone know much about this guy? Recently signed a contract with the Sharks.

Pomipi comes from Dargaville and played in the Northland Under 18s that recently beat the Auckland Under 18s.

http://www.northernadvocate.co.nz/localsport/storydisplay.cfm?storyID=3747452&thesection=localsport&thesubsection=

Taniwha

Juniors
Cheers Steeler, had already read that was looking for personal opinions but thanks all the same.

SilverSteeler

Juniors
No worries, yeah I haven't seen him play but he seems like a good prospect. We need some depth in the halves at international level so I hope he can perform.

mean

Juniors
I'd rate Henry over Pomipi. Henry is polished whereas Pomipi is talented but maybe not as composed or has the game smarts.

SilverSteeler

Juniors
mean said:
I'd rate Henry over Pomipi. Henry is polished whereas Pomipi is talented but maybe not as composed or has the game smarts.

I think Pomipi has only just switched from Union to League, correct me if I'm wrong?

blain

Juniors
it should be good in a few weeks, on test day they show the junior kiwis vs junior kangaroos. cant wait for that one.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Under 18's lost 40-20....was pretty close until the last 10. Mose Masoe got 3 tries. The Aussies have a couple of Kiwis in their team anyway.....

shinobi

Juniors
I went to the Sydney Maori League tournament today there was quite a few premier league and fringe first graders running around. Lee Te Maari was on fire smashing anything that came his way.

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
shinobi said:
I went to the Sydney Maori League tournament today there was quite a few premier league and fringe first graders running around. Lee Te Maari was on fire smashing anything that came his way.

Yeah Lee Te Maari - should have at least been in the train-on squad. I would of had him there before Vinnie and Louis Anderson. He was one of the doggies best in the middle of the season.

I hope none of the maoris in the train-on squad didnt throw on their boots.

Also should be a few kiwis playing in Flegg finals and Reserve Grade final.

I think that Weller Hauraki of Parramatta will be a kiwi in the next two years. Should take over Ian Hindmarsh's spot next year.

shinobi

Juniors
ozbash said:
did you get any pics shinobi ?

I got the program with all the teams around somewhere can scan it in.

My sister had the camera she filmed them doing their hakas but missed the best/worst part. Norths and Wests were doing their Haka face to face on the halfway line and ended up in a fight! A golden youtube moment lost!

I didnt realise Greg Eastwood was maori. Well his brother was playing in one of the teams.

* Couldnt be bothered hooking up the scanner ill just type it out:

Easts

1 Donovan Nepia
2 Stephen Forbes / Manly
3 Chris Tuatara / Asquith
4 Anthony Kiro / Asquith
5 Leroy Houston /
6 James Puhipuhi / Asquith
7 Joe Pakekura / Narrabrai
8 Nathan Mckay / Asquith
9 Tepei Pakekura / Wellington
10 Eddie Leuluai / Asquith
11 Steve Bristow / Seven Hills JBC (Jim Beam Cup)
12 Albert Tuara / Cabramatta JBC
13 Shane Eastwood / Asquith JBC
14 Tommy Gemell / Narrabrai
15 Conan Ferguson / Cronulla
16 Greg Kerris / Souths PL (premier league)
17 Mike Munday / Souths A
18 Adrian Dixon / Souths A
19 Jason Waters / Souths A
20 Murray Luke / Souths A
21 Lance Tautari / Souths A
22 Duran Solomona / Souths A

Norths

1 Richie Retimata / Norths PL
2 Chance Bunce / Wests PL
3 Warren Dickson / Narraweena
4 Troy Savage / Newtown PL
5 Piripi Ranga / Erina Eagles
6 Charlie Herekotukutuku / Mounties JBC
7 Johnathon Taverner Erina Eagles
8 James Tamou / Roosters Flegg
9/ Brad Clark / Seven Hills JBC
10 Desai Gupwell / Asquith JBC
11 Reihana Peters / Forrestville
12 Zeb Tawha / Roosters Flegg
13 Wayne Barnett / Rockhampton
14 Hayden Karena / Erina JBC
15 Steve Waters / Asquith JBC
16 Kena Ahipene / Naraweena
17 Karl Johnson / Newcastle PL
18 Todd Thocolich / Melbourne Storm

Wests

1 Astor Waetford / Wenty
2 Dom Brunetta / Wenty
3 Ron Lavendar / Hills
4 Emerson Tawhara / St Clair
5 Pap / St Clair
6 Todd Eriha / Wenty
7 Reihana Muru / Mt Pritchard
8 Casey Ellis / St George
9 Potatau Berryman / Narraweena
10 Richard Houia / St Clair
11 Willy Mclean / Wenty
12 Richard Ngawini / Wenty
13 Steve Berryman / Narraweena
14 Jack Mezzalina / St Clair
15 Waru Mete / Greystanes
16 Taka Peneha / Wenty
17 Blair Price / Erina
18 Joseph Ngawini / Blacktown City
19 Harry Berryman / Manly
20 Pona Jack / Manly
21 Jermaine Awahou / St Clair
22 Delaney Wetere / Manly

Souths (Te Tonga)

1 Sharlon Taki / Sydney Bulls
2 David Te Huia / Bulldogs
3 Bryson Goodwin / Cronulla Sharks
4 Tim Winitana / Bulldogs
5 Pure Mason / Bulldogs
6 Marvin Karawana / Newcastle Knights
7 Billy Ngawini / Bulldogs
8 Ricky Thorby / St George Dragons
9 Lewis Brown / Tigers
10 Tamati Nathan / Bulldogs
11 Kurt Pouhotaua / Sharks
12 Lee Te Maari / Bulldogs
13 Jon Te Reo / Brisbane Broncos
14 Shaun Ngawini / Wenty
15 Joseph Cahill / Roosters
16 Tevita Nui / Titans
17 Clinton Stowers / Asquith
18 Barney Soloman / Tuggeragong
19 Leonard Ropeta / Sharks
20 Robbie Henare / Raiders
21 Weldon Wilson / Sharks
22 Fred Morunga / Titans
23 Judah Wikeepa / Sharks
24 Bronx Goodwin / Canberra Raiders

On paper with the amount of players with NRL experience Souths shouldve won but ended up getting smashed in the final by Norths.

mean

Juniors
So that's where all our players are playing. Sort of makes the Maori Nationals over here somewhat understrength.

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
shinobi said:
I got the program with all the teams around somewhere can scan it in.

My sister had the camera she filmed them doing their hakas but missed the best/worst part. Norths and Wests were doing their Haka face to face on the halfway line and ended up in a fight! A golden youtube moment lost!

I didnt realise Greg Eastwood was maori. Well his brother was playing in one of the teams.

quote]

yeah the eastwood are white maori's. Think there mum is from down the line.
Their from manurewa aka "the ghetto".

man some good players playing - betcha some of the boys in the train on squad were eager to jump on.

Good to see canberra goodwin bro's playing - tehir older bro played for maoris a while back - though he was average.
Not bad players - Their Ted goodwins sons arent they -
even though he is born and raised in aussie - good to see him put his hands up - purely for representation as opposed to making money etc.

Latest posts