What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

KK and Mateo

mickdo

Coach
If that's the case, what's the difference in concept with Mateo replacing Wright?

Why not have Latimore in.

He nearly didn't play against the Sharks and Dogs IIRC. Has had an injury for a while.

Mateo would come in and Joe or Hindy would take on Fui's role I suspect

lingard

Coach
Wright is definatly playing prop during the game and if replaced him with Mateo we would disturb the structure alot more.

Mateo will prob come in off the bench after a week in wenty and would play similar minutes to Benny, then the week after I can see him starting in the backrow and playing aabout 60min at lock (similar to what Lowrie is doing now).

KK will be much the same IMO, prob start from the bench (after a week in wenty) and replace Robson after about 30min (similar to how Kinga would replace MK after about 30min) and allow MK to play the 80min. If KK is not being productive or MK needs a rest Robson can just come back on.

That would be the best way to deal with the situation without changing too much structure. Also the current game plan of looking for second phase play would suit KK more than Robson game (KK is a very good supporting halfback) and allows Mortimer to go what he does best on the edges. This will also allow Hayne to play as a hole runner and not worry too much about the creative duties, he could chime in as a second 5-8 as he sees fit.

That sounds pretty good. Don`t be surprised, though, if we take a few weeks to click again without Robson at half for the whole game - he is a very good link man between the forwards and the backs. Also, if he`s not there for the whole game, someone will have to take up the slack in defense - he pulls off a lot of important defensive plays. Maybe K.K. could replace his brother after 30 minutes, and Robson go to hooker.

caylo

Bench
If that's the case, what's the difference in concept with Mateo replacing Wright?

Why not have Latimore in.

zero... and i wouldnt suggest doing it, but if it ment hindy played in the front row and mateo in the back row i wouldnt mind.

yy_cheng

Coach
zero... and i wouldnt suggest doing it, but if it ment hindy played in the front row and mateo in the back row i wouldnt mind.

That's why I said earlier that when Mateo does become fit, Mateo should replace Brod on the bench.

yy_cheng

Coach
will mateo play prop then?

No.

Caylo and Mannah to start.

Wright for Mannah after 20mins

30mins Mateo for Caylo.

That means Mateo on for 10 mins in 1st Half and starts 2nd half.

2nd Half.
Caylo back on for Wright

Mannah for JoeyG.

and so on

Latest posts