What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knights 2021/22 Off-Season

Woosh

Head Moderator
33y/o in march, not a long term future, pass

Of course he’s not a long term option but if the club is looking for a like for like replacement then Widdop is suitable replacement than say a Corey Norman.

Woosh

Head Moderator
Better than Norman is a pretty low bar.
Who are the other experience halves on the market?
Unless the club got a gun back rower lined up, I don’t see an issue with signing a pro in Widdop short term.
Even if the plan is to use the Hodgson at the back, he ain’t going to play all 25 rounds.

For those saying NO.. who you going to sign then?

Jono078

Referee
I've always liked Widdop but I think I would rather take a chance with what we have (unless we can sign a younger half) than a stop-gap solution.

EDIT: The good news is we can now compete for a top tier player and not necessarily a half.

We might have some negotiation wars with the Dolphins over the next 12 months!

Woosh

Head Moderator
Can’t have both Clune and Clifford together in the halves, both too similar of players.
They can kick the ball in the corners and play field position but they aren’t a threat with ball in hand.

Jono078

Referee
A Clifford/Clune combo doesn't excite me, but I think that's a bit Harsh on Clifford.

He's capable and I expect his game to go to another level again next year.

Jono078

Referee
They all look like they can still go and be instant upgrades in their respective positions.

Apey

Staff member
Edit: just noticed it was already posted.

3 of my favourite players... and Kurt Gidley.

Joke, we'd all kill for someone with his passion for the club in the starting 17.

Last edited:

Knight Tales

Juniors
I've always liked Widdop but I think I would rather take a chance with what we have (unless we can sign a younger half) than a stop-gap solution.

EDIT: The good news is we can now compete for a top tier player and not necessarily a half.

We might have some negotiation wars with the Dolphins over the next 12 months!
the club won’t get into a war over KP’s deal. It will be be either he wants to be here or we will see you later. Andre will have a big say. He has given every indication KP is going nowhere. As good as that is for us I often wonder if it is actually counterproductive to KP’s career ever reaching where it needs to go. Not saying he can’t do that here but it appears the comfort zone of the money we are giving him is the problem we may have made for ourselves.

Latest posts