What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knights blast refs after Bronco defeat

S.R.

Juniors
Knights blast refs after Bronco defeat

FOR the second straight week, a coach has blasted the standard of refereeing for costing a victory on the road.

Seven days after Canterbury coach Kevin Moore took a pot- shot at video referee Chris Ward, Newcastle mentor Rick Stone took aim at the whistleblowers, saying his Knights "weren't going to win tonight as far as the refs were concerned".

Stone had a real gripe with a five-minute passage of play in the second half when the Knights trailed 12-6 and crossed the tryline three times without scoring.

Joel Edwards was held up over the line, Adam MacDougall was deemed to have knocked on while Richie Fa'aoso latched on to what was called a forward pass from Kurt Gidley.

"That forward pass, they [officials] will go back and have a look at and they'll [realise] it was a fair pass," Stone said.
"We had a couple of decisions go against us back to back, there was probably three in a row. I thought at least one of them should have been given the nod.

"At that time I reckon [we were coming to get them]. We defended our line strongly, we got the ball back down their end and when we had a couple of decisions go against us in that five-to-10-minute period, I thought the Broncos did look a bit wobbly."

At one stage the Knights trailed 6-1 in the penalty count, and while the margin ended up 8-6 in favour of Brisbane, Stone said the damage had already been done.

Captain Kurt Gidley said there was nothing wrong with the pass to Fa'aoso, who planted the ball under the sticks in a move that would have levelled the score.

"I thought it was fine, of course I'm going to say that, but you get a fair indication of whether the ball went forward or not, I was going sideways when I threw it, at times it looks forward, but it was fine," the skipper said.
"They're the breaks in the game, and we needed one of those to go our way. We were coming home strong and if we got the green light on one of those decisions, the momentum would have shifted more."
The Edwards and MacDougall efforts were sent upstairs to Ward - the man in the firing line last week for a dubious obstruction call during the Bulldogs-Storm clash - who sent the first decision back to Phil Haines, then denied the "Mad Dog".

While Stone will today seek clarification from referees bosses Stuart Raper and Bill Harrigan, there was no denying another brilliant second-half defensive display by Brisbane, even though there was a touch of luck.
For the fifth straight week, the Broncos failed to concede a point. Broncos coach Anthony Griffin was delighted, but was sure the record would soon come to an end.http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/game?matchid=NRL20110508

S.R.

Juniors
Who do we play next week?
Oh that's right, the Knights.

Watch the Pinkines come out and hand them the game this week. It'll be a penalty-a-thon when the Knights Nannas get cranky and start swearing.

gUt

Coach
That pass was as forward as. Clearly. Obviously. They did one in the next set that was exactly the same, that they got away with. The Broncos deserved all of their first half penalties and only stopped getting them when the refs decided to square the count up. What a load of bollocks.

How can he even mention the other two disallowed tries? One was a clear knock on, the other was held up? Where's the beef? We had two disallowed tries that were much more grey areas than that, and in fact I thought Lockyer's was a fair touchdown but I can understand why they didn't give it.

gUt

Coach
The line is what I was using to judge it mate. The commentators called it live and so did I. No replays changed my mind. It was forward.

carcharias

Immortal
was it more or equal to the forwardness of the pass that went to that fat tinkler type bloke in Manly on Sat night?

KKW

Juniors
was it more or equal to the forwardness of the pass that went to that fat tinkler type bloke in Manly on Sat night?

Yeah the fat tinkler type blokes pass was forward for sure. Hopefully dessy has a big whinge to the refs this week so it doesn't happen again.LMFAO.

Pass to George Rose was forward.

Pass to Richie Fa'aoso was forward.

We got screwed and the Bronco's were looked after.

Funny that.

carcharias

Immortal
Yeah the fat tinkler type blokes pass was forward for sure. Hopefully dessy has a big whinge to the refs this week so it doesn't happen again.LMFAO.

Dessy was good after the game.
Gracious and even gave our team a wrap.

Usually he cries like a little bitch no matter what the outcome is.

Inferno

Coach
Gracious and even gave our team a wrap.

Usually he cries like a little bitch no matter what the outcome is.

If I had coached the winning side and won after the siren I'd probably be feeling pretty jovial as well.

The Popper

Bench
Gracious and even gave our team a wrap. Usually he cries like a little bitch no matter what the outcome is.

I'd say Dessy had feeling of guilt and embarrasment. He's no mug. He knew Cronulla was rorted by the pink #%$#&'s and probably felt embarrassed about it.

Quigs

Immortal
If we only had enough money in our kitty to do running repairs I would of got Phlennough to rip the door off.

DJShaksta

First Grade
Knights were fined $10,000 for what Stone said.
Flanno was very diplomatic with his words..........................

Latest posts