What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knights clearer on MacDougall's future than Mad Dog

bluesbreaker

Bench
He always plays good against the Rabbits. We've got a powerful looking young centre in Sau to cover for him next year though. Time is up for Doogs.

BG

Juniors
Doogs has been great in probably all but one game that he has actually made it onto the field for us this year. Unfotunately you couldn't be confident of a higher number of games out of him in any future season.

Unless of course he was to find a miracle cure for his chronic sprained toenail and paintball allergy.:roll:

keeney

First Grade
Sau is fantastic, has never looked out of his depth since debuting. Beyond that, he has legitimately starred in a few games. And to think, this was a player held out of FG by Sucklia. Sau is a defeinite centre for next year, but Doogs has shown that while he is an injury prone sook, his class is undeniable when he decides to play.

BG

Juniors
And to think, this was a player held out of FG by Sucklia.

I have a suspicion that Sau was knocking on the door of NRL selection from the off-season. There was a lengthy pre-season interview with Smith talking him up big time. Then we heard of some severe defensive issues that got shown up in the trial against the Sharks. I'd speculate that Sau was given some stuff to work on regarding his D and maybe some other technical stuff and then once the coaching staff were satisfied, he was given his opportunity--and he sure has grabbed it.

BG

Juniors
Found the article about Sau from the off-season.

"Johnny Sattler's thighs and Reg Gasnier's pace"... recall thinking at the time that it was a fair rap for a guy yet to debut in NRL, even if it was said partly tongue-in-cheek.

Edit: can't get the link to work... has there been an edict not to link to other forums?

Last edited:

2black2strong

Juniors
I have a suspicion that Sau was knocking on the door of NRL selection from the off-season. There was a lengthy pre-season interview with Smith talking him up big time. Then we heard of some severe defensive issues that got shown up in the trial against the Sharks. I'd speculate that Sau was given some stuff to work on regarding his D and maybe some other technical stuff and then once the coaching staff were satisfied, he was given his opportunity--and he sure has grabbed it.

Sau made 18th man for the Raiders NRL squad about 6 times since 2006. He's been knocking on that door for a few years now.

Yosh

Coach
Isnt this what we should expect from Doogs? Around contract time he starts playing to his potential and soon as he signs he'll just return to 3 games a year Doogs?