What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knights Jersey Flegg Grand Final Team

Stagger eel

Staff member
Swampy said:
Time will tell I suppose.eelavation will Rip Taylor inherit a strong PL team?Or are you prepared to say that he could do the same job as Jason Taylor and develop players into a strong team.I suppose it raises another question.Do you consider that Parramatta hasn't lost anything in as far as coaching ability goes for the Parramatta club.Also who would you prefer?

well just answering you're first question, Rip will actually have a less experianced and younger side at his disposal due the amount of players leaving the club, I guess the introduction of the Gold Coast team has affected our club as it probably has with other clubs in terms of their overall talent pool at the second tier level.

Due to the buying methods of Smithy in the last couple of years where he's concentrated more on depth than talent which i believed has more and less stifled the development of some players coming through the ranks as they haven't been able to get past seasoned reserve graders like Henry Perenara, Adam Peek, Matt Peterson etc..but also meant that JT himself inherited a star studded line up last year which got them over the line.

You'll find that our PL side tomorrow coached by Craig Culnane has a vastly different side to last years due to injuries and the promotion to first grade of a number players, so I actually think this is a greater feat by our pl side if we infact manage to get up today.

our season was thrown into turmoil in all three grades this year when Smithy did the "Harold Holt" and Peter Sharp got up and left while JT stepped up to first grade did a great job the Coaching staff below him had less to work with which made things interesting for a while.

therefore to answer your secomd question the stability and the talent of the coaching staff coming in next year imo will be welcome boost to a club that virtually operated out of a smell from an oily rag at the end of the day.

Swampy

Juniors
Ok then eelavation it looks like you are having an each way bet here.

On the one hand you are expecting big things but on the other if that doesn't transpire you've already trotted out the excuses.

Your oily rag comment means there should be no excuses as Parra have the resources.

In your opinion what would satisfy you as a succesful 2007?

Stagger eel

Staff member
Swampy said:
Ok then eelavation it looks like you are having an each way bet here.

On the one hand you are expecting big things but on the other if that doesn't transpire you've already trotted out the excuses.

Your oily rag comment means there should be no excuses as Parra have the resources.

In your opinion what would satisfy you as a succesful 2007?

I guess the "each way" bet as you call it is due to the uncertanty of the situation due to the Gold Coast and the money that Souths have thrown around some of the marquee players that were available in the open market.

As I've said before the talent pool within the club is not as extensive as it had been in previous years infact up until Friday just gone I was very concenred about our depth in the outside backs and than I found out we made a couple of handy signings in that area but still if you go past the first layer of talent there's not much first grade experiance.

I believe we'll have a decent season but it will be a re building phaze for all three grades but to answer your question I'd be very dissapointed if we don't make the 8 in all three grades.

yep! your right though we have arguebly the best resources in the comp at the club and only our club can prepare side a containing a couple SG Ball and Jersey Flegg players as well as a bunch of park footballers to a grand final...win or lose it'll be a magnificant achievement.

Alex28

Coach
I thought Rip Taylor had another 2 years with the Knights and wasn't going anywhere?

EDIT - Or am I thinking of Rick Stone...

Schillaci

Juniors
I'd feel ripped off. Being Minor Premiers and controlling most of the Grand Final only to come up with NOTHING!

Latest posts