What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knights Land Gagai

newyboy

Juniors
I think the CLUB should not take any recruitment advice from Johns. By recruitment, i mean Johns giving anyone any kind of praise or endorsement should be taken with a grain of salt.

Spot On

Coach
I don’t want to jinx anything but…

Gagai has only missed 10 tackles in 5 games and he his putting his body on the line using decent technique to stop ball carriers. We have rarely seen this from him.

You can’t ask for any more other than that sort of effort continuing while he is being paid good money here.

Congrats to whoever on the coaching staff has helped him in this area.

Woosh

Head Moderator
Production the amount of valuable work done by a team as measured in counting statistics that correlate with winning. These statistics are converted to a single unit called Taylors. Taylor Player Ratings (TPR) are a rate metric that compares an individual player’s production, time-adjusted, to that of the average player at their position, with a rating of .100 being average (minimum 5 games played). Wins Above Reserve Grade (WARG) is a volume metric that converts player’s production over a nominal replacement level into an equivalent number of wins they contribute to their team.

Rated #1 in TPR and #7 in WARG.
When the old man play wells, Newcastle wins.

Attachments

• 60EA1EF1-1897-47EA-A033-2DF0AF3DA8F0.jpeg
    60EA1EF1-1897-47EA-A033-2DF0AF3DA8F0.jpeg
    983 KB · Views: 16

Jono078

Referee
It has to be one of the biggest (pleasant) surprises this year.

The man is looking like an elite centre and it's remarkable for his age and how much he's turned it around from last year. He wouldn't look out of place with the C next to his name right now.

Spot On

Coach
I don’t want to jinx anything but…

Gagai has only missed 10 tackles in 5 games and he his putting his body on the line using decent technique to stop ball carriers. We have rarely seen this from him.

You can’t ask for any more other than that sort of effort continuing while he is being paid good money here.

Congrats to whoever on the coaching staff has helped him in this area.

Apologies to all… and to Dane.

I should not have acknowledged his defence.

Normal programming resumed.

17 missed tackles in the past 3 games.

Given an absolute bath again today.

perverse

Referee
Apologies to all… and to Dane.

I should not have acknowledged his defence.

Normal programming resumed.

17 missed tackles in the past 3 games.

Given an absolute bath again today.
Why don't you go post in the Miller thread too?

Woody90

Juniors
Mail is that he’s missed out on the QLD side.

I actually feel really sad for him as up until this last round he’s been good defensively. He was awful on the weekend but he’s also put in a number of terrible performances defensively at club level before but has never let QLD down. I hope Slater had a chat with him prior.

Seems like a bit of a changing of the guards for QLD this year.

Spot On

Coach

I actually feel really sad for him as up until this last round he’s been good defensively. He was awful on the weekend but he’s also put in a number of terrible performances defensively at club level before but has never let QLD down. I hope Slater had a chat with him prior.

Last time he lined up against Latrell in an origin series he missed 30 tackles. If that’s not letting the side down…

Woosh

Head Moderator

There were reports leading up to the Sharks game he wasn’t getting picked.
Probably thought he needed to put in a shocker to get selected.

Queensland selectors are set to sensationally snub one of the Maroons’ most loyal servants over the past decade — Dane Gagai.
That is according to The Daily Telegraph’s David Riccio who believes Billy Slater will name Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow in the centres alongside Valentine Holmes.
Gagai, 32, has played 21 games for Queensland since making his debut in Game III of the 2015 series.

Yosh

Coach
He is 32 so it's understandable. If they have an injury in the outside backs he would be first in I assume. Hopefully he keeps producing for us!

Woody90

Juniors
There were reports leading up to the Sharks game he wasn’t getting picked.
Probably thought he needed to put in a shocker to get selected.

It’s been reported this morning that he was in the team until the game on Saturday. Begs the question though how the hell Holmes is in the side. We were bad on the weekend but Cowboys were a whole other level of bad.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
It’s been reported this morning that he was in the team until the game on Saturday. Begs the question though how the hell Holmes is in the side. We were bad on the weekend but Cowboys were a whole other level of bad.
Holmes would be in there because he’s an elite goal kicker I imagine.

So they don’t pick Dane because of his defence but pick the Hammer to mark up on Latrell instead who doesn’t even play at centre for his club??? WTF?

Zoidberg

First Grade
QLD starting to make NSW-like balls ups with selections, love to see it.
First series in a long time there isn’t a knight in the QLD squad.
As a QLDer I hate Gags and Ponga not being selected. As a Knight, I’m glad they can play for us but disappointed for them.

Burwood

Bench
We have players in, manly missing several big names, home game- stars are aligning for a big result on the weekend.