What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knights poll

Knights to win grand final with Kidley as new halfback?

• Good chance

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Possibly

• No chance

• Total voters

~bedsy~

First Grade
I don't think we will make it.... No team has won a g/f from 7th place.
I think if we were higher on the ladder it would be easier for us.... But I don't think we could have won it this yr even if we still had Joey.

Terminator

First Grade
Does it matter we finished this low, its amazing considering the amount of injuries we got here at all, the best part is we did'nt limp in like I thought we would, we roared in at full strength almost.
This is probably the best team that has ever finished this low for a finals spot in history, whoever comes first or second and depending on whether we finish 7th or 8th will not be looking forward to playing us.

knightsgal85

Juniors
Out of the selections available, I put my preference down as 'possibly'. We have secured a position in the finals series, & anything is possible if we field a team on the paddock (sure it's going to be a difficult task, but it isn't 'mission impossible'). This year's competition has been full of surprises, & we have been so lucky to witness some amazing & extravagent games of rugby league. As the finals series approaches ever-so-closer, it is almost as if we are introduced into a new brand of footy. It's sure going to be a long off-season. First things first, a win against the Cowboys ;-)

bedsy said:
I think if we were higher on the ladder it would be easier for us.... But I don't think we could have won it this yr even if we still had Joey.
we can make history and be to win the grand final from being on the 7th spit! :D

Terminator

First Grade
knights=champions said:
bedsy said:
we can make history and be to win the grand final from being on the 7th spit! :D

I hope you meant spot!

Anonymous

Juniors
Well there is a first time for everything, and some day a team will win from 7th position, history and statistics dont count for f**k all when it comes to finals, anything is a possibility.

Im going by my theory if the knights can give the roosters a run for their money without joey for 60 min in a semi final at aussie stadium with that hoodoo on us and without players firing, then this year its going to be a lot better than that. all our players are firing and we have f**ked off that hoodoo, i say bring on the goosters at aussie (if we play them) the crowd will be half knights supporters anyway. I just have a feeling were going to cause an upset in game 1.

Doctor

Bench
My thinking since the Warriors game has been along the lines of winning the first week of the finals, then depending on who we play either bowing out in week 2 or 3.

The Knights, with Gidley at halfback, are becoming a top 6 side capable of causing a few upsets when the forwards do their job. Defensively if they play like they did the other day there is no reason why the Knights can't make the Grand Final - but I wouldn't stick money on it.

The Knights, it has to be said, are different without Johns. While Gidley has become a very good replacement with his own style of game that the Knights have adapted to, making the Grand Final is still a big task. It requires three very good performances in a row - the Knights may upset some high-profile teams but I don't know whether, especially with current injuries, the Knights can make it all the way.

Actually, they can, but I just don't think they will - never say never, but let's just say they would have to continue to improve or at least maintain their current form to challenge for the title - we'll find out within the next month.