What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knights televised games

Knight87

Juniors
I was just wandering: Does anyone know or remember if the two games the Knights played at Carlaw Park (vs Manly in 1992 and vs Roosters in 1993) were televised or not? Because, I've been trying to find footage from these games, but haven't been able to.

And also, what about the game in '93 (I think) where the KNights had to at least draw to have some chance of making the Top 5 (finals), and Adrian Brunker missed a kick from dead infront to lose the game?

Gene Krupa

Referee
J T said:
I was just wandering: Does anyone know or remember if the two games the Knights played at Carlaw Park (vs Manly in 1992 and vs Roosters in 1993) were televised or not? Because, I've been trying to find footage from these games, but haven't been able to.

And also, what about the game in '93 (I think) where the KNights had to at least draw to have some chance of making the Top 5 (finals), and Adrian Brunker missed a kick from dead infront to lose the game?

I remember seeing the game of Manly from Carlaw Park, so it must have been televised.

And I think the game Brunker missed the lick was against Manly, at home. Not sure if it was to get into the finals though.

b1ggles

Juniors
Both games were televised in NZ on Channel 1 or 2.
I was at both, and David Waite was a very angry man after the Roosters match. The look he shot me when I said g'day.....

Knight87

Juniors
really? I didn't know they were televised in NZ (and live, I presume). Who was calling the games?

Knight87

Juniors
what happened to David Waite? Why was he furious? (I didn't watch the game, so I wouldn't know)

b1ggles

Juniors
David was pissed because it was a very close loss to the Roosters, I can't remember the score or circumstances but Gary Freeman had a blinder. I was waiting outside the Knights' bus.

The game was called by Graeme Hughes and Graham Lowe, live, and I'm pretty sure TV2 was the channel.

On the plus side, I got almost the entire team's signatures except for Steve Crowe and Michael Hagan. And David Waites.

IanG

Coach
The game against Manly in 1992 was the Channel 9 Sunday game.
Not sure about the one against the Roosters

Knight87

Juniors
Were us folk in Australia as lucky as the folk in NZ (in regards to watching the match live) with that tight Manly vs Newcastle game?

http://stats.rleague.com/rl/seas/1993.html#16

Also, I don't think the Knights game vs Roosters wasn't on Ch9. From that link above, I have a strange feeling it was either the Manly vs Norths or the Canberra vs St George game.

perverse

Referee
JT - are you writing a book or something? every thread you create is some obscure question about league "back in the day". i'm not sh*t slinging here - i'm genuinely curious, lol.

Latest posts