What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knights V Bunnies - Post match thread

PrideKnight

Bench
The Devil said:
There were more Crusaders there than The Burrow.. so much for home support..

Fair Dinkum, there were about 4-5 people in the Burrow at the beginning of the match :lol:

To be fair, those folks across the way chanting were actually part of the burrow, but apparently they had a bit of a tiff and split away from the core

chinorocks

Juniors
That was terrible. We played awful and deserved to lose to be honest.

If Carney is the best winger in the world I will run a lap of Australia nude. He is so bad at defending on the wing that I have a heart attack everytime they attack down his side. Their last try he had his back to the play FFS. Also he throws to many stupid passes and is basically offering absolutely nothing positive to the side. He SHOULD be in reserve grade next week but I know it won't happen. Can't wait till he goes to the Gold Coast.

jamesgould

Juniors
Nuffy said:
Robinson was plain embarassing, there will be a lot of blokes being placed in the bin based on Gidleys case.

That was in the top 10 for most blatent sinbinnings of all time. As soon as I saw him make the tackle I knew he'd be on his way!

jamesgould

Juniors
chinorocks said:
That was terrible. We played awful and deserved to lose to be honest.

If Carney is the best winger in the world I will run a lap of Australia nude. He is so bad at defending on the wing that I have a heart attack everytime they attack down his side. Their last try he had his back to the play FFS. Also he throws to many stupid passes and is basically offering absolutely nothing positive to the side. He SHOULD be in reserve grade next week but I know it won't happen. Can't wait till he goes to the Gold Coast.

Running into touch off the first tackle from a scrum wasn't a great option, as was the tackle on MacDougall facing backwards that you mention.

CycloneSteve

Juniors
I was at the game and every time the announcer tried to rev The Burrow up, they all just sat there....it was classic.

Our main problem was that we failed to mount any kind of pressure on the Bunnies. As someone said we had no repeat sets, and most times we got within 20m of their line we either dropped the ball or did some other stupid mistake. Not only that but we kept giving away silly penalties when we had Souths pinned down at their end of the field.

We need a significant turn-around before next week or the Broncos will do a number on us.

Also did Quinn go off at half-time and not come back? I dont think I saw him out there. He had a good first half but then he vanished.

IanG

Coach
Ball security has been a proble for the last 2 games. If we needed a match to blow the cob webs out of our game that was it right there. Still lucky to get away with the 2 points though.

I just hope that'll be what they focus on in training this week. Ball Security. Also I think I've been proved right when I made my comments last year that Souths should've gone to NASA for pre-season training. From all reports there was no atmosphere there today

Frederick

Staff member
thuganomics said:
Solid. No errors from what I remember and nice metres. Wasn't given a lot of time but was a nice debut.
Cool. Looks like he's proved wrong all those who said he'd never get on the field and was a waste of money.

northey

First Grade
i really enjoyed the game.
i think there were some wrong doings by the ref, but then so did the souths fans

~bedsy~

First Grade
I didn't see the game, I was at the SCG watching Manly v Eels (which was a bloody good game) They kept giving score updates and when it was 18-18, I was crapping myself, I didn't even really watch the Manly game during the last couple of minutes when it was 24-18.... I was just waiting for them to say it was fulltime.
I'm dissapointed that the boys were flat and had no pressure put on the Rabbits. Hopefully that will be addressed, as we will be in big trouble next week otherwise.

Stranger

Coach
Kiddley played very well IMO, less ball playing more straight running, exactly what a player should do/does outside Johns
Mullen i thought was extremely ordinary, cept for a kick or two.
Buderus won the game for us on the back of strong go forward.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
Stranger said:
Kiddley played very well IMO, less ball playing more straight running, exactly what a player should do/does outside Johns
Mullen i thought was extremely ordinary, cept for a kick or two.
Buderus won the game for us on the back of strong go forward.

I'm shocked at what you have wrote. I was at the game with great seating. Kidley played sh!thouse. It was only when he went to fullback that he played half decent.

You said we had "strong go forward". The knights go forward was very ordinary today!

Stranger

Coach
Generally we had strong go forward.

If you watch the game closely, you will see the only time our forwards were really put to the test were the few minutes after each of the bunnies tries.
I think Davico was a bit soft, but smith, newton, Simmo all hit the advantage line well, and Wolly still needs more muscle.

How did Kiddly play sh*thouse? He ran a bit sideways, but picked the times to straighten up well. He threw a wobbly one in the first few to thiday which resulted in a turn over, other than that i felt he had a good game.

The Devil said:
There were more Crusaders there than The Burrow.. so much for home support..

Fair Dinkum, there were about 4-5 people in the Burrow at the beginning of the match :lol:

I think they had you outnumbered but not by much.

Also deadset the newcastle fans well and truely outnumbered the bunnies fans. That is no BS.

And gee's if they got 8,600'sh against a team containing two of the best players ever, how many are they going to get against a traditional poor drawer next week?

Footy wise fantastic game real nail biting stuff, we where extremely average and the bunnies played their best game by far.

Captain_Fred said:
Cool. Looks like he's proved wrong all those who said he'd never get on the field and was a waste of money.

Friend his on Match payments so if breaksdown financially it doesnt cost us at all.