What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knights v Raiders Post Match Talk

thuganomics

Coach
Couldn't back up our performances from the past fortnight.

Attack was shocking.

Steve Simpson was basically useless out in Center. Luke Quigley and Blake Mueller were impressive of the bench.

thuganomics

Coach
Turning point in the game was the try before halftime to Gafa. Just a slack moment in defnece and that cost us the game. As well as the Raiders holding on when they had numerous defencive sets palced against them.

Alex28

Coach
Well well f***ing well...

I know we had injuries everywhere. I know we had most of out top players missing...

But our attacking options were awful. AWFUL!

How many opportunities did they need in the second half to put the game away? The game by the two halves were awful. I said yesterday that he is a one-trick pony - I'm not sure he is even that. Kidley wasn't any better - he couldn't create anything at all.

The forwards were our saving grace - they defended with courage. Craig Smith has alot of heart and showed it coming back on with rib damage. He cringed, he showed his pain on his face, but time after time he ran at the opposition and made metres. Simmo and Buderus were great in a well beaten team.

The backs...we really have no depth do we. Matt Gidley is well past his best - who runs the ball up on the first tackle, tries 4 jinks and gets tackled 2 metres from where he started? Run forwards Matt! Brad Tighe (while not being much of a kicker) had a pretty decent game he is safe as houses in defence, keeps a pretty cool head. It's kinda clear now that the older backs really dont cut it in the NRL - Hughes was safe in defence but offered nothing in attack. Did any backs make a break at all?

It's incredibly frustrating seeing a game being handed to them on a platter, yet they knock it back time and time again...

The knockers are right - we are a one man team. If Johns stayed injury free - we would have beaten the Warriors, the Bulldogs and now the Raiders and we would be close to the 8.

thuganomics

Coach
If Johns had that sort of possesion that the Kights had in that 2nd half. We wuold of put 30 on them in that half.

ironcross

Juniors
thuganomics said:
If Johns had that sort of possesion that the Kights had in that 2nd half. We wuold of put 30 on them in that half.

Thats if the other players catch the ball and don't drop it! It's no guarantee :lol:

Gene Krupa

Referee
The ref should have played on when Danny took the loose ball and seemed to score.

No excuses though, we sucked big time today. We didn't ever look like threatening the Canberra line in the second half.

Alex28

Coach
Simmo made plenty of ground out there but didn't have the ability to get passes out to Tighe - he was still making 10 metres at least with every run. I forgot to acknowledge Woolnough - had a great game.

Alex28

Coach
Gene Krupa said:
The ref should have played on when Danny took the loose ball and seemed to score.

No excuses though, we sucked big time today. We didn't ever look like threatening the Canberra line in the second half.

LOL...taking a bit of poetic licence with the words "took" and "loose" aren't you Gene - I think you mean "stole". ;-)

Gene Krupa

Referee
Alex28 said:
Gene Krupa said:

LOL...taking a bit of poetic licence with the words "took" and "loose" aren't you Gene - I think you mean "stole". ;-)

From where we were sitting we couldn't really see and since we got the scrum, it should have at least gone to the video ref.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Talk about very very very ordinary. They should have - SHOULD HAVE won, the Canberra team today was a very ordinary team and we got beaten. That is what p****s me off the most. Listening to Gary Harley, and its common knowledge that Conway and Sargent play "no talkies", but its just not Conway and Sargent, Conway does not talk to anybody else in the administration part of the club. Well if this rumour is true, I say not to get rid of Hages, but get rid of Conway. The problems arise at the top of the club and filter thru. Conway is at the top of the club ............... u do the maths.............

~bedsy~

First Grade
Gene Krupa said:
That was a try.
The ref wasn't very good today, however as you said it was no excuse.
I was screaming the whole time for them TO RUN FORWARD!
They weren't doing that. Everytime Buderus or Simmo ran forward they made a break. I don't get this running sideways shit, it really pisses me off.

~bedsy~

First Grade
Gene Krupa said:
Alex28 said:
Gene Krupa said:

From where we were sitting we couldn't really see and since we got the scrum, it should have at least gone to the video ref.

Yeah well from where I was sitting it looked like a dropped ball and Danny picked it up.

Alex28

Coach
Bedsy - there was no way on earth that Buderus scored a valid try there. Buderus definately stripped the ball from the Canberra player. If it went to the video ref it would have been a penalty to the Raiders and we still would have lost.

Gene Krupa

Referee
On the positive side today, I meet some great people off the forum.

We were a pretty disappointed bunch though. :(

ahhh WHAT HAPPENED........ we truely are shocking! :( it's been a 4 point margin for the last 3 weeks :? I JUST WANT A WIN :cry: :cry:

~bedsy~

First Grade
Alex28 said:
Bedsy - there was no way on earth that Buderus scored a valid try there. Buderus definately stripped the ball from the Canberra player. If it went to the video ref it would have been a penalty to the Raiders and we still would have lost.

Well maybe, but what I saw was Buderus pick up what looked like a loose ball and score... as did eveyone around me.

Latest posts