What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knights V's Bulldogs Post Match Talk

keeney

First Grade
so far at least, we finnally clicked, too bad we dont have half our squad to take advantage, man im so glad i waited til 6 to watch it. everytime i do i always get burnt, tigers last year, dragons this year, etc.

MAN IM SO HAPPY

MC DUI

Juniors
That was one solid performance from the boys :clap: :clap:

I watched the game on fox and there really wasn't a bad player on the field for the Knights. 8)
All the young forwards stood up like champions and didn't give the Bulldogs any room to move at all. We were the most enthusiatic in that game as I have ever seen the Knights, we continually through the match had 3-4 players in every tackle. Late in the game the Bulldogs had only managed 2 offloads :shock: Key factor in my opinion.

I have no idea who should be given man of the match :?: Everybody played excellent, Mark Hughes was a champion in his first game back in the topp grade he saved our arses 3 or 4 times by getting out of the ingoal area, Clint Newton also had a superb game. :clap:

Everyone try to get a hold of the footage of the match and have a watch, if we play that way in every game we run out in we will come away the winner 9 times out of 10, the enthusiasm shown was through the roof!

:clap:

princess plj

Juniors
i saw the result on channle 10 news and saw the score as i could not wait until they showed it on fox -----I AM SO HAPPY....they played brillantly--i have jsut finished watching the replay...what an awesome match....i could not believe that the dogs just not come to the party so to speak- they had more time in knights territory yet could not put the points on the board---- our defense was brilliant. we need to play like this every week...

joey looked happy as did robbie o....well done boys!!! bedsy and kidley had a cracker of a game :clap:

Missa

Juniors
wowow...i am so proud of the guys...i had the radio in my ear listening to the live updates.....and was screaming them home......just watched it on fox and they played superb footy...very enthusiastic...the attitude was there 110%.well done to all the boys...now who said that we couldnt beat a top 8 side now????????

chinorocks

Juniors
Absolutely brilliant performance!!! All the players we're fantastic especially Mark Hughes who I have often been critical of in the past. He was fantastic, pulled down a flying Utai about 3 times. Hall and Quinn we're great as well. Come to think of it the whole team played fantastically.

thuganomics

Coach
No Kennedy, Tahu, Johns, O'Davis, Abraham, Simpson in the side, and we still won. Not only won but smashed them!! :shock:

Alex28

Coach
it was a great performance - parfticularly defensively in the first half with that wind. best defence the knights have had this year - even better than the Panthers game given the calibre of players missing today.

attack was pretty good. kidley had a fantastic game, matt gidley was great, the forwards all went pretty well. i have a suspended apology to issue to mark hughes - he went great today - particularly in defence. he even made a break or two and scored a try. a few more games like that and i'll lift the suspension ;)

however it will take a few more games like that to show they are fair dinkum about this season. it was a great effort in adversity, but we need to play with that much intensity every week - an effort like that just shows that they rely on the likes of Kennedy and Abraham too much and dont play at 100% every week.

keeney

First Grade
hes always solid in defence, adn hes always safe as a house at fullback ( ithink hes a better 1 then he is a centre) his major problem has been his atack, he isnt a penetrating runner anymore,a dn even on kick returns, whereas a fulback like roobie o just tucks it up and sprints hea don, he wafts around the field, not running forwards. Good game nonetheless, his support play was great

The young guys stood up today.They realised it was up to them
The Gidleys took it by the scruff og the neck and the forwards were getting 3 or 4 in the tackles well into the game.
Even the wingers were great!
Matt parsons was great!
I think they made a pact.
If this kind of stuff can hold together for the tough games ahead I can see us pushing up the ladder
I dont think many would have beaten us today

THE CROWD!!......THE CROWD found voice and the Doggie supporters were silenced after about 5 minutes!
Well done Newcastle!
Hang on to this Gidley kid..hes going to be a champion and G. Carmont is here to represent :clap: :clap: :clap:

skwintox

Juniors
Holla if ya hear me said:
THE CROWD!!......THE CROWD found voice and the Doggie supporters were silenced after about 5 minutes!
Well done Newcastle!
Hang on to this Gidley kid..hes going to be a champion and G. Carmont is here to represent :clap: :clap: :clap:

I have to agree, its one of the best games i have ever been to. And it was good to see that not too much bad stuff went on either (crowds). Well im without a voice, which im sure many of you are lol, but it was all for a good cause! :D

skwintox

Juniors
Holla if ya hear me said:
Well done Newcastle!

I have to agree, its one of the best games i have ever been to. And it was good to see that not too much bad stuff went on either (crowds). Well im without a voice, which im sure many of you are lol, but it was all for a good cause! :D

Simplycheeky

Juniors
The boys were all absolutely fantastic. They were enthusiastic and stuck to the game plan.. They stopped the Dogs from offloading in the tackles which in my opinion was a huge contributing factor because their defence line relatively stayed intact as a result! Matt Gidley was the man of the match at the ground,he stood up as a senior player should and got down and dirty in defence.
I'd just like to say that the crowd that attended today was awesome they cheered their butts off....and it was wonderful to hear as I haven't heard the Stadium that loud for a fair while...Congrats all :clap:

I heard that Mr.Bean was hit with something from the dogs section after he awarded the try from "refs call'
Anyone can elaborate on this?

skwintox

Juniors
I heard that Mr.Bean was hit with something from the dogs section after he awarded the try from "refs call'
Anyone can elaborate on this?

When mark hughes knocked on over the line (and went to video ref) he (Mr Bean) copped a rock in the back of the head apparently, heard it on the sports ears, he was whingin to the video ref, security started to beef up after that, he shouldnt have to put up with that crap ... :?

Great game, great comeback from Hughes. Great crowd (this wrap only applies to us Knights' fans), great day, great performances and the result... well how good was it?

It was good to see Kids' kicking game improve out of sight, a few charge downs could've been addressed earlier, but he kept it under control for the most.

Hampstead was hit during the video ref decision for our second try, not the knock on. Disgusting lot those Bulldog army. I didn't notice, but did the Bulldogs players come over and clap the scum this year? They have for past years.

astrogirl

First Grade
I thought the crowd was great, my throat is still hurting!

I did something really dorky today - I wore my Knights scarf to work! :oops: I'm still so excited about yesterday :D

antonius

Coach
Couldn’t get on last night too much Mothers day stuff to do. The performance yesterday was almost unbelievable. I’ve read in the NRL forum a few Dogs fans (Canterbury in particular) making the excuse that they had six backing up, no mention by that goose that we had Perry, and Kidley backing up, Johns, Kennedy, Abraham, Tahu, Simpson, and O’Davis missing from our team. Back to the game. The team showed all the defensive intensity that we’ve been whingeing was missing last season, one passage of play saw four of our guys pick O’Meley up and force him back 5 meters before sitting him on his arse he played the ball back it went to Mason, and he received the same treatment, That set the trend for the entire game, I kept expecting our intensity to drop off but it never did, the Knights smothered every raid the Dogs could muster, so much so that they (the Dogs) started knocking on, dropping balls etc. One of the most pleasing aspects of many pleasing aspects was the much improved kicking game, Kidley was finding open spaces with his kicks, and in difficult conditions kicked far better than Annaster, or Sherwin. Hughes was brilliantly safe at fullback, took some very high balls in windy conditions, and was unlucky not to have two tries, his first disallowed try was the result of the ball hitting a dogs leg MM from the grounding, (very Unlucky) To say we dominated them from the outset is no understatement, they were almost mistake free for the whole first half. Perry was penalised for an elbow in a tackle on the ground, (from what I saw there wasn’t much in it) and Quinn was very unlucky when an error of judgement saw him touch a ball over the dead ball line from a kick off, and of course Lowries initial knock-on at the start of the game. Carmont has to be the find of the year he is a very solid defender for a slightly built guy, and he is one very good backer-up, he will score plenty of trys this year. Kidley led the team around like an old hand and Witt complimented him perfectly, one thing the game did prove beyond doubt we can function without Johns, and it even more backs up that spending $450,000+ on him is not good spending practice. The forwards Wooly (was the stand-out IMO) Perry, Parso, Newton were really solid, and Price played the best game I’ve seen from him, He reminds me of an early Steve Simpson, and on yesterdays effort I’d have him in front of Matt Kennedy any day. Lowrie was good in defense and attack, and with him around the Lock posi looks well covered in the absence of BK, and Abes. Bedsy led the side well, and he is a very level headed captain, in that he doesn’t rush decisions, and he and Newton seemed to be the Gee Up men, and did it well. To sum it up the Dogs were never in it, our boys didn’t give them a sniff, the crowd at times were back to their old selves, the southern end was deafening, and the Newcastle chant coming out of the old grandstand was awesome. Don’t listen to the excuses from some Doggies fans, I’d say they are a result of being totally embarrassed, and completely outplayed by our team, I know I’ve said it once this year already but that game yesterday will go down as one of the teams all-time great performances. The ground MOM was Matt Gidley, But really you could have given it to a dozen of them and got no argument.
By the way our premmy boys got a good win up, and the Guy Scott Briggs (halfback) is a player to watch.

ironcross

Juniors
In my opinion it was their best game this year. For the full 80 minutes the whole team put in 100%. An excellent sign, considering the team was made up of so many young players. I'll be honest I didn't think they had a hope yesterday, but they proved me wrong. Lets hope they keep up the intensity and consistency for the rest of the year.

With some of the injured senior players coming back in the next couple of weeks, Newcastle should be a major force in the NRL without Johns. If Johns comes back for the finals, then that will just make us unstoppable!

Go the Knights :D

Latest posts