What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knights vs Raiders @ EAS Game Thread

Serc

First Grade
Could hear the crowd really well through the telly last night...I know its not very scientific but probably one of the loudest I've heard all year when the Newcastle chant went up.

doggone

Juniors
Congratulations Ben Rodgers you played like you had purpose last night seemed to go well without Mullo. Maybe that's the key. Well

cram

Bench
That's interesting Serc because at times it was very quiet at the game last night, at least it seemed that way to me.

Big Tim

First Grade
Rogers' game was great under the circumstances. Its no coincidence that his 2 kicks that lead to dropouts came off the back of a hard straight run. It gave him time to pick his spots, and take a few steps into the kicks.

I, as well as many of the Crusaders had a great laugh when Dugan called for the trainer on the 2nd tackle, which Dodge saw, so on the 3rd he cleared him while he was still with the trainer :p Credit to the kid though, he was in obvious pain, but still chased the ball and made a fist of the return.

Gould has Dodge pegged with what he said on the roast today, Dodge is the type of player that wants to score on every set, which isnt exactly bad, but it gets him in trouble, if he can have the composure to realise there are some sets where you need to pint the opposition down their end you will mount pressure and eventually score, with little risk of conceding. I saw a little of this in his game last night.

It will be interesting to see the Dodge/Dureau combo........ It will truly be rocks or diamonds. Looking forward to what they can produce. For sure it will be a talking point.

Serc

First Grade
I should say when the chant really went up 2 or 3 times (mostly when we were bogged down our end of the field) it seemed a little louder than usual, otherwise not so loud :)

Seemed to respond to the man with the drum quite well actually ;-)

Karmawave

Bench
I should say when the chant really went up 2 or 3 times (mostly when we were bogged down our end of the field) it seemed a little louder than usual, otherwise not so loud :)

Seemed to respond to the man with the drum quite well actually ;-)

How come the chant now is so so slow?

New.

Cas.

Tle.

It's like its been slowed down so the bogans can keep up.

What's the go with that?

Whoever is on the drum , pick up the tempo a bit kiddo, cos the chants sloooooooooooooow and it makes it sound so half hearted.

cram

Bench
Awwww.... to go back to the days when the Chant was fast and loud and bogans ran around the ground with flags....remember the time Newcastle Played Parra and Parra were winning and the Parra Jesus did a lap and a short time later a BK pass to Peden and he goes in under the post and we win....then the Parra Jesus was chased by the Bogan with the flag....they were the days....lol

Karmawave

Bench
Well we might not be able to have Parra Jesus or the bogan running around with the flag anymore Cram, but we can at least speed up the chant to a normal level :lol:

mozza91

Coach
Awwww.... to go back to the days when the Chant was fast and loud and bogans ran around the ground with flags....remember the time Newcastle Played Parra and Parra were winning and the Parra Jesus did a lap and a short time later a BK pass to Peden and he goes in under the post and we win....then the Parra Jesus was chased by the Bogan with the flag....they were the days....lol
I remember that game he got so much sh*t thrown at him.
The game was awesome too winning without Joey was pretty rare in those days

BG

Juniors
We're in the top 4 right now if you put it down as every team has had a BYE.

That's a misleading scenario. A "bye" for a team also means a game for other teams. We get a guaranteed 2 points, but others have a chance to earn them as well -- and also alter their for-and-against. Anyway, this kink gets smoothed out of the ladder next week and the real interest will lie in whom the top teams have to play in the run home.

Liam

Juniors
We should win most of the games on our run home if we want to be serious contenders.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
I actually don't think the chant is slow at all. IMO it's much better when it's dragged out, otherwise it seems like it's being rushed...

Karmawave

Bench
I actually don't think the chant is slow at all. IMO it's much better when it's dragged out, otherwise it seems like it's being rushed...

Find it a bit hard to keep up do you old fella?

It's a deadset drone at the moment at the speed its at. You could nap between each syllable.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Find it a bit hard to keep up do you old fella?

It's a deadset drone at the moment at the speed its at. You could nap between each syllable.
No. Although, it might be a little too slow how it was last night. But then again, at the Rabbitohs game it was probably a little too fast. We need to find a happy medium IMHO.

Then again, maybe it's cos I pay $7 for parking ...

Goal line defence was terrific last night. (It had been mentioned before, but i'll bring it up again).
I don't know how anyone can say that it was a boring game, there was plenty going on, & possibly many more points on offer, except for the great defence of Matt Hilder & the rest.
The crowd noise seemed to be separated into the hockey end & the goninan end depending on where the play was. I don't remember the whole ground getting excited too many times.

Big Tim

First Grade
How come the chant now is so so slow?

New.

Cas.

Tle.

It's like its been slowed down so the bogans can keep up.

What's the go with that?

Whoever is on the drum , pick up the tempo a bit kiddo, cos the chants sloooooooooooooow and it makes it sound so half hearted.

It is slow for a purpose.

You try and have it faster, and then try chanting it, at full blast 15+ times in a game(+ all the other chants we are trying to establish). I guarantee you that you will end up vomiting when your head feels like it is gonna explode....... I know I have.

Latest posts