What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knock-on Effect NSW Cup - Eels Team

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
When was the last time a player contracted/playing with our feeder club go on to score an NRL contract with us (his first contract with us) and then play NRL with us?

Last player I can think of was Kenny Sio who worked his way up to NSW cup (I think) from RM cup as a 19 year old, then got a 20's contract / start the following year.

Not a high success rate.

PS Etu may have been the last before Sio.
I think Lasalo was on a Wenty contract in 2014 before we re-signed him to fill in (for one game). But he had previously been on an NRL contract and already played first grade.

Fogarty also spent 2016 without an NRL contract but has one now. Obviously is yet to play first grade.

When was the last time a player contracted/playing with our feeder club go on to score an NRL contract with us (his first contract with us) and then play NRL with us?

Last player I can think of was Kenny Sio who worked his way up to NSW cup (I think) from RM cup as a 19 year old, then got a 20's contract / start the following year.

Not a high success rate.

PS Etu may have been the last before Sio.

What was Ma'u's first contract with 'us'? He certainly played for Wenty for a while before getting a run with the NRL team.

forward pass

Coach
NRL Rookie Runner-Up Signs With Eels Feeder Club
Tags: Parramatta Eels

jordan-martin-628.jpg

Parramatta may have snared themselves a star of the future.

NRL Rookie runner-up Jordan Martin has just signed with Parramatta’s feeder club, Wentworthville Magpies.

The winger made the announcement via his instagram account.

"Letting everyone know iv (sic) signed with Wenty (Eels Feat Club) it was a deal i couldn't turn down and has a big opportunity," he said.

"Really big thank you to mounties i love the club and recommend to anyone considering going their. At the end of the day i have to make the best decision for me. Cheers Jordo."

http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/sp...with-eels-feeder-club-wentworthville-magpies/

hmmm..... that is the worst grammar I think I have ever seen.

Gronk

Staff member
A mate of mine once turned to me in the middle of a game of pool and remarked 'my arse ain't been doin farting for a while'. I thought that was a pretty unique combination of grammar and topic matter.
Perhaps he was commenting on your rise to nobility, cos as we all know the Queen and Pope don't fart.

Gronk

Staff member
EELS

So why didn’t James Hasson play a game for Parramatta in 2016?

Because the Eels’ salary cap position prevented him from doing so.

Hasson made the move west last year after playing 39 games for Manly, but he’s been unable add to his tally since arriving.

6387111863e5bf565447f94196537039

James Hasson arrives for training. Picture: Brett CostelloSource: News Corp Australia
“It was a bit rough last year,” Hasson told The NRL Podcast.

“It was one of the harder years with the way the salary cap worked out — I couldn’t get a game so that was a bit disappointing.

“But I’m ripping in at training and hopefully this year I can put some games together and get back on the first grade scene.”

While he wasn’t able to play NRL, Hasson played on the international stage for Ireland in the country’s World Cup qualifiers against Spain and Russia.

“They weren’t the hardest games ... but we’re into the Cup,” Hasson said.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...g/news-story/066675b5c1c345df6e49fdb539eda5d5

Incorrect

Coach
So that's 2 articles now singing from the same hymn sheet... First one was about Cameron King, now Hasson..... If I see a 3rd article about Kieran Moss or Scott Shulte where they say BA told them he wanted to play them at five-eighth when Foran left but couldn't because of the salary cap.... I'm calling Bullshit on BA's ass!!!!!

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Was also probably be because he got injured at unfavourable times. If he wasn't injured I reckon he debuts for the Blue and Gold before O'Brien

Yep, as surely O'Brien was most likely 2nd tier.

On King, BA could have given him a start but choose to sign Robson instead. While Nelson got two games too, is he top 25 or on the fringe and King could have been picked instead ?

hindy111

Post Whore
Was also probably be because he got injured at unfavourable times. If he wasn't injured I reckon he debuts for the Blue and Gold before O'Brien

Same goes for Tanginoa.

I have 6 guys who may not make Wenty that have played first grade. Name your Wenty side and look at some names that have been left out. A lot of depth.

franklin2323

Immortal
Same goes for Tanginoa.

I have 6 guys who may not make Wenty that have played first grade. Name your Wenty side and look at some names that have been left out. A lot of depth.

Is there a list of Wenty players? Them and Wyong are the only ones I can't find

Latest posts