What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knock-on Effect NSW Cup - Eels Team

hindy111

Post Whore
Yep. Might try and back up to the SG Ball game over at Cabramatta in the evening as well, assuming it isn't rained out.

Hi Forty- Whats your thoughts on Hasson - Is he in BA plans for first grade at all ? He looks to have bulked up quite a bit. Huge biceps. As tough as Tanginoa is and hard running I think Hasson is more chance of first grade due to his frame.

strider

Post Whore
Hi Forty- Whats your thoughts on Hasson - Is he in BA plans for first grade at all ? He looks to have bulked up quite a bit. Huge biceps. As tough as Tanginoa is and hard running I think Hasson is more chance of first grade due to his frame.
Its interesting that he's been named at #12 ... i thought he had always been a middle forward

hindy111

Post Whore
I guess - KE-Nelson-Vavae-Terepo-De gois - Woods -Uelsai all out means 7 forwards not available for Wenty.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Its interesting that he's been named at #12 ... i thought he had always been a middle forward
I'm pretty sure in first grade he's always played in the middle. I suppose in reserve grade he's still a better edge forward than the Wenty contracted options. Though Gower's playing in the middle isn't he? He's played a bit of NRL on the edges.

Eelpout

Juniors
Some key stats from the weekends game:
- George Jennings with a team high 54 post-contact metres from 12 runs with 5 tackle breaks.
- Jamal Fogarty 3 try causes (let in three).
- Alex Twal 193m from 20 runs and 34 tackles (60mins).
- Cameron King 147 kick metres from 3 kicks and 34 tackles.
- Kelepi Tanginoa 135m from 16 runs with 5 tackle breaks.

The team stat that I found most intriguing is the 'play the ball timings' i.e. how long it takes the tackled player to play the ball. For both teams the most frequent timing was between 3-4 seconds. However, the Pies had 18PTB's between 2-3 seconds compared to the bears 42. They then had 43PTB's between 4-5 seconds compared to the Bears 17. Does this indicate that the refs were a little more lenient towards North Sydney or is there an argument that our players are a little underdone/ not match fit? This would tie in to how our first-grade team looked in the latter stages against Manly.

http://www.nswrl.com.au/content/dam/nswrl/documents/isp-stats-reports-2017/Rd1-MagpiesBears.pdf

102shhc.jpg

102shhc.jpg

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The team stat that I found most intriguing is the 'play the ball timings' i.e. how long it takes the tackled player to play the ball. For both teams the most frequent timing was between 3-4 seconds. However, the Pies had 18PTB's between 2-3 seconds compared to the bears 42. They then had 43PTB's between 4-5 seconds compared to the Bears 17. Does this indicate that the refs were a little more lenient towards North Sydney or is there an argument that our players are a little underdone/ not match fit?
102shhc.jpg
We had a fairly small pack, with Twal, Tanginoa and Gower in the middle. That's good for defence but not so good for ruck speed. I believe the Bunnies had one of the Burgess twins plus who knows how many other giants.

You don't want your pack too full of monsters but you at least need a couple.

Incorrect

Coach
Who doing these stats? Video break down or some half drunk guy at game eating a chip roll?
I'll have you know that I was more than half drunk....

And more of the chip roll may have ended up on my shirt than made it in to my mouth....

I stand by my work.... even if the stats are incomplete as I was in the beer line at Ringrose for at least half the match...

Latest posts