What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knock-on Effect NSW Cup - Eels Team

Gazzamatta

Coach
Not sure I'll do that again. Dogs Reserve Grade supporters worse than their Firsts. A cow paddock and I mistakenly sat in front of the guy with the siren. Frightened the b'Jesus outta me at halftime. Saw Dylbags there but no one else of note but I didnt go looking.
. EmuGreg is a monster up close.
. Penisini looked like he was going to be caught b4 passing to Dunster who sped away.
. Sean Russell is quick. Looked pretty good.
. If Hayze is our back up fullback we are in big trouble. Absolutely no idea under the high ball and his 1 on 1 D was atrocious.
Always next week.

chiefy1

Juniors
Not sure I'll do that again. Dogs Reserve Grade supporters worse than their Firsts. A cow paddock and I mistakenly sat in front of the guy with the siren. Frightened the b'Jesus outta me at halftime. Saw Dylbags there but no one else of note but I didnt go looking.
. Penisini looked like he was going to be caught b4 passing to Dunster who sped away.
. If Hayze is our back up fullback we are in big trouble. Absolutely no idea under the high ball and his 1 on 1 D was atrocious.
Always next week.

Matterson was there also hazza

chiefy1

Juniors
Always next week.

Matterson was there also Gaza

JokerEel

First Grade
Not sure why that played Hayze at Fullback. Especially when Russel was looking ok in that position..

Oldfield should be on a wing Hayze in centre Russel fullback.

Gronk

Staff member
Not sure why that played Hayze at Fullback. Especially when Russel was looking ok in that position..

Oldfield should be on a wing Hayze in centre Russel fullback.
I think we need to look at the lower grades not as a competition that must be won at all costs, but as a ongoing trial and educational process for your young players. Some of the big hopes could still be playing Flegg or even Ball.

Right now (touch wood) we have tremendous depth and have the luxury to be able to rest Hollis in Flegg for a week or two. Likewise 18yo Russell has had a big workload in the past two months and why not let him learn his trade on the wing ?

We are lucky that we have Rankin, Oldfield, Macka, Hipgrave etc who can provide stability in reggies for our younger cohort who can rotate positions and grades to expand their skill set and most importantly ease them into professional footy.

Last edited:

hindy111

Post Whore
I think we need to look at the lower grades not as a competition that must be won at all costs, but as a ongoing trial and educational process for your young players. Some of the big hopes could still be playing Flegg or even Ball.

Right now (touch wood) we have tremendous depth and have the luxury to be able to rest Hughes in Flegg for a week or two. Likewise 18yo Russell has had a big workload in the past two months and why not let him learn his trade on the wing ?

We are lucky that we have Rankin, Oldfield, Macka, Hipgrave etc who can provide stability in reggies for our younger cohort who can rotate positions and grades to expand their skill set and most importantly ease them into professional footy.

Hollis? Hughes is gone.

JokerEel

First Grade

Right now (touch wood) we have tremendous depth and have the luxury to be able to rest Hollis in Flegg for a week or two. Likewise 18yo Russell has had a big workload in the past two months and why not let him learn his trade on the wing ?

I agree 100% players need to continue to develop in NSW cup and winning the competition won't bring you an NRL title.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
PARRAMATTA-2021.png

1. Hayze Perham
2. Toa Mata'afa
3. Viliami Penisini
4. Michael Oldfield
5. Sean Russell
6. Jordan Rankin
7. Jakob Arthur
8. Makahesi Makatoa