What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knock-on Effect NSW Cup - Eels Team

Avenger

Immortal
Most of the players are bog average. There is a reason Cartwright is playing here too.
He was ordinary.

Russell is still troubled by his injury. He looks too tentative.

Rankin and Rodwell are our best players.

hindy111

Post Whore
His biggest problem is he has no zip about him. None whatsoever. When he takes off it’s like he is in 4th gear. Everything he does is robotic and is so predictable with a delay like it was via satellite in the 1990’s.

Agree. He isn't going to be a superstar. I think we have acknowledged that. But he does read the play well, has a nice pass, pretty big boot and can tackle. I think that's a better platform then a guy who is flashy like Perham but has far to many flaws.

Jake just needs to be excellent with what he does have in his game. Kicks need to get be better as does his decision making.
But those things you can work on. If he did have a dynamic run game he would be chased by other clubs already.

For our club however if Moses does want 1.1 mill then perhaps JA might end up a cheap ok option that costs 250k and let's Dylan roam. It also would mean Gutherson gets a bit more of a ball playing role which has been limited this year.
750k means you can upgrade 3 positions quite significantly.
Rather then 3 guys in your top 17 on 250k you can have 3 extra guys on 500k. The difference in quality between a 250k players and 500k is like comparing Kafusi, Simmonson, Cartwright in your best side with having Matterson, Papali'i and Blake.
We need balance. Moses or Brown? JA would complement BROWN far better.

hindy111

Post Whore
Dogs won't have any player play more than 10 first grade games in their cup side.

Rodwell is the only player today that should play first grade.

Amoti is the goods. Tapine looked good also.
Rodwell would be better then Kafusi,Makatoa and maybe even N. Brown right now I reckon.

Soto

Bench
Opacic looked a reserve grade today but we all know he is a very capable 1st grader and rarely let's us down when he plays 1sts. However he is not better than any of the centres or wingers playing in 1st grade today hence his relegation

Soto

Bench
Not sure If anyone saw that discussion between MON and BA...BA didn't seem impressed or interested. MON was a bit animated. Not trying to make a story of it but it did seem very interesting nonetheless

Gazzamatta

Coach
Thats the best Ive seen from Sam L. Russell was good in patches. I dont see Jake being any better than young Gaznier. I listened to a podcast recently where it was stated Jake is too good for this grade. He may be at some point but not yet.
Jake will now be 18th man for the 1s no doubt.
Dissappointing result for Captain Rankins first effort as coach.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Not sure If anyone saw that discussion between MON and BA...BA didn't seem impressed or interested. MON was a bit animated. Not trying to make a story of it but it did seem very interesting nonetheless
Was this after fulltime in the 2s?

IFR33K

Coach
Thats the best Ive seen from Sam L. Russell was good in patches. I dont see Jake being any better than young Gaznier. I listened to a podcast recently where it was stated Jake is too good for this grade. He may be at some point but not yet.
Jake will now be 18th man for the 1s no doubt.
Dissappointing result for Captain Rankins first effort as coach.

I’m losing touch with this grade. Is rankin really captain coach?? If so, why?

IFR33K

Coach
Geez going by the comments, there’s really slim picking in reserves too.

What position are they coming on the table?

Gazzamatta

Coach
I’m losing touch with this grade. Is rankin really captain coach?? If so, why?
Yep. As predicted. Carrs taken Kidwells spot. Im sure Rankin is held in high regard within Camp Eels. We saw what happened today when he left the field. Hes definitely the general. Go Jordo!

IFR33K

Coach
That was one of the dumbest comment's i've read on here, and it wasn't even from Pou.

Surely when some posters said Gutho isn’t on overs, or his manager didn’t bend us over is up there too???

Or how about Gutho being the greatest signing in the clubs history.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Bears 14 Eels 12 h/t.
No agression in defence. Getting caught out on the edges. No standouts.
Young Gaznier doing most of the controlling. Jake hasnt been sighted off Nobbys as yet. Nrown average but having a go. Carty poor. Emu going ok.
Bears could run away with this. Hopefully Captain Rankin kicks as* in the sheds.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Bears 14 Eels 12 h/t.
No agression in defence. Getting caught out on the edges. No standouts.
Young Gaznier doing most of the controlling. Jake hasnt been sighted off Nobbys as yet. Nrown average but having a go. Carty poor. Emu going ok.
Bears could run away with this. Hopefully Captain Rankin kicks as* in the sheds.
But I thought Jakey led the team around the park and was carving up in reserve grade??

Latest posts