What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knock-on Effect NSW Cup - Eels Team

hindy111

Post Whore
Will Smith is a f**king good footballer.
Fergo is too good for this grade
Penisini is coming along nicely.
Oldfield could easily take Opacic's place and do as well.
Russell is clearly young but moves well
Rankin is bloody good player and we are lucky to have him as our reggies captain
Arthur has got time, intelligence and a deft kicking game beyond his 18 years.
Emu has big post contact M in him. Good project.
Nathaniel is zippy. Coming along nicely.
Macka is ok
El Z can play. Big body
Hipgrave is too good for this grade
Rodwell is coming along nicely

Hayze P moves gracefully. Good project
Charbs is young needs work
Hollis is 6'5" big merkin. Nice.

Haha. You are off head.....Honestly you do not know football mate.

Fergo had 2-3 nice runs in the 2nd half but he gave up on a play that lead to a try. He also was caught out a few times in defense coming in. Only poor execution at this level stopped a try. Too strong for this level yes.

Hipgrave = Garbage. No impact at all. Doesn't break tackles.

Emu= No nuts at all. Very bland game imo.Maybe an off season changes him. He takes an forever to get down and play the ball. The top sides don't use forwards like this. They want guys who skittle defense a little and play ball fast.

Guys with a bit of talent

Rodwell. Strong unit, busts tackles. Had he pass however its 34-12 and game over.

Penisini - Needs good ball. One on one would be hard to stop.

Russel- Took some nice bombs. Stayed in wing and worked well in defense with Penisini. Stronger then his build would suggest.

Hollis- Barley any game time but he pushed defenders back and moves fast across paddock unlike Emu. Also plays ball faster.

Arthurs looked ok but plays a bit like it's in slow motion to the naked eye. Smart and takes good options but needs to speed things up. His defense was poor.

W.Smith showed touches of class and a few average moments but overall best on field.

hindy111

Post Whore
Good to see how far Russell has come along since the start of the season, would like to see him more at fullback instead of Perham/Smith. Also the only thing I can agree with Soward is that we need to give Penisini more early ball

He looks switched on and keeps his eyes on the play. Held his wing well. I thought he outplayed Fergo tbh. Fergo did have a few great runs in 2nd half however.

Kornstar

Coach
I think you're harsh. That team were coming first. Reggies always has brain snaps and it's part of the game. It's all about development IMHO.

I get that but it was a dumb, dumb play to take a player out.

It is about development of course but those development players have to play smart footy and also know how to play their role in a team.

Gazzamatta

Coach
You've got to have realistic expectations with reggies. If you watch the game through an NRL lense, you'll be disappointed every time.
Only with experienced players who should be better Gronky. It's not only Nathan Cleary who's sh*t. 😉

hindy111

Post Whore
You need to stop looking at $80k reserve graders and expect them to play like $400k NRL players. Every time you post about NSW Cup, you sledge players who are not ready for FG. That's just stupid.

No. I am letting guys know who have a chance to make it in future and who won't. Makatao for example isn't NRL level. Grieg was dissapointing also. Hollis had limited mins but the short glimpses showed a guy who has fast leg speed and play the balls. So I can see potential. This is what I am reporting on. Who may have an NRL future.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Loved it at the end of the game when the Tigpie was kicking for penalty goal from 45m out after the siren to tie the game. The "Drummer," positioned under the scoreboard, went absolutely berko on his instrument. The kick fell just under the bar. Pretty good effort considering he had missed plenty throughout the game but our little drummer boy came through at the clutch moment.

Gronk

Staff member
No. I am letting guys know who have a chance to make it in future and who won't. Makatao for example isn't NRL level. Grieg was dissapointing also. Hollis had limited mins but the short glimpses showed a guy who has fast leg speed and play the balls. So I can see potential. This is what I am reporting on. Who may have an NRL future.
Got it, so you have the unique ability of putting the red pen through lower grade players. The club is lucky to have you.

Marata is being talked up like some sort of GOD.
If he was that good he would be playing by now.

hindy111

Post Whore
Got it, so you have the unique ability of putting the red pen through lower grade players. The club is lucky to have you.

Yes. Umm didnI say drop Fergo for Dunster 5 weeks ago? While Pou banged on how he isn't the problem and superior.
Did I comment how Dunster reads the plays well and is very focussed?
Like I said I have a good eye for this stuff. Greig I am not writing off. He needs a big off season and work on passing. At moment he has low skill level and takes of too slow. Plus takes and age to get to his play the ball and is slow in defense which makes a liability.

Hollis has the fundamentals to his game down well. So if he can add a bit more power and some passing he will adjust to NRL far more easily.

Rodwell is an interesting one. Id put him above Hipgrave

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Yes. Umm didnI say drop Fergo for Dunster 5 weeks ago? While Pou banged on how he isn't the problem and superior.
Did I comment how Dunster reads the plays well and is very focussed?
Like I said I have a good eye for this stuff. Greig I am not writing off. He needs a big off season and work on passing. At moment he has low skill level and takes of too slow. Plus takes and age to get to his play the ball and is slow in defense which makes a liability.

Hollis has the fundamentals to his game down well. So if he can add a bit more power and some passing he will adjust to NRL far more easily.

Rodwell is an interesting one. Id put him above Hipgrave
Ferguson is a superior player to Dunster. The latter has started against two very weak teams.

Latest posts