What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knock-on Effect NSW Cup - Eels Team

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
whats the story with Arthur Miller-Stephen

1 game only in Cup at FB, 170 running metres

whats his bio, there is nothing on him anywhere, even his age is not mentioned anywhere

eel01s

Bench
He has good size about him, when he fills out he will be around 95-100kg.

Has never played fullback I don't think, so is still learning. Looks to have pace and willing to put his body in front.

eel01s

Bench
When games done a report on Morretti,Dunster,Betham and Matalele would be great.
Thanks mate.
I thought all mentioned went well. Morretti hits well, I like the look of him. Interesting he played at prop, but the way he plays I think that may be his spot.

Dunster was all class, he seems to take the right option all the time. Unfortunately even though we had a pretty good backline, we never seem to use them.

Mataele is strong and can make great hit ups. If I was coaching he would be taking the ball up receiving it at pace. Too often he is at a standing start. We need to utilise him better.

Betham provided impact off the bench. He hits hard and was keen for work. I liked all the bench forwards they all made an impact.

I still think Ogden and Momosea are useless.

King-Gutho94

Coach
I thought all mentioned went well. Morretti hits well, I like the look of him. Interesting he played at prop, but the way he plays I think that may be his spot.

Dunster was all class, he seems to take the right option all the time. Unfortunately even though we had a pretty good backline, we never seem to use them.

Mataele is strong and can make great hit ups. If I was coaching he would be taking the ball up receiving it at pace. Too often he is at a standing start. We need to utilise him better.

Betham provided impact off the bench. He hits hard and was keen for work. I liked all the bench forwards they all made an impact.

I still think Ogden and Momosea are useless.
Ogden got like a 3 year contract here after 2 months of pre-season what an absolute balls up that was.

Tooooks

Bench
Got the Dragons next week. They had the bye round 1, were flogged by the dogs in round 2 and flogged by the knights round 3.

Gronk

Staff member
Ogden got like a 3 year contract here after 2 months of pre-season what an absolute balls up that was.
He was been disappointing. I guess we don't know how much of the cap he takes up. If he wasn't playing for us he might be driving a forklift, so maybe he's easy to plea$e.

King-Gutho94

Coach
He was been disappointing. I guess we don't know how much of the cap he takes up. If he wasn't playing for us he might be driving a forklift, so maybe he's easy to plea$e.
Wouldn't be on much i would say.

My concern is the clog up a spot in top 30 when its clearly a waste.

JokerEel

First Grade
There's some suggestion that squads will be increased to 38 next year. As you say I don't think he'd be on much so I can't see it really hurting us too bad.

Yeah that is the talk to change it to 38 with the development players allowed to be picked from Round 1.

They should also increase the interchange bench to 6 but keep it at 8 interchanges during a game to cover for all players.

So if you lose a winger have a winger as an option on the bench as bench 5 or 6

JokerEel

First Grade
How does a plodder like that get a 3 year deal?? I mean I suppose the same way a park footballer like Mummamoasia gets two years. Surely you’d be better off giving a top 30 spot to a young bloke??

Hey that park footy player will be on the NRL bench next Thursday!

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Yep, if he’s worth a contract value now why wouldn’t he also be worth it in three years? We will still need backups then.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
How does a plodder like that get a 3 year deal?? I mean I suppose the same way a park footballer like Mummamoasia gets two years. Surely you’d be better off giving a top 30 spot to a young bloke??
Not if that bloke isn’t ready for first grade yet. Ogden has NRL experience for a reason.

Latest posts