What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knock-on Effect NSW Cup - Eels Team

Delboy

First Grade
So much would that be? How much are we under for this year?
Perhaps one of the issues is making the presentation to player managers. Anyone who knows our recruitment team, outside of BA who players seem to generally like, they are earnest, conservative and cautious but unfortunately not at all dynamic ( perhaps that’s an understatement).

It’s strange that given the position of the club across most metrics we don’t seem to able to compete with opportunities outside the cap, anyway guess we have no option but to leave it to those in charge and trust their desire to get things done actually comes to pass.

hindy111

Post Whore
I don't believe we are trying to sign a top 10 centre for the price of a backup - I think we have an amount in mind that we are willing to pay for a centre and we won't go over that amount or it risks upsetting our salary cap. What is obvious is that the club are trying to sign someone where their current club will carry some of the costs (like an early departing Lomax) and this is the probably the only way we get that elite level player without losing someone else we value higher (Moses, Paulo, RCG, Brown, Hopgood, Penisini, Gutho, Matto, etc.).

Decisions on who to sign and how much to pay aren't made in the isolation of having a need and just plugging it. Unfortunately there is not only the complexity of the salary cap to balance, but also committments made for future years and the fact we cannot simply get rid of someone because they are no longer wanted/needed/or able to perform.

And yes, I am disappointed it hasn't been solved however it hasn't been neglected - we simply haven't been able to get the right player, at the right time, for the right price. This totally sux and like everyone I wish it wasn't the case however do you honestly think that the people that matter in the club aren't aware of this failing?

Lomax is not top 10.

Kotoni
Crighton
Herbie
Cobbo
Tago
May
Sualii
Manu
RTS
Wighton
C.Graheme

There is your best 11.

hindy111

Post Whore
I think Lomax's coach had him at position 22 didn't he?

I forgot Gagai and B.Best and V.Holmes. That's 14. Then there's Peninsi and Timoko and the sharks centres.
Firstly I don't beleive what the paper says. I'd say he is on 700k.
He would be owed about 450k for this season. So for this year and the following two he is owed 1.85 - 1.9 mill.

What is he worth? What would Dragons chip in?

I'd say at 550k a season it's a good deal. That's 1.65 mill. So the Dragons would need to chip in 250k over 3 yrs. Lomax may even be open to sacrifice 35k a year to move. So perhaps only 150k from the Dragons. Right now I'd say the Dragons would be happy to get ride of him and his big contract. It's all about how much they have to pay out and minimising it. And that's the reason they are saying we won't release him. Of course they will. It's just protecting their investment and reducing the loss

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Who’s asking for elite, we barely have 5 first grade back options. Russell is improving but still a liability in the air Simmo tries hard but can be a walking brain fart and Sivo is one of the laziest players to pull on an Eels jersey. I wasn’t even gunna bother bringing up Soul Glo who is more rocks and a lot less diamonds than our good friend Waqa Blake.

waiting around for that X factor or even a even a first grade standard is costing us games because we need that player now.

hindy111

Post Whore
Who’s asking for elite, we barely have 5 first grade back options. Russell is improving but still a liability in the air Simmo tries hard but can be a walking brain fart and Sivo is one of the laziest players to pull on an Eels jersey. I wasn’t even gunna bother bringing up Soul Glo who is more rocks and a lot less diamonds than our good friend Waqa Blake.

waiting around for that X factor or even a even a first grade standard is costing us games because we need that player now.

Out best back in the 2-5 is Pensini. He wouldn't rank top 10 centres. Closer to 15th.

the phantom menace

First Grade

1Daejarn Asi
2Isaac Lumelume
3Jake Tago
4Zac Cini
5Haze Dunster
6Brendan Hands
7Ethan Sanders
8Ofahiki Ogden
9Matt Arthur
10Wiremu Greig
11Dan Keir
12Charlie Guymer
13Makahesi Makatoa
14Meni Luke
15Toni Mataele
16Reece Alderton
17Brock Parker
18Kyle Cassel
Greig getting another NSW Cup hitout, maybe rack up more minutes than the last one... perhaps aiming for 50-60min at this level? Although Maka put in 80min last week, so 🤷‍♂️.

No Doorey named here either, after coming off in the 9th minute last week.

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
Greig getting another NSW Cup hitout, maybe rack up more minutes than the last one... perhaps aiming for 50-60min at this level? Although Maka put in 80min last week, so 🤷‍♂️.

No Doorey named here either, after coming off in the 9th minute last week.
Emu may come in when Velma is ruled out. How can he possibly play after his shoulder came off on Friday?