What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knocking on heavens door.

Gene Krupa

Referee
Heaven, heaven is a place, a place where nothing, nothing ever happens! Talking Heads - Heaven

What is your idea of Heaven? What would be the thing that you would most heaven to be?

My idea of heaven is a place where you can do anything or be anyone you want to be. For example, I wish I could have lived my youth not only in the '60s but as one of The Beatles. So I hope that heaven is a place where I can be Paul or John or George or Ringo and live the life they had. I also hope it's a place where I can see all the people I loved during my lifetime and, seeing as I have all eternity, do everything together. Play in the '97 and 01 grand final. Go anywhere in time that I want and live in that moment for as long as I want. That's my idea of heaven.

And please. Let's not make this a theological discussion on whether it exists or not. Just put down what you would like it to be.

madeline

Juniors
heavens in the back seat of my cadalac let me take you there yeah,yeah :lol:

There has to be something better than this but to get there first you have to suffer like Jesus did I don't mean nailed to a cross or anything like that but just living can be torture for some people

~bedsy~

First Grade
I would want heaven to be a place where I can be with my family, freinds and pets. We drink all day, play pool and hang out with jesus.:lol:

Doctor

Bench
I suppose it's not really necessarily what I want it to be, but what I will discover (with the benefit of hindsight) that I really need. Heaven will be incredible -- far greater than my understanding of enjoyment, happiness and a feeling of being valued.

To borrow sections from The Message:

Filled with light, like the most precious of stone, clear as crystal, big grand walls made of the same stone, lots of shiny stuff, a city so massive that it is unfathomable, made of jasper, pure gold like glass, built on foundations of all kinds of precious stones. The first foundation made of jasper; the second, sapphire; the third, chalcedony; the fourth, emerald; the fifth, sardonyx; the sixth, sardius; the seventh, chrysolite; the eighth, beryl; the ninth, topaz; the tenth, chrysoprasus; the eleventh, jacinth; and the twelfth, amethyst.

A city with no need for the sun, or the moon. A place where nothing profane can enter.

That's what my thoughts on heaven are.