What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 20 vs South Sydney @ Industree Group Stadium, Gosford / Darkinjung

Who will win? Round 20: South Sydney v Wests Tigers

• South Sydney Rabbitohs 13+

Votes: 8 80.0%
  • South Sydney Rabbitohs 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

• Wests Tigers 1-12

• Wests Tigers 13+

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fordy20

Juniors
Why did Galvin pass to Lualilii before the try to make it 40 he had already run past him? Stupid decisions. The boys just need to calm down, when we’re not playing panicky footy we’re playing good footy, there’s too much trying to force the play when it’s just not there. It’s so frustrating to watch

The old heads are supposed to be a calming influence to prevent the panicky footy, but they don't seem to have any influence at all

Pezz70

Juniors
We continue to find ways to beat ourselves.
Just trying to press too many plays, the rabbits have had a lot of ball today and we have helped them along with trying to force the impossible play. Guys need to realise that the way to win is to play percentage footy. They’ve shown glimpses of good footy but our defence needs some proper work. Even when we’re obviously beaten we try force a play. This shit kills me. These coaches must see what’s going on, I’m no footy expert but it seems pretty obvious from outside what’s going on. I’d be making John Morris watch every Penrith game since Ivan Cleary got back and tear apart their defensive systems and develop our boys along the same lines. When there’s a formula that works you adopt it and adapt it to get better.

Last edited:

Pezz70

Juniors
I need to know what was going on with Lualilii today, he was all over the park and Samuela Fainu was on the wing in attack a lot. I don’t like it, it’s stupid and if Benji gave him that rein Benji needs to rethink his position as no1 coach, if Luke was doing it of his own back he needs a stint in NSW Cup. It was really ordinary but I’m thinking it was a young bloke trying his hardest (not his smartest) to do something to change the game for his team.

Last edited:

simmo1

First Grade
That will probably be the end of Sezers tigers career. I am sure the NRL will give him a suspension about twice as long as Dom Young or Suaalii for taking opposition's heads off.

Pezz70

Juniors
Fainu was one of our best in his short time. Galvin had some poor moments.
I feel for the young blokes, they’re skilled players at their level and used to winning, they tend to push their hand when they’re are against it, they want to win, but because most of them have been successful all through their junior footy and haven’t had to deal with the adversity, they get a bit jittery instead of just playing good percentage footy they slip into trying too hard to turn something into nothing. They’ve got to realise that if they just play the percentages in attack and defend strong the opportunities for points will come.

The thing with Latu was that he was out there waving his arms around and telling the boys what he wanted. I liked that and he did look like he could hold a ball. We are nowhere atm, he’d be playing no 7 for the rest of the season if I was Benji or at least a good portion of it. Need to get the defence right in the next few weeks otherwise next year is a fair chance of more wood. Can’t keep having 40 scored against you

Tiger05

First Grade
I feel for the young blokes, they’re skilled players at their level and used to winning, they tend to push their hand when they’re are against it, they want to win, but because most of them have been successful all through their junior footy and haven’t had to deal with the adversity, they get a bit jittery instead of just playing good percentage footy they slip into trying too hard to turn something into nothing. They’ve got to realise that if they just play the percentages in attack and defend strong the opportunities for points will come.

The thing with Latu was that he was out there waving his arms around and telling the boys what he wanted. I liked that and he did look like he could hold a ball. We are nowhere atm, he’d be playing no 7 for the rest of the season if I was Benji or at least a good portion of it. Need to get the defence right in the next few weeks otherwise next year is a fair chance of more wood. Can’t keep having 40 scored against you

I think the younger guys have been good. Laulilii had some good moments but he also completely stuffed that game for us. It sucks but if he learns from it then it's okay.

We need to get our discipline right and our defense right as well but we also need to be able to attack. We won't win many games unless we can score some points.

Latu was impressive. Sezer wasn't good. Latu/Galvin in the halves and let's see how they go.

This!!!

From an outsider looking in, Wests are being let down by the so called experienced players.
Klemmer, Bateman and Sezer need to be better. The Kids cant do everything, but they sure are out shining the veterans.

Nutz

Bench
I think the younger guys have been good. Laulilii had some good moments but he also completely stuffed that game for us. It sucks but if he learns from it then it's okay.

We need to get our discipline right and our defense right as well but we also need to be able to attack. We won't win many games unless we can score some points.

Latu was impressive. Sezer wasn't good. Latu/Galvin in the halves and let's see how they go.
Laulilii brain explosions weren't help by Bula and co. We have to perserve with him. It's nice to have speed and energy on the wings for a change as Staines was one of our best on the other wing. Even running the ball out from our line a few times was cool for a little bloke.
The three brothers had a good hit out.

Tiger05

First Grade
Laulilii brain explosions weren't help by Bula and co. We have to perserve with him. It's nice to have speed and energy on the wings for a change as Staines was one of our best on the other wing. Even running the ball out from our line a few times was cool for a little bloke.
The three brothers had a good hit out.

I reckon Laulilii stuffed up on his own but he had plenty of good moments as well. He'll get plenty of chances but next year we have Turuva, Staines, To'a, Olam and Doueihi in the outside backs.

Staines was good. It was good to see him make a bust on the kick return and score a good try. I like him.

The three brothers are looking good. They are all different players as well. Sione up the middle, Samuela on the edge and Latu ball playing. They add a lot to our team.

Last edited:

Nutz

Bench
Staines was good. It was good to see him make a bust on the kick return and score a good try. The three brothers are looking good.
Yeh it's the energy and speed of play that I liked. We scored enough points to win but as it's been said earlier, inexperienced players passed when they should have taken the tackle or pushed the pass.
I wish our first pass was always out in front of the receiver from the dummyhalf or scrummage.
Laulilii was passed an untimely awkward ball with the sun in his eyes which made the young fella look stupid.
I liked the free flowing style of footy that hopefully we can gradually improve on. Combos are forming like S. Fianu and Galvin.
BUT our experienced players need to show composure and guide the youngins.

Pezz70

Juniors
I think it depends on Api, a spine of Bula/Galvin/Fainu/Da Silva is a little inexperienced for mine.
They were alright in attack, I was pretty impressed by Da Silva. He made the rabbits look proper silly a few times. Pretty good game. Don’t know if he can kick, but if he has that in his kit, he will be one to watch next year. We need to keep him

Nutz

Bench
They were alright in attack, I was pretty impressed by Da Silva. He made the rabbits look proper silly a few times. Pretty good game. Don’t know if he can kick, but if he has that in his kit, he will be one to watch next year. We need to keep him
Absolutely. I've seen him fill in at half a couple of times this year but I'm unsure if that was because of an injury and yes he can grubber and box.
According to rhythmand stealth he's never played ½ in a starting position.
He showed skill of a marquee hooker today, a lot off broken play and good hit ups.
Him and Galvin rewound the clock playing together and looked like they were having fun.
In all fairness to Benji, he has given a lot of debutantes a hit out and that is exactly what we need moving fwd.
Galvin is starting to show benefit from game time even though there were a couple of bad options but he and Luai should be great.
Da Silva will make a good bench player next year to give Api a spell now and then.