What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kobe announces Retirement

Wizardman

First Grade
Its an interesting point you all bring up. It?s a pity he had to be the best player of his generation, because like Jordan, Kobe was a selfish prick. The man wasn?t humble, he didn?t care about others, his team, it was all about winning. His mentality was only the strong survive, which to me, sends the wrong message in our society.

Look at Step Curry, LBJ & Durant - they all want to win too, but in addition to working hard, they also promote team work, helping others, being humble, and openingly thankful for the opportunities life has brought them. These message and themes resonates in all facets of life outside of BB.

In short, great basketball player, but flawed role model for our generation.

Good points raised there mate. Kobe pretty much led what I call the ?Selfish Era? of NBA basketball. Individual talent style basketball which unfortunately most teams got sucked into playing. Im not a fan of them, but thank god for the Spurs (a team that resisted selfish era play with much success).
Kobe was the leader, but he had many disciples. Vince Carter, Tracy McGrady, Allen Iverson, Gilbert Areanas, Dwayne Wade to name a few. Thing about those guys is (apart from Kobe), none of them will be remembered as a great of the game. I?d argue that early days LeBron was more concerned about his statline than playing as a team. To LeBron?s credit, he is definitely more of a team player now than he ever was.

McLovin

Staff member
In saying that, my team is top heavy with no fking depth. Best rebounder (by a mile) in the league and Dwight Howard is his backup, two of the best assistmen (ranked 1 and 3) in the league, Lebron, and f**k all else...

I'm blaming Kobe and his cancerous play and the being robbed of Okafor and Morris...;-)

Last edited:

Aragorn

First Grade
In saying that, my team is top heavy with no fking depth. Best rebounder (by a mile) in the league and Dwight Howard is his backup, two of the best assistmen (ranked 1 and 3) in the league, Lebron, and f**k all else...

I'm blaming Kobe and his cancerous play and the being robbed of Okafor and Morris...;-)

mate you drafted all the old unreliable has-beens.

Rose? Kobe? Rubio? Howard? I'll admit, Rondo you go lucky with, he's had health issues and attitude problems in the past so happy you're getting good returns from him, but your roster who have been lethal - 10 years ago.... oh an KMart... all injury proned players....

My offer for Rondo and Randle still stands if you want Wiggins though ;-):lol:

Aragorn

First Grade
I don't know if I can watch 60 more games of Kobe jacking up shots. The novelty is wearing thin with me but the media are still stroking his ego hard. It blows my mind that he doesn't seem to get it that his performance right now is literally D league material. Byron Scott needs to bench him but we all know he won't do it. He's Kobes #1 fan boy. That and plus the fact General Tank master Scott is after the #1 pick in the draft next year. Some Aussie kid name Ben Simmons ?! what a gem he is going to be for the game.

Back onto Kobe. It's a little sad but I ain't shedding no tears. Father Time has literally stabbed him in the back overnight. His step backs, pump fakes, low post moves - all gone.Literally. What you have left is a guy jacking up 3's all night trying to rekindle his past glory days.

McLovin

Staff member
I believe Byron Scott was quoted as saying something along the lines of "he's earned the right to shoot the way he does. The others haven't earned that right". I'll see if I can find the article. Scott is a dead set potato imo. Wouldn't surprise me if someone upstairs had given him strict instructions to keep the pick in the draft.

Mike D'Antoni would be a great coach for these young guys imo. Having Russell running breaks with Randle and Clarkson...

ByRd

First Grade
Last game coming up tomorrow, I can't believe it's here, it is Going to be so weird seeing the Lakers without him, hate him or love him, you can't help but respect him.

I've taken the day off work so I don't miss a thing, I think there is a high chance that a shed a tear or two, Thank you Kobe.

SDM

First Grade
Retires a bigger ball hog than Gallen. The Lakers can finally think about re-building.

ByRd

First Grade
Cry me a river, who gives a sh!t how many shots he took, that's how you go out, 60 points!!!!!! Love me or hate me but you will respect me, thank you Kobe!!!!

Deacon

First Grade
not even hes biggest haters could deny him a finish like that, enjoy retirement Black Mamba

nick87

Coach
Warriors breaks the Bulls 72 game record with team ball that enables a superstar to be the league's leading scorer

Lakers struggle to overcome a sub .500 Jazz team to finish SEVENTEEN and SIXTY FIVE! whilst Kobe jacks up 22/50 chasing the emptiest 60 point game of all time.

All respect to him for a wonderful career and he's one of the best to do it, but that was EVERYTHING that's wrong with the Lakers. They'll will be better off with this version of Kobe

18to87

First Grade
not even hes biggest haters could deny him a finish like that, enjoy retirement Black Mamba

That was incredible. What a comeback. Who writes these finishes? Jeter, Manning, now Kobe. When he hit that go ahead jumped - I don't think I have ever yelled that loud for a team I don't support.

lafai

Bench
Warriors breaks the Bulls 72 game record with team ball that enables a superstar to be the league's leading scorer

Lakers struggle to overcome a sub .500 Jazz team to finish SEVENTEEN and SIXTY FIVE! whilst Kobe jacks up 22/50 chasing the emptiest 60 point game of all time.

All respect to him for a wonderful career and he's one of the best to do it, but that was EVERYTHING that's wrong with the Lakers. They'll will be better off with this version of Kobe

Isn't that like 44%? Still decent and it was his last game you really think he cared about passing? But you're right tbh

Latest posts