What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

KOE (ex Canterbury Cup) and Jersey Flegg

TheRev

Coach
Been a few dud results in the junior results this morning, esp the U17 mens, but the Dragons SG ball side is still in front in the 2nd half, looking at their pack.. it has basically every gun junior forward in it.. even the bench is stacked (Hutchinson, Pasifika Tonga, Hikili, Latu, Stanley-Traill and Ackers), so I dont know about the backs, but they will have a platform.....

Note: The Dragons sides are playing Penrith, so they certainly are up against it!

TheRev

Coach
Thought we had lost after holding penrith out for most of the game.. defence must have beem immense (note I am just F5ing the nswrl website), then that try on the siren, outstanding.. our future forward pack at work.

Note: Steelers SG are pulling away now after being behind early.. up 26-12.

Last edited:

TheRev

Coach
Flegg starts next week, I wonder how many kids will stay down or go up? I mentioned before the Rorters are apparently leaving all their kids down to go for a kill in SG Ball.

Parko1310

Juniors
Flegg starts next week, I wonder how many kids will stay down or go up? I mentioned before the Rorters are apparently leaving all their kids down to go for a kill in SG Ball.
We will do the same thing and progress the ones that are ready for Flegg after the SG season has finished I would think. St George could give the comp a bit of a shake I reckon

TheRev

Coach
so @ the 30min mark the Steelers SG were down 0-6 against Souths, but went on to win 26-12.. great day for us tbh.

Some of the names that stand out to me in that squad are Hayden Buchanan (Ctr), Lhykan King-Togia (5/8), Kade Reed (Halfback), I dont know many of the others, but the pack must have done well too... There are 2xAmones in the side too, no idea if they are brothers of Junior?

Note both U17 sides got unfortunately flogged in Harold Matthews, Penrith 44 - Dragons 4, Souths 52 - Steelers 6.

Note: It must be very difficult for these 2 sides to compete with Non-Merged squads.. even though it gives more kids opportunities.

randomdragon

Juniors
so @ the 30min mark the Steelers SG were down 0-6 against Souths, but went on to win 26-12.. great day for us tbh.

Some of the names that stand out to me in that squad are Hayden Buchanan (Ctr), Lhykan King-Togia (5/8), Kade Reed (Halfback), I dont know many of the others, but the pack must have done well too... There are 2xAmones in the side too, no idea if they are brothers of Junior?

Note both U17 sides got unfortunately flogged in Harold Matthews, Penrith 44 - Dragons 4, Souths 52 - Steelers 6.

Note: It must be very difficult for these 2 sides to compete with Non-Merged squads.. even though it gives more kids opportunities.
I don't think the non-merged thing is a fair assumption. tigers have 2 squads, Melbourne have 2 squads. it's down to recruitment. St George have struggled a lot recently but struck gold with matt rogers, steelers generally only recruit in their catchment

TheRev

Coach
Not sure which is the best thread, but they have the SG Ball highlights, Steelers are at 0m0s, Dragons 2m52s:

Coverage:

Note: You can grab player jersey numbers/names from here:

Few players in the Dragons game (other than the usual suspects) I thought were interesting:
1) TylerPeckham-Harris: Like was already mentioned, he might end up too small, but time and time again he is tackling someone, getting up and tackling another.. like its Ramsey type enthusiasm. he is tiny though..
5) Jesse Williams: Has a real power and acceleration in that frame.. looks very athletic.. scored some good tries, def gonna keep an eye on that one.