What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

KOE (ex Canterbury Cup) and Jersey Flegg

Runner

Juniors
NSW Cup Notes (in progress -12-4 - Half Time):
o Both wingers look like they r keen to impress early.. bet Flanno has had a chat about 1st grade spots... Tamale gave away a penalty though that led to a freakish try from the roosters.
o Tamale then put on some great footwork and put Johnson away who ran the length but Gromek took him over the sideline at the last minute.. cant believe we bombed it.
o Tamale again using raw skill just beat a bunch of defenders to score under the post..
o Muhleissen if he just had acceleration.. he does all the right things, but hes in quicksand trying to accelerate into the space.
o Rly weird watching names like Gromek and Clark-Wood play against us.. the players who scored the try and stopped 1.
o Marschke looks really out of sorts.. like he doesnt know what hes doing.. stop start bit slow to accelerate, I wonder if he would be more comortable as a 6 not a 7.. Ralph has been rly good so far running off him though. In general though our attack is just unimaginitive and slow.. throw in Feagai also slow.... not taking advantage of our good ball.. but were a very solid team with so many fringe first graders.
o SFinau had a great charge but lost the ball.. came up with a good tackle later in the set on our line.. thankfully we repelled them.
o MMolo is a lot more effective at this level.. lots of post contact metres.
o Got a bit lucky, but another try to Tamale, did rly well to get the ball back under the posts.. makes a huge difference, especially with average goalkickers.. its why we lost last week.
o Marschke is taking too long to make his decisions.. you can see him thinking.. its been a long time I suspect since he had to make decisions like this.. but.. this time he got a grubber away there which was a great pickup for Ralph to grab it and score under the posts yet again.. to be 18-4 just before halftime.
Couchmans both doing well with some good second phase offloads. I think this is the best I have seen Tamale play.

Fifita is really disappointing. He is going to have to improve his intensity and ball handling if he is going to make it. He juggled a simple one but luckily held on to it. That is not an isolated incident in the matches I have seen him play though.

Runner

Juniors
For the second week in a row they shot themselves in the foot to lose. Very poor second half.

Not a lot to get excited about with that lot for the future NRL team. Tamale and Couchmans really about it.

I had some hopes for Finau but he was ordinary again today.

Dylan Eagan may be a workhorse in defence but is small and doesn’t show much in attack.

Marschke was poor. Ralph was good but I don’t think he will threaten for NRL.

Feagais - we will need to have a lot of injured players for them to ever see first grade again.

TheRev

First Grade
Tamale rly put his name up.. definitely some potential in him.. its just what we do with his patience / contract etc.. also Williams is a right side winger.. Tamale could perhaps start on the wing and move to the centres in time..

Runner

Juniors
I also couldn’t understand why they away from attacking down their left-hand side, which was so successful in the first half. What little attack they had in the second half seemed to go right. Not sure what the reasoning was for this.

KogarahWarrior

Juniors
Yes for whatever reason they copped the wrong end of the penalty count and decisions.
Whatever reason? It's because Chris Sutton is a muppet

I don't think I've been more baffled by too many decisions more than when Amone made a break (how?) in 2022 against the Warriors, Walsh held him for forever for a clear professional foul and he penalised Walsh for a leg pull instead. Honestly was mind boggling

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
Whatever reason? It's because Chris Sutton is a muppet

I don't think I've been more baffled by too many decisions more than when Amone made a break (how?) in 2022 against the Warriors, Walsh held him for forever for a clear professional foul and he penalised Walsh for a leg pull instead. Honestly was mind boggling
Chris Sutton is the worst ref ever..

Dragonsteve2

Juniors
Dumb coaching or dumb execution. Like the past deCade no pressure from cup players to NRL . How bad did Russell look ?
Hope Ball saves our week.
Denis, always respect your views but I am opposed to you today and it seems opposed to everyone else.

My key points:
1. Loss largely down to a stupid sinbinning by Ryan C. Involved in a scuffle which he got away with. But then dinbinned I assume for mouthing off at the red. Oh so dumb .His 10 mins allowed the Roosters to get back into
2. Marschke made some terrible handling and kicking blunders. The team looked better with the Pom (?) at half
3. I thought, contrary to others, that this was the best I had seen from Fifita. A number of very strong runs. Yes a penalty for a leg pull was a shocker but he made inroads
4.Agree that Tamale looked good.
5. Michael Molo very strong, so too the Couchmsns.
6. Despite successive last minute losses this is a decent team, far better than the rabble of the last few years.

Jersey Flegg - opposite story! Coming from 6-24 down with 20 mins to play the Dragons scored 5 unanswered tries to win 30-24.

Nick Tsgranis an absolute stand out in the last 20 mins. Huge run up to take a ball at great speed to completely brake the Roosters line. Only his 3rd game bac from injury the fightback occurred all round him. He just looked too good for this comp.
The other guy who really impressed me was King-Togis. Looked a much better team with him on..
Also the first time that Jett Liu has impressed me. An absolute monster he got the team moving forward.

TheRev

First Grade
Nick Tsgranis an absolute stand out in the last 20 mins. Huge run up to take a ball at great speed to completely brake the Roosters line. Only his 3rd game bac from injury the fightback occurred all round him. He just looked too good for this comp.
The other guy who really impressed me was King-Togis. Looked a much better team with him on..
Also the first time that Jett Liu has impressed me. An absolute monster he got the team moving forward.
NickyT for me the first choice 2nd rower for NSW Cup.. I think his injury held him back.. him and RyanC and maybe Egan off the bench.. something like that..

Need to get Reed & King Togia moving up imo.. its harsh on other players but these r the guys training with 1st grade.. lets get them moving.. lets see what they can do.