What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

KOE (ex Canterbury Cup) and Jersey Flegg

JubileeJeffro

Juniors
There is a risk Flanno snr drops bird into 6 once flanno junior suspended for biting.
suspect he might get 6-8 weeks for that.
I think Marschke or LKT a better option.
Toby in for Sele
Feagai in for Suli, I think they said possible mcl so maybe 3-4 weeks
Will test us big time running into the finals

Geez Fifita is a mistake machine.
Checked the play by play details of the game, and Fifita and Tamale feature as far as mistakes go.
Fifita also penalised for a dangerous tackle, so maybe another suspension coming up??
Thought Flanagan might persevere with Fifita for 2025, but I am now convinced he will be released.
Plenty of young big props running around in the lower grades looking for an opportunity.

TheRev

First Grade
o TobyC is an easy choice onto the bench for either Lawrie or Sele.. but that might leave Lawrie for the last spot.. its him or MMolo.

o If Kyle isnt playing (I hope hes fine though), its Marshke next.. probablyt Brown behind that, both have been playing 6 or 7 in cup. LKT I dont think has a contract but Marshke is miles in front of him.

o Matt Feagai by coincidence played left ctr yesterday so easy choice for him to replace Suli.

JubileeJeffro

Juniors
o TobyC is an easy choice onto the bench for either Lawrie or Sele.. but that might leave Lawrie for the last spot.. its him or MMolo.

o If Kyle isnt playing (I hope hes fine though), its Marshke next.. probablyt Brown behind that, both have been playing 6 or 7 in cup. LKT I dont think has a contract but Marshke is miles in front of him.

o Matt Feagai by coincidence played left ctr yesterday so easy choice for him to replace Suli.
Kyle straight to judiciary, he is in trouble. Media all over it. 6-8 wks I reckon. Time for Marshke to step up.

Runner

Juniors
Checked the play by play details of the game, and Fifita and Tamale feature as far as mistakes go.
Fifita also penalised for a dangerous tackle, so maybe another suspension coming up??
Thought Flanagan might persevere with Fifita for 2025, but I am now convinced he will be released.
Plenty of young big props running around in the lower grades looking for an opportunity.
He does make an impact with his runs but can lose the ball when contact is made with the defence line or when he tries to get a quick play the ball. He tends to fly in with his defence to make a big hit which is where he gets into trouble if the point of contact is out.

More attention to ball security should be a priority.

He does make an impact with his runs but can lose the ball when contact is made with the defence line or when he tries to get a quick play the ball. He tends to fly in with his defence to make a big hit which is where he gets into trouble if the point of contact is out.

More attention to ball security should be a priority.
Runner, do you think Flanagan will keep Fifita for 2025??

TheRev

First Grade
I think Rava/Bird are first to go, but over the next 3-6 months.. if he wants another position, it shouldnt hard to get rid of Fifita, hes sellable. Lawrie is a harder one.. if he can sell him he will but I dunno if its happening..

TheRev

First Grade
I will say Fifita has improved recently, might be 4 good carries instead of 2 etc.. though the suspensions are not helping him get consistent football.. and yesterday was gross.. he has poor ball security its one of my pet hates cause it makes winning so much harder with cheap turnovers early in the tackle count.

Tonga is 4yrs younger but already surpassing Fifita in terms of impact, definitely in terms of minutes.work-rate, and he holds onto that pill.. hes rly strong.. I mean we need more than just Tonga.. I think Latu is next, he was 18th man on the weekend... it is tricky because with the couchies moving up a grade & BMM goes.... its left a bit of a hole in cup.. and if Alec and Fifita go too its a bit of a hole that some flegg guys might try to fill.. but given that Alec and Fifita r eating Top30 spots.. not even development spots.. thats 2 spots we can get back.

Note: We might have Lawrie, MMolo and even FMolo in reserves next year though.. if Flanno does buy 2 big props and pushes a few down..

Runner

Juniors
I will say Fifita has improved recently, might be 4 good carries instead of 2 etc.. though the suspensions are not helping him get consistent football.. and yesterday was gross.. he has poor ball security its one of my pet hates cause it makes winning so much harder with cheap turnovers early in the tackle count.

Tonga is 4yrs younger but already surpassing Fifita in terms of impact, definitely in terms of minutes.work-rate, and he holds onto that pill.. hes rly strong.. I mean we need more than just Tonga.. I think Latu is next, he was 18th man on the weekend... it is tricky because with the couchies moving up a grade & BMM goes.... its left a bit of a hole in cup.. and if Alec and Fifita go too its a bit of a hole that some flegg guys might try to fill.. but given that Alec and Fifita r eating Top30 spots.. not even development spots.. thats 2 spots we can get back.

Note: We might have Lawrie, MMolo and even FMolo in reserves next year though.. if Flanno does buy 2 big props and pushes a few down..
Let’s hope Tonga is going to be somewhere near as good as AFB. From my memory of watching AFB when he played for us at around the same age Tonga shows just as much promise.

TheRev

First Grade
Let’s hope Tonga is going to be somewhere near as good as AFB. From my memory of watching AFB when he played for us at around the same age Tonga shows just as much promise.
You got me thinking now.. AFB debuted in first grade at about 20.5 to 21yrs old.. and Tonga would be 19ish now, 20ish by the time he gets a game off the bench late next year? Pretty spot on with AFB.

Toby Couchman debuted last year @19.. was probably a bit young but fast forward to now and they are in that magic 20.5 to 21yr range.. and both Couchies are starting to look very comfortable now.. seems a good age for the exceptional ones!

Runner

Juniors
You got me thinking now.. AFB debuted in first grade at about 20.5 to 21yrs old.. and Tonga would be 19ish now, 20ish by the time he gets a game off the bench late next year? Pretty spot on with AFB.

Toby Couchman debuted last year @19.. was probably a bit young but fast forward to now and they are in that magic 20.5 to 21yr range.. and both Couchies are starting to look very comfortable now.. seems a good age for the exceptional ones!
I was particularly thinking of when AFB played NYC for us about 10 years ago and comparing what I remember of his performances to Tonga now at around the same age. Hopefully Tonga does get a few games in NRL late next year. Even in the couple of KOE games this year he seems to be adjusting to the step up really quickly.

Yes both Couchies did the same.

If we can keep all the good young forwards we may live long enough to see the reincarnation of Bath’s babes

Tonga
Coachman
Coachman
Latu
Tsougranis
Egan
Am sure I have forgotten a few

Latest posts