What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

KOTW - round 23

KOTW

• Salkeld

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooper

• Tighe

• Quinn

• Buderus

• Woolnough

• Simpson

• Newton

• Tanner

• Tolar

• White

• Brown

• Total voters

roopy

Referee
Carry over points;

128 - Johns
104 - Buderus
74 - Newton
54 - Simpson
40 - Cooper
39 - Seage
35 - Smith
34 - Thaiday
33 - Carmont
30 - Mullen
18 - Quigley
16 - Salkeld
13 - Woolnough
10 - Campbell
9 - Witt, Tighe
8 - Matt Gidley, Kurt Gidley
7 - Tanner
6 - Reynoldson
5 - Worth
4 - White, Abraham, Hughes, Snowden, Tolar
3 - Mueller
2 - Kennedy, Quinn, Lowrie, Perry
1 - Hancock, Brown, Price

Jono078

Referee
Joey, hard to go past him, and Id like to say, Quinn had one of his best games in awhile, I hope he can keep it up.

Good on all the team though.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
:-k Decisions, decisions, decisions. Not really a bad player out there last night, but if I was forced to choose an individual, which I am, it'd have to be Joey. However, Tighe was good, as was Thaiday, as was Quinn etc etc etc.

roopy

Referee
I picked Kidley because it was clear that he adds an extra option in the playmaking department, and he and Johns are finally working well together.
He threw some dodgy passes, but he also put us on attack almost as often as Johns did - and also, everytime a crucial tackle was made I'd look to see who made it - and most times it was Kidley.
I've voted for Johns the last two weeks, so I had to give it to a big improver this week.

Alex28

Coach
Agree Roopy - for this poll to be fair dinkum people have to pick the player of the week - the best player of the week...not an encouragement award. Kidley was not good at all in the first half - here are his stats:

Tackles - 26
Offloads - 2
Kicks - 2
Linebreaks - 1
Hitups - 11
Metres - 67 (Johns made 36 metres off 4 hitups)
Errors - 3 (most by any Knights player)
Missed Tackles - 3 (second most behind Johns and equal with Salkeld)

To be honest I don't think they are good enough, and I don't think he should even be in First Grade. Plenty of hitups but no metres (Tighe averaged 12 metres per hitup - twice as many metres than Kidley), missed tackles against diabolical opposition and too many errors.

Doctor

Bench
thuganomics said:
I think Roopy forgot to make it a sticky

Roopy was supposed to have handed in his powers -- perhaps this is why it's not stickified. I've asked Les to take charge of the stickification of weekly threads.... hopefully it will be stickied.

As for the best player: for the first 15 minutes it was Brad Tighe. One try to the centre, and then he set up Quinn. But from there on it was all Johns. I hate the way the Sydney media announce that every Knights win is down to Johns -- it's lazy journalism and ignorant of the way the likes of Newton, Simpson, Smith, Buderus, Tighe, Thaiday and others are playing. Even when Johns had a Barry last week, he still earned wraps from the Sydney media, with one stroke of the paintbrush as "Johns inspires Knights to another win".

But the difference was that this week Johns controlled the ball brilliantly, and set up the bulk of the tries. Plenty of short balls from close-range (Newton's try a perfect example), and in general he dominated (picking up a try himself). There's no doubt he was the best player of an incredible bunch of players. It's more a case of who didn't deserve the MOTM honours.... I can't think of anyone.

Stranger

Coach
Kurt Kiddley made a few very good try-savers one that i thought was going to be a certain try to peach.

Smith and Wolly were outstanding!

Johns Johns Johns

Andy

First Grade
Quinny was fantastic the other night. His strong running and the way he broke out of tackles reminded me of Adam MacDougall when he was at his best.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Just watched the first half on FoxSports and you really can't go past Johns. Simpson, Thaidy, Tighe, and Buderus were all outstanding - but Johns really orchestrated everything brilliantly.

I usually try not to vote for Johns, because everyone else does, but this week I just can't vote for anyone else. A masterclass in attacking halfback play... was in everything but a bath and controlled the game from the 1st minute.

Honourable mentions - Newton, Tighe, Thaiday, and Buderus.

Latest posts