What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

KOTW Vs Panthers Rd 13

Jono078

Referee
Reminder: You have 6 points to give away, and a player can only receive a maximum 3 points.

Leaderboard:

# Player Total
1 Akuila Uate 287
2 Cory Paterson 246
3 Ben Cross 133
4 Ben Rogers 84
5 Steve Simpson 81
6 Cooper Vuna 57
7 Matt Hilder 48
8 Kurt Gidley 44
9 Scott Dureau 38
10 Isaac De Gois 32
11 Zeb Taia 32
12 Jarrod Mullen 32
13 Mark Taufua 32
14 Adam MacDougall 31
15 Keith Lulia 31
16 Shannon McDonnell 24
17 Cameron Ciraldo 19
18 Evarn Tuimavave 17
19 Junior Sau 17
20 Daniel Tolar 7
21 Richie Fa'aoso 4
22 Con Mika 4
23 Wes Naiqama 3

My points:

3 Uate
2 Gidley
1 Cross

Last edited:

Joker's Wild

Coach
3. Hilder Was every where and ran good lines
2. Uate Despite being outside Sau all game managed to score one of the most athletic tries your likely to see
1. Fa'aoso Ran hard and tackled harder. Back to his most damaging best tonight

chinorocks

Juniors
3 Uate - touched it about 5 times, still scored a try no one else would have, made a couple of breaks...all quality. Now get him back on the right, or better yet at fullback.

2 Fass - made an impact, which is more than I can say for almost everyone.

1 Gids - set up both trys, tackled his heart out.

Honourable mentions to Wes who played the worst 10 mins of football since Justin Ryder and Shannon for being the super reliable safe as houses super fullback that so many claim him to be.

Johns Magic

Referee
There should be a disclaimer at the start of every KOTW thread that you actually have to have watched the game to vote.

perverse

Referee
3 - Uate - top notch game from him... somehow. lacked involvement in the first half.. but what a star. one of the few things we have to be happy about.
1 - Zeb - had a dig... defended well and not too much nonsense. didn't need to throw the ball over the sideline, though... it was obvious that the play wasn't on.
1 - Hilder - actually went alright with the ball in hand tonight... would like to see him continue to develop that aspect of his game.
1 - Fa'aoso - the only prop with genuine ticker in our team. played his role as an impact bench forward to perfection. i would expect the exact same game from him if we pumped a team by 30.

Serc

First Grade
lol...some points fails in here tonight after Jono's reminder in bold right at the start!

I'm going to call it now - Aku will win KOTW this year.

3 - Hilder
2 - Uate
1 - Tolar

Also some damaging runs by Fa'aoso...keep it up! I hope for even more next round.

Last edited:

perverse

Referee
Zeb? Tolar? De Gois?

Getting votes.... That'll do me.

Hilder - 4.
Uate - 2. - Tried but very limited opportunities.
wtf did Zeb do poorly other than a single dud pass? tackled his backside off, that's for sure. moreso than your 4 point man Hilder.

De Gois... well i'm not sure what has happened to him this year.

Jono078

Referee
To me there seems to be a lacking quality to those who were good last year.

They all look a step off the mark. Taia, Hilder, Fa'aoso, De Gois. Don't know what it is but none of them have hit the heights of last season.

Serc

First Grade
Well maybe its easy to plump for the current leader...but perhaps what I should've said was "who would've thought Aku could win KOTW at the start of the year?"

Anyway I'll quit clogging up the thread and will edit my first post with my points later on :)

perverse

Referee
To me there seems to be a lacking quality to those who were good last year.

They all look a step off the mark. Taia, Hilder, Fa'aoso, De Gois. Don't know what it is but none of them have hit the heights of last season.
to be honest i think Taia, Hilder and Fa'aoso are giving us nearly the same at this stage (not earlier in the year, but where they are at now)... it's more that we're not geting much from many others around them. Fa'oaso took a long time to warm to this year... but is having a good crack every match now. Taia has had an absolutely shocking year as far as coming back from injury goes (you can see his knee is still heavily strapped). Hilder i think is actually improving with the ball in hands... and as always gets through plenty of tackles.

De Gois has definitely gone backwards, though. not sure what's going on there.

we are missing Houston severely imo... from both a leadership perspective and his no nonsense approach when required. can anyone really pick a player out that has replaced Houstons workload and attitude? he was pretty immense for us last year at times. Tuimavave certainly didn't live up to my (or anyone elses even.. and most were much lower) expectations.

Last edited:
wtf did Zeb do poorly other than a single dud pass? tackled his backside off, that's for sure. moreso than your 4 point man Hilder.

De Gois... well i'm not sure what has happened to him this year.

Zeb was pretty much MIA the entire match and had zero impact.

Perverse once again we'll agree to disagree rather then get hostile.

Jono078

Referee
Nuh I still maintain that last year each of those I mentioned had a bit more quality and purpose to their game. This year they are still there but just don't look right or offer as much. Sure they still run and tackle, but they havn't provided those quality plays that made a difference to our team.

Just my opinion anyway. I think at least we can both agree there is still room for improvement in the 4 of them.

perverse

Referee
Zeb was pretty much MIA the entire match and had zero impact.

Perverse once again we'll agree to disagree rather then get hostile.
indeed, i'm happy to agree with myself that you are completely wrong. our second rowers arn't up-the-guts type players, they are wide running ball players... and no wide runner ball player on the planet could do their thing effectively with the go-forward from our engine room tonight. our prop forwards are letting us down most of all (in fact, i think you will find that Zeb ran as much, if not more often than any of our props).