What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kurri Kurri 7's 17th Feb

girvie

Staff member
I was wondering if anyone knew anything about the Kurri Kurri 7's which are being held at Kurri Kurri Sports Ground on the 17th of February.

Is this a regular event?

I heard that North Sydney Premier League and Jersey Flegg teams are playing in the competition.

The Genge

Juniors
Yeah Kurri RLFC usually but on a big day - some good prize money too.

Might be best to contact Kurri Kurri if you have a side who wants to go in it - you can get their details via the Newcastle Rugby League. Details Below.

Phone:02 49293257
Fax number :02 49291618
Postal Address :17 National Park Street
Newcastle West NSW 2302

girvie

Staff member
I found this article:

http://maitland.yourguide.com.au/de... league&story_id=552178&category=Rugby League

All-star sevens event

The All-Star Pest Control Sevens are back for a third year and while team numbers are down on past years, organisers expect a high-quality field to compensate when the event kicks off on February 17.

Event major sponsor and organiser Glenn Heness confirmed the team count and prizemoney was less than last year, after they were forced to move the event back a week from the initial starting date of February 10.

Heness said he put the event on hold while waiting to hear of Maitland's 2007 rugby league fate. As a result, he said other clubs, which had participated in the past, could not wait and went ahead and made other pre-season playing commitments.

But the show will roll on and Heness was confident the event would uphold its reputation for fast and furious football at its best with high-class teams to vie for $7000 in prizemoney.

Last year's event handed out $8000 to eventual winners Lakes United. This year's winners would be given $5000, $1000 awarded to second place and $500 each to third and fourth places.

Newcastle Rugby League clubs Kurri Kurri Bulldogs, Macquarie, Lakes United, Nelson Bay and South Newcastle are all confirmed to front up, while Greta Branxton Colts, Mindaribba and Umina also return for another crack at the title, with the North Sydney Bears, The Entrance Tigers, Terrigal Sharks and Berowra the other confirmed starters.

Heness said the event would run either as a 12 or 14-team competition as compared to last year's 16-team competition, but was still waiting to hear from the Sydney Bulls yesterday to make a final decision on the competition's format.

He said the addition of North Sydney, who are the Premier League feeder club for South Sydney and Jim Beam Cup team The Entrance would add some "muscle" and stiffen up the competition on the day.

stuke

Bench
not a bad day.

this bloke really piles a heap of money into the Kurri club, and league in the local area. without his support there viability would have been in big danger.

you'll probably be pleasantly surprised by the quality of football on display if you venture up this way too!

The Genge

Juniors
MAybe we could get this bloke to back the Knights and buy out the Wests problem :)

Better still Kurri Kurri Bulldogs to be the new NRL team when the new Gold Coast team fails (again). Well that's my dream - Kurri in the NRL I mean - no Gold Coast failing - I would much rather see Brisbane or Bankstown go first!

girvie

Staff member
I heard that Lakes United beat North Sydney in the Grandfinal.

Apparentlty Lakes United Number 2 was particularly elusive.

Did anyone go?

Latest posts